Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Natural Snow Buildings
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.15.2008, 06:05 PM   #1
sarramkrop

Anyone likes them? I'm listening to 'The Sundowner', a cdr of theirs which is pretty great.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2008, 06:16 PM   #2
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
I've heard a couple of things, and can't work out what the fuss is all about.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2008, 08:18 PM   #3
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, i heard that 2CD-R they put out and didn't really get it either, but a few days ago i heard a radio session they did and there were moments of brilliance.

here:
http://www.foxydigitalis.com/foxyd/podcasts.php
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2008, 09:31 PM   #4
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
I heard Dance of the Moon and Sun recently. I rarely ever find a two something hour album that doesn't bore me. Good stuff.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2008, 02:33 AM   #5
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
yeah, i heard that 2CD-R they put out and didn't really get it either, but a few days ago i heard a radio session they did and there were moments of brilliance.

here:
http://www.foxydigitalis.com/foxyd/podcasts.php

Thanks.

That's what I don't get about them, and for a moment I thought that I was listening to two different bands with the same name. On the cd I have they do this psych thing that is great, but on some other stuff that I've found around on the internet they sound almost like a more lively Godspeed you Black Emperor.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2009, 01:25 PM   #6
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

joe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's asses
I love them. They're very interesting. A really great band.
joe11121 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2009, 05:02 PM   #7
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
i only know daughter of darkness which is incredible. a short song off it is going to be on tinnitus next week.

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2009, 07:27 PM   #8
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Nearly everything they've done is perfect.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2009, 05:28 AM   #9
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Nearly everything they've done is perfect.

Do you only do your pricky thing of linking a previous thread when it's someone who's new to the forum?

http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...ow+buil dings

I listened to them recently. They're quite good at what they do. Fair play to all concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2009, 05:37 AM   #10
sarramkrop

This thread was started before that one. Take that, atsonicpark! I'm more knowledgeable than you are!!!
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2009, 05:57 AM   #11
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
That's so much win. sarramkrop, can we be internet buddies? I look up to your knowledge of obscure (and mostly shit) music.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 05.17.2009, 06:01 AM   #12
sarramkrop

Sure, buddy! We have so much in common, don't we? I like shit music, and it helps that you're deaf. I don't mind deaf people, they are just like everyone else to me.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2009, 06:52 AM   #13
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
It's not pricky. There's no reason to have a thousand threads about the same topic. Other boards are way more anal about stuff like that. I just think.. there's a "search" button for a reason.

...Either way, I was aware of this thread, which came way before mine, but I started my own thread specifically about that album anyway.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2009, 09:16 AM   #14
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Sure, buddy! We have so much in common, don't we? I like shit music, and it helps that you're deaf. I don't mind deaf people, they are just like everyone else to me.

Hot dog, buddy! I like deaf people too, lol! They're well postmodern innit lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
It's not pricky. There's no reason to have a thousand threads about the same topic. Other boards are way more anal about stuff like that. I just think.. there's a "search" button for a reason.

...Either way, I was aware of this thread, which came way before mine, but I started my own thread specifically about that album anyway.

Oh, I know all that. I just think that there's a lot of people who jump on the new people and act cliquey towards them, which is prickery in my eyes. I mean, there's really no need for more MBV threads, but it doesn't really bother me as I don't really care to comment in one, let alone all 20, you see?

Quote:
Old 05.17.2009, 06:00 PM   #15
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
^^^ hot dog, buddy? who says that?

I think you should stick to typing properly. lol?

ps: I posted about deaf people back in '99. I'd link you, but there is no archive.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2009, 12:41 PM   #16
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
^^^ hot dog, buddy? who says that?

I was pastiching. You people. Y'know, Americans. You talk a whole world of shite. I mean, take you for example - you're forever trying to convince people that you're a robot. I think precisely the sort of lack of inspiration that leads to a person saying 'hot dog buddy' resides in precisely the sort of person on the (yawn) internet trying to pretend they're a (yawn) robot (yawn).

Quote:
Old 05.18.2009, 12:49 PM   #17
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
I think I might have a little crush on you, Glice.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2009, 01:49 PM   #18
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I was pastiching. You people. Y'know, Americans. You talk a whole world of shite.

yeah, I figured that was what you were aiming for, but...I think "hot dog" might have gone out of style (even amongst the shite-talkers) about 30 years ago.

Quote:
I mean, take you for example - you're forever trying to convince people that you're a robot. I think precisely the sort of lack of inspiration that leads to a person saying 'hot dog buddy' resides in precisely the sort of person on the (yawn) internet trying to pretend they're a (yawn) robot (yawn).

the moniker was given to me, not volunteered. besides, I have no desire to convince anybody of anything over the internet. unless, of course, it's convincing you, moondoggy, that "hot dog, buddy" might be best suited for re-runs of The Monkees, Gidget and maybe The Dukes of Hazard.

My Grand Point: you do much better at "proper typing" than you do "pastiching".

floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2009, 02:05 PM   #19
Glice
invito al cielo

I might make a t-shirt that says "Americans: wit of dogs".

Quote:
Old 05.18.2009, 02:11 PM   #20
sarramkrop

Quote:
I might make a t-shirt that says "Americans: wit of dogs".

Make your own DIY t-shirt that says 'Americans: Natural Snore Buildings', while you're at it.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth