Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page So I'm single for the first time in 3 years
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.11.2008, 02:49 AM   #41
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhler
do you have a hard time listening to music that she really liked or that you enjoyed together? when my first long term relationship came to an end, it was hard for me to listen to what she really liked for awhile. i'm just glad she wasn't much of a minor threat fan.

Not yet. I know what you mean though. Hopefully it never comes to that.

I've been making her a mix album the last few days.
Old 02.11.2008, 02:59 AM   #42
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
I'm sorry to hear that, norma.
Breaking up with someone you've been in a long time relationship is always a difficult thing.
Fuck, it's difficult in most cases.
This reminds me that my ex girlfriend is coming home from Norway this week. We've been together for 2 years and broke up just one week before she left and moved to Norway.
Hu, that's gonna be strange as fuck.

anyways

I can understand you're feelings about not arguing anymore. It's like you don't have the passion to even deal with her or her emotions on a certain level.
I don't want to be rude or anything, but it's so typical that now short after the breakup you still think that you probably will find a way to eachother again. Everyone does that but in most cases it won't happen.
Don't expect too much.

[my english sucks today, gonna get me some coffee]
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.11.2008, 03:05 AM   #43
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Wait.
Norma J is a man?
Or a lesbian?
Feel free to laugh at my ignorance.
Old 02.11.2008, 04:30 AM   #44
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
:| :| :|
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.11.2008, 12:07 PM   #45
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
I don't know how your friends are but I imagine that they're suppose to be there to comfort you in hard times. That's why I mentioned them.

Then I suppose there are enough borderline sociopaths on this board that can't see friends as anything beyond means.

prrrrrttttttttttttttttttttt. brain fart,. sir.

friends are no consolation for a woman. no sir no. they are just a reminder of what you're missing. friend are good for friendship but they are no substitute for a girl. it's like saying '"f you are thisty, just eat more!". sorry, no. now, strippers... strippers might just do the trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J
It was somewhat of a matual decision, but only on my behalf because of late she doesn't look at me the same as she used to. And yeah, I think it is something time will heal, for both of us and there is a huge chance of getting back together down the track... hopefully.

We still talk and are still bestfriends and love eachother, but I guess the best way to put it is, we don't argue anymore. We used to argue about certain things, little things because we were so passionate about eachother, but lately it's like we're too lazy to argue. That may seem weird to others, but I think it makes sense. We're actually getting along better now than we have for the last 6 to 12 months. Which is the only happiness I'm taking from all of this.

We wont lose eachother from our lives, but I dread the time she finds another guy (if we don't get back together), and I kinda dread the time I meet another girl.

mang, a warning, a serious warning, and before it's too late. you can always advance intimacy but you can't withdraw it. because of this you can't be "just friends" with tour ex. you really can't. well maybe you can after a long time has passed and you are both over it, but trying to keep a friendship is going to put you both in a world of pain. imposible to stomach.

i think i get what you mean about not arguing anymore, and sure, constructive fighting is the bread & butter of any growing relationship, and if you are growing apathetic, well... that's not a good sign. but just keep in mind, these things have a way to evolve, they can never stay the same, you can't stay feeling the same all your life, some pasions will mellow, new affections will grow, and hopefully you're not, whats the expression, "throwing the baby with the bathwater". i honestly dont think "time" heals anything-- if something is not working in your situation you sort it out with your partner, you learn & adapt & modify things, but time... time's just inertia.

anyway man, best wishes. it's gonna be rough. hopefully you can get into a good argument again & sort it out. if not, pbradley's friends maybe can help
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.11.2008, 07:00 PM   #46
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
"there goes yr body in a box, and its all I had left, and how does this duty, send me relief, when I have been cheated of you, endlessly..."

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.12.2008, 04:13 AM   #47
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
prrrrrttttttttttttttttttttt. brain fart,. sir.

friends are no consolation for a woman. no sir no. they are just a reminder of what you're missing. friend are good for friendship but they are no substitute for a girl. it's like saying '"f you are thisty, just eat more!". sorry, no. now, strippers... strippers might just do the trick.

mang, a warning, a serious warning, and before it's too late. you can always advance intimacy but you can't withdraw it. because of this you can't be "just friends" with tour ex. you really can't. well maybe you can after a long time has passed and you are both over it, but trying to keep a friendship is going to put you both in a world of pain. imposible to stomach.

i think i get what you mean about not arguing anymore, and sure, constructive fighting is the bread & butter of any growing relationship, and if you are growing apathetic, well... that's not a good sign. but just keep in mind, these things have a way to evolve, they can never stay the same, you can't stay feeling the same all your life, some pasions will mellow, new affections will grow, and hopefully you're not, whats the expression, "throwing the baby with the bathwater". i honestly dont think "time" heals anything-- if something is not working in your situation you sort it out with your partner, you learn & adapt & modify things, but time... time's just inertia.

anyway man, best wishes. it's gonna be rough. hopefully you can get into a good argument again & sort it out. if not, pbradley's friends maybe can help

haha. thanks.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth