Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page worst thing that's ever happened to you?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.24.2009, 08:16 AM   #81
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I have had a lot of shit, but I don't feel like discussing it here.. the one thing i will share was a life-changing experience back in highschool. The police shot and killed a friend of mine with fucking machine guns, and they had us all pretty terrified cuz we were already getting into a bunch of heat with them over some other shootings and fights on our block. My friend Gonzalo was not involved in any of that though, he was unaffiliated with us in that regard. We knew him from another part of town, a different circle of friends. He was a goodie goodie, all he did was drink too much sometimes. They got him on a dui, somehow got confused and pitted his car in a bs pursuit, shot the motherfucker dukes of hazzard style hanging out the window busting caps, stung him in the arm... after you just got shot by the police are you going to stop?

he tried to get home, didn't make it. He got out of the car, did what they said, but couldn't raise his arm (cuz they had already shot it) and so they lit him up with fucking machine gun fire. The worst part is we saw on this on video, a TV camera caught the whole thing, even poor Gonzo's last breath!

I have never trusted ANY police again.. changed my life forever.

holy shit. i'm so sorry.

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.24.2009, 01:49 PM   #82
sonicpixie
bad moon rising

sonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's asses
no need to be sorry but thanx anyway its just really sad to watch someone falling apart in front of you and not be able to do a damn thing about it. i tried to get him to move away from all the shit he was stressing about and just get a fresh start (he wanted to go to tibet and live with monks would you believe!?) but in the end he just let everything swallow him.

i went to see a psychiatrist but i only lasted one session cos she kept trying to tell me i felt guilty and i spent the whole time trying to convince her i didnt have anything to feel guilty about, god dammit!!!

to suchfriends:
that is fucking awful to see the whole thing on tv, brings to mind a feeling of cold rage and helplessness____________
sonicpixie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.24.2009, 02:11 PM   #83
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
honestly, a really bad acid trip.... took about a month to clear my head up.

Strictly caused by reality, I'd have to say hurricane Katrina in '05
FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.24.2009, 02:14 PM   #84
sonicpixie
bad moon rising

sonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's asses
what happened on yr bad trip or would u rather not talk about it?

someone i know said they met someone who accidentally took a massive gulp of liquid acid when she was younger thinking it was something else and she has been tripping for the past 30 years, she is completely gone... im not sure if its true or not but i guess thats what would happen if you took that much. whether shes still tripping or just mental its hard to say and i wouldnt like to do the same to find out for myself!
Old 09.24.2009, 02:16 PM   #85
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
^showing up at the astrdome with my then-wife at 1:00 AM when the 50 thou or so people came in on buses from the superdome, and volunteering and seeing that mass of humanity refugee style in my own city, that was rough. sad sad sad sad sad night.

I unloaded 18-wheelers with other opeople that showed up that night/morning to set up cots.
Old 09.24.2009, 02:49 PM   #86
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpixie
what happened on yr bad trip or would u rather not talk about it?

someone i know said they met someone who accidentally took a massive gulp of liquid acid when she was younger thinking it was something else and she has been tripping for the past 30 years, she is completely gone... im not sure if its true or not but i guess thats what would happen if you took that much. whether shes still tripping or just mental its hard to say and i wouldnt like to do the same to find out for myself!

Yeah, I've heard of stories of people getting stuck tripping. It could go by either massive dose or piramiding hits. It happens, not a myth. I had a friend who was piramiding, taking more and more hits, coming down to continue to trip. He eventually shot himself in the head on his porch.

In my worst trip, I was tripping really hard. There's phases of a trip and with strong acid, you will get to a point where you don't know you are tripping... in other words, reality gone bye bye. I was at that point with a friend but having the best trip of my life.... all good vibes, etc. Some reason or another he started wigging out and panicing to me. I didn't know what the hell was going on and was in no condition to deal with him. So I hacked him to pieces..... nah, just kidding (but seemed like the appropriate thing to do). We just ended up flailing around, panicing, going in, going out. I puked a couple times, with further freaked us both out. Then as we came down, we stirred about. We couldn't stop moving because an overwhelming sense of melting kept happening, but then when we moved, it felt even more discomforting. Every single thing simply freaked me out, nothing made sense. Simple trivial stuff, like any piece of furniture, a clock, a rug would blow my mind and instill an overwhelming bit of anxiety. We sat for four hours and hours thinking about how to kill ourselves (literally). We both confessed that if we had a gun that night, we would have shot ourselves, without hesitation.... simple as that.

It set me into such a spin of anxiety and depression, I went to rehab following that for about a month.

I've have many other more extravagant trips in wild locations (@ work, school, parties, concerts, camping), but that was one typical trip that went bad. It was also the last time I took acid.
Old 09.24.2009, 02:50 PM   #87
FreshChops
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
^showing up at the astrdome with my then-wife at 1:00 AM when the 50 thou or so people came in on buses from the superdome, and volunteering and seeing that mass of humanity refugee style in my own city, that was rough. sad sad sad sad sad night.

I unloaded 18-wheelers with other opeople that showed up that night/morning to set up cots.

... salutes ya' Rob!
Old 09.24.2009, 02:53 PM   #88
FreshChops
100%

Quote:
my best friend going mental trying to kill himself many times then killing someone else with a crossbow and a hammer and for some reason he still cant explain feeling the need to send me a photo of this on my phone

messes up my head because i feel like i lost someone but im on the wrong side of it no one died that i love but he was like my brother and i miss him.

i explained to the police conversations i had with him when he was clearly losing the plot but they didnt present any of this in court, so he went away for life but not to the right place, he's on a shitload of different meds now and the prison doesnt really know what to do with him

sorry to hear about this,

Outta' curiousity, was your friend on any meds at the time when he killed someone? Like, antidepressants?
Old 09.24.2009, 03:52 PM   #89
sonicpixie
bad moon rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshChops
sorry to hear about this,

Outta' curiousity, was your friend on any meds at the time when he killed someone? Like, antidepressants?
No he wasnt on meds, he was an alcoholic, if he didnt have a drink for 2 hours he'd start shaking. he used to smoke weed too and at one point he made a choice between the two, i was trying to get him to just stick with the weed...

what i told the police to illustrate why i thought he was losing his mind was not long before it happened he called me up cos he was freaking out about various things, we went to the pub and he just started crying which i didnt know how to handle, to look at him you'd think he was the last person in the world who would ever cry in front of anyone. so we got out of there drove up to the hills overlooking town and he told me all this fucked up stuff about his childhood, talked for hours and then he suddenly looked up and said 'not being funny but where the fuck are we?' and he didnt remember anything at all since that morning, (he'd only had a small amount to drink at that point too)
there was that and the fact that he used to be a vegetarian (because he had principles about it not cos he didnt like meat) and one day he bought a pigs head and started shooting it with a crossbow and just shooting rabbits and stuff too, that was very odd behaviour...

To Freshchops:
so would you ever do acid again? its the only drug i havent done very much but really really want to do more of - or shrooms or similar basically anything where you hallucinate_____
Old 09.24.2009, 03:56 PM   #90
sonicpixie
bad moon rising

ive just realised i put 'to freshchops' when i was already replying to you anyway, gosh im special
Old 09.24.2009, 04:08 PM   #91
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Adolescence.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.24.2009, 04:34 PM   #92
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
I got fired from a backpackers, making me homeless. That was a bummer.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.24.2009, 05:11 PM   #93
FreshChops
100%

Quote:
No he wasnt on meds, he was an alcoholic,

To Freshchops:
so would you ever do acid again? its the only drug i havent done very much but really really want to do more of - or shrooms or similar basically anything where you hallucinate_____

I asked because I have an evolving suspicion about bizarre or extreme murders involving the use of antidepressants, OCD or anxiety. All of those bizarre stories where mothers stab or drown their children, usually to turn around stabbing themselves, involve the fact of them being on antidepressants. This is usually covered up by pharmaceutical companies bullying them in the media. They are all out not allowed to discuss details of what meds they were taking. In my opinion, it's the biggest cover-up going on in this country right now. I've seen and heard even local stories on the radio where police will be on the scene of a mother stabbing her kids to death and then herself in her bed.... to have neighbors being interviewed on the spot, claiming she had been "taking meds for depression". When the story prints, they completely sweep her prescriptions factor under the rug.

The Virginia Tech shooter was on antidepressants among other things.... when he went on a psychotic killing spree.... same with the columbine kids. They want to make it a "Guns" issue, but why not condemn pharmaceutical companies that turned them fucking psychotic!

I found a website out there that had an accumulation of murders (most usually bizarre, unlikely ones and most usually involving knives and stabbing) that involved the use of antidepressants. I'll try and look for it....

to sonicpixie

As far as Acid, I would not do it again... just on a personal note. But, it's not that I wouldn't recommend it. I would recommend it, as well as shrooms, hash and peyote if you've got it and are in the right frame of mind..... as you probably know, they just amplify your current state of mind. The hardest I've ever hallucinated was actually from taking mega doses of "Equate" brand dimenhydrinate (motion sickness pills), about 6-10 pills. Although, I would NOT recommend it. It beats the fuck out of your stomach. you feel like you're going to die for about 1 hour after taking.... but when the hallucinations kick in, oh boy!
Old 09.24.2009, 05:17 PM   #94
sonicpixie
bad moon rising

thats fucked up! yeah let me know the website if u find it.
he's on a lot of meds now but they dont seem to be helping at all.

cool cool i shall continue along my acid path... being in the right frame of mind i think is a good idea at all times before taking anything like that, i have put it off for ages for fear of my thoughts rather than what i might see, only just started taking it again recently just got to remember to be sensible
Old 09.24.2009, 05:18 PM   #95
sonicpixie
bad moon rising

p.s. motion sickness pills?!! those things are disgusting they used to make me sick just from the taste of them. i guess thats the idea, throw up before u get in the car...
Old 09.24.2009, 05:54 PM   #96
Better_Than_Deux
children of satan

Better_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshChops
bizarre or extreme murders involving the use of antidepressants, OCD or anxiety. All of those bizarre stories where mothers stab or drown their children, usually to turn around stabbing themselves, involve the fact of them being on antidepressants.

i took zoloft for a month after my mom died and was fine, but for some reason my quack thought i should switch to celexa, so i did.

holy.
fucking.
shit.

i've never been more scared in my own head. me&hayden&his family were coming back from this amusement park and the weather started to get bad. and i watched the clouds and convinced myself that if we didn't make it back to willmar before the "hand of God" touched earth everyone I knew would be killed in the apocalypse.

I kept it pretty cool, but jesus christ, I won't touch those pills ever again. and not just celexa but any type of anti-depressent.

it wasn't until recently that hayden told me quacks aren't even supposed to prescribe that to people under 18. wtf.

Better_Than_Deux is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.24.2009, 05:58 PM   #97
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
My friend killing himself in front of me.
I started crying just typing that.

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.24.2009, 06:03 PM   #98
Seandi
stalker

Seandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's asses
found my Mother dead. Later had to make all the arraignments since the rest of my family decided to fall to pieces
Seandi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.24.2009, 06:09 PM   #99
FreshChops
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seandi
found my Mother dead. Later had to make all the arraignments since the rest of my family decided to fall to pieces

Sorry, you're obviously a strong soul!
Old 09.24.2009, 06:16 PM   #100
FreshChops
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better_Than_Deux

i've never been more scared in my own head. me&hayden&his family were coming back from this amusement park and the weather started to get bad. and i watched the clouds and convinced myself that if we didn't make it back to willmar before the "hand of God" touched earth everyone I knew would be killed in the apocalypse.

Whoa! that's some real shit! That's what I'm talking about. I was on an anti-depressant and anti-anxiety coming out of rehab for a couple months. My brother repeated all of these crazy stories I told him on them, that I had no recollection of. I was telling him how peaceful it sounded to me to just jump from this high rooftop there. I was dead serious and convincing but with no logic, other than it seemed completely rewarding to me.

Aside from that, before, I had never had any thoughts of suicide. And it's not the thoughts of suicide that are scary, but the logic that some see in killing their loved ones on the drugs.... then have no logical explanation as to why.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth