Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Do You Believe In Leaking?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you think it's right to dowload Rather Ripped?
Fuck the little shits that leaked it 12 10.81%
No...Just no 21 18.92%
I don't care 22 19.82%
It's good that it's available to the people who want it 42 37.84%
Fuck yea! 14 12.61%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04.14.2006, 03:13 PM   #221
stirling
bad moon rising

stirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's asses
"...sleeping giants have been awakened..."

stirling is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 03:23 PM   #222
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
on the news: RIAA lawyers coming to a home near you.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 03:27 PM   #223
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chabib
i dunno, but if i were one of the cavalier assholes sharing the files in any way shape or form, i'd seriously reconsider that decision.

i'd also likely be shitting myself if i was the twatwad who decided to rip and share one of the original watermarked promo discs.

it really has to suck to be stupid.

Another thing that appalls me - those who have the balls to do this ON SONIC YOUTH'S VERY OWN SITE!

This thread alone has sapped some of my will to live.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 03:32 PM   #224
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
i think chabib is just pissed becuz he never got a promo himself..
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 03:34 PM   #225
chabib
Administrator

chabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asses
haha. when i get a promo it means, "habib. make something for us."

i'm definitely in no rush to get a promo.
chabib is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 07:55 PM   #226
naomi
little trouble girl

naomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's asses
i think its ok to download it if its only becuz you can not wait to hear it. like many others i plan to buy the cd and vinyl versions, see them at least 3 times this summer, fly to england to see them there etc.
naomi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 11:18 PM   #227
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Everyone is making way too big of a deal out of this free downloading thing. If Sonic Youth authorize the free trading of live bootlegged shows, then people should be free to share their official album realeases as well. There is NO difference between the two occurences. It's like one person watching a movie on payperview and video-recording it on their vcr and making a copy for a few of yr friends. Once they have their copies, then they are responsible for their actions. It doesnt matter becuz people (many, many people) will still go out to the shows and the stores and buy their stuff. Tshirts, records, stickers, live show tickets, etc. Besides, most bands make the bulk of their money from touring, not from record sales. Ands since the record companies have prosecuted people in the past for illegally downloading music, it has scared most of the people away from the technology. More people use itunes and other stuff like that to get music from the internet.
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 11:25 PM   #228
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
haha. when i get a promo it means, "habib. make something for us."

i'm definitely in no rush to get a promo.

To chabib, promo means.....work, & who likes work. When I hear "promo", it's usually from an LP jacket saying, "For promotional use only, NOT FOR SALE"
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 07:27 AM   #229
next step
the destroyed room

next step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by naomi
i think its ok to download it if its only becuz you can not wait to hear it. like many others i plan to buy the cd and vinyl versions, see them at least 3 times this summer, fly to england to see them there etc.

I'm agree even with that! then, there is even many people that goes regularly to their (sy) gigs and they are downloading the record cause however they wouldn't bought it. dont forget that in exchange they have mp3 quality. worst who rips a record from the original in 2 minutes!
I definitely think that in front of all this everyone cans decide what to do but NOT USING THIS FORUM!
Internet needs laws but not against people that download stuff, laws exactly to the other side.
'downloading' is not my work!
next step is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 09:22 AM   #230
chabib
Administrator

chabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
Everyone is making way too big of a deal out of this free downloading thing. If Sonic Youth authorize the free trading of live bootlegged shows, then people should be free to share their official album realeases as well. There is NO difference between the two occurences. It's like one person watching a movie on payperview and video-recording it on their vcr and making a copy for a few of yr friends. Once they have their copies, then they are responsible for their actions. It doesnt matter becuz people (many, many people) will still go out to the shows and the stores and buy their stuff. Tshirts, records, stickers, live show tickets, etc. Besides, most bands make the bulk of their money from touring, not from record sales. Ands since the record companies have prosecuted people in the past for illegally downloading music, it has scared most of the people away from the technology. More people use itunes and other stuff like that to get music from the internet.

you know what? do whatever the fuck you want. i really tried to help you out. if you don't care... fine. it's all out of my hands anyway.

you can have whatever opinion you want on the issue. the fact of the matter is that the corporation who owns the music has a different opinion and their's is backed up by law. i hoped it wouldn't get to that point and that people would just respect the band's personal preference and that woould be ok and keep everyone out of trouble, but some of you seem to really be putting yrselves out there and asking for trouble.

you really are dumb as fuck.
chabib is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 09:36 AM   #231
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Wow, chabib calling some people out.

Trust me I've been on the receiving end, it doesn't feel to good does it?
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 09:46 AM   #232
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
I can't seem to help coming back to this thread. It's like the undeniable impulse to gawk at the carnage of a bad car wreck.

Every time I open this thread, I lose a bit more faith in humanity.
Old 04.15.2006, 09:56 AM   #233
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
you know what? do whatever the fuck you want. i really tried to help you out. if you don't care... fine. it's all out of my hands anyway.

you can have whatever opinion you want on the issue. the fact of the matter is that the corporation who owns the music has a different opinion and their's is backed up by law. i hoped it wouldn't get to that point and that people would just respect the band's personal preference and that woould be ok and keep everyone out of trouble, but some of you seem to really be putting yrselves out there and asking for trouble.

you really are dumb as fuck.

In all seriousness though, we've established that you are in contact with SY enough to say, objectively, what the actual situation is, beyond a shadow of a doubt. We've also established that there are a lot of people who are ignorant, contemptuous, or just plain ignoring this situation - which is their choice, albeit one that is clearly slightly dubious. I suspect the reason they are contemptuous of the objective situation from the point of view of the artists and the record company concerned. I suspect the reason they are contemptuous is because so many artists and record companies just waffle a lot and don't actually do anything; it seems like you're saying such people are causing the artists/ record companies to give less away free to the 'fans', such as they are. I would like to know whether or not, legally, the record company are actually going to set a precedent and come down on such people, or, as so often occurs in these cases, they are just going to let it slide due to the usual difficulties in chasing up such things - or are the lessened free junkets for fans the manifestation of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 10:53 AM   #234
shitstain
empty page

shitstain has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
This Just In: Sonic Youth Sues Fans
shitstain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 12:11 PM   #235
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
In all seriousness though, we've established that you are in contact with SY enough to say, objectively, what the actual situation is, beyond a shadow of a doubt. We've also established that there are a lot of people who are ignorant, contemptuous, or just plain ignoring this situation - which is their choice, albeit one that is clearly slightly dubious. I suspect the reason they are contemptuous of the objective situation from the point of view of the artists and the record company concerned. I suspect the reason they are contemptuous is because so many artists and record companies just waffle a lot and don't actually do anything; it seems like you're saying such people are causing the artists/ record companies to give less away free to the 'fans', such as they are. I would like to know whether or not, legally, the record company are actually going to set a precedent and come down on such people, or, as so often occurs in these cases, they are just going to let it slide due to the usual difficulties in chasing up such things - or are the lessened free junkets for fans the manifestation of this?
you gotta ask yourself, do geffen care enough to sue a few people on a message board who have confessed to downloading the new LP (many of whom intend to buy it on release).. how would they go about proving this? i don't know what it's like in the US but in UK courts I can't really see them providing sufficient evidence/ or having a strong enough case..
Old 04.15.2006, 12:14 PM   #236
whorefrost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
Wow, chabib calling some people out.

Trust me I've been on the receiving end, it doesn't feel to good does it?
yr incredibly pathetic
Old 04.15.2006, 12:38 PM   #237
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorefrost
you gotta ask yourself, do geffen care enough to sue a few people on a message board who have confessed to downloading the new LP (many of whom intend to buy it on release).. how would they go about proving this? i don't know what it's like in the US but in UK courts I can't really see them providing sufficient evidence/ or having a strong enough case..

Yeah... I'm not so sure that Geffen woudl sue people for downloading songs, but I think there've been a lot of people on this board being very public about the acquisition of property which is not actually theirs to distribute (ie the promo of the new album) which I suspect is a lot easier to trace (IP's, that kind of thing) which, in turn, is what I think chabib was getting at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 01:24 PM   #238
AllHandsOnTheBigOne
children of satan

AllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
I can't seem to help coming back to this thread. It's like the undeniable impulse to gawk at the carnage of a bad car wreck.

Every time I open this thread, I lose a bit more faith in humanity.

I just keep coming back to see how many times you're going to make the same post.
Old 04.15.2006, 01:52 PM   #239
truncated
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllHandsOnTheBigOne
I just keep coming back to see how many times you're going to make the same post.

Studies show that repetition and rote rehearsal work best with the learning impaired.
Old 04.15.2006, 04:01 PM   #240
AllHandsOnTheBigOne
children of satan

AllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
Studies show that repetition and rote rehearsal work best with the learning impaired.

I guess some bullshit just can't be bought, no matter how much it's repeated.
91011 12 13 >
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth