Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.01.2009, 01:11 PM   #121
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
jesus...... im not downloading this album because it goes against all moral fibers of my body..i will wait until it gets released properly and then i will be victorious!!

please...every album, sy album that comes out we have this....... we live in an internet age.... ive heard the album..sy streamed the album on the site for god sake... are they saying.now now people dont you go and record this or we will be forced to .....cry..... no they dont, they have a brain..well 5.....it is 2009 and there is PLENTY of differing leaks of the album around the internetwebland and everyday one gets caught and deleted by the web sherriff or whomever...... i downloaded it and ive got an advance copy cd...its in my car at the moment,..... there is 256 rips about ...ive listened to it now 7 times and i have fallen in love with the album....does that make me a internet criminal???

now i have an advance, am i not going to go out and buy it...OF COURSE THE FUCK I AM! i can see both points of view but if artists didnt ewant their stuff leaked then we wouldnt have any advance copies, no reviews, no airplay, no publicity, no nothing until the album came out........

its time to set the record straight and people to stop moralizing about their music collection. home taping is killing music...ok yeah, they said that on lp covers in the late 70s....erm, hello, we have plenty of music now! its a great way to spread the word as well.......

actually theres a thought. how about a band release a record with no internet publicity ever...say lightning bolts new album is padlocked under brian gibsons bed until the day of release then he cycles around the states and the world throwing the cds at people shouting "new lightning bolt album is out fuckers" the internet would die instantly and the world would be maybe not a better place but a less leaky place...we wouldnt be squelching around the parameters of legallity and nonsense anymore... mr giobson may come with a benny hill theme tune as well...for comedic value....

anyone got a link for the eternal by the way?
Old 05.01.2009, 01:16 PM   #122
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
It won't be long...
which makes this 128 stream even that much more ridiculous.

And people wonder why the record industry is hurting right now.

so, what yr trying to say is "record labels are closing left and right because they refuse to release high bit-rate copies of albums BEFORE they are sold to the general public".

cool story, bro.

[edit: my lack of reply speed made me have to quote you. in yr original post, you said "closing left and right" and not "hurting". things are looking up! feel free to replace all references to "closing left and right" in MY post with "hurting". ]
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2009, 01:18 PM   #123
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
if you have already ordered the album, you will be getting a cd copy soon; so why cry about a slightly-less-than-audiophile-quality recording that you can listen to now?

Because it is not slightly less than audiophile quality. 128k is garbage and gives people a poor first impression. Not good for sonic, not good for matador, and certainly not good for those that shelled out $20 two month in advance.

We have been treated like stupid Jonas Brothers fans and I expect more from a label of the caliber that I thought matador was on.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2009, 01:20 PM   #124
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
actually..yknow you do have a very valid point about the 128 bitrate thing..its a bit..erm, cheap?
Old 05.01.2009, 01:22 PM   #125
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
so, what yr trying to say is "record labels are closing left and right because they refuse to release high bit-rate copies of albums BEFORE they are sold to the general public".

No, that is not what I am saying. record labels are hurting because they are not adapting to the digital world around them. 128k in 2009 is a joke for any format release.
Old 05.01.2009, 01:24 PM   #126
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
sonic youth rule all
Old 05.01.2009, 01:40 PM   #127
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
gives people a poor first impression.

one might suppose that the bulk of those PRE-ORDERING will not be getting any sort of "first impression" of sonic youth.

who pre-orders shit from bands they've never heard??

Quote:
record labels are hurting because they are not adapting to the digital world around them.

I agree with this (somewhat); however, 10 years ago you would have first heard the new sonic youth album in yr car, on the way home from buying it.....(wait for it)....the day it was released. not two months prior, and certainly not without driving to the store.

I'd say Matador is doing a fairly good job at "adapting". the money that you paid was for the CD. everything else is gravy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
actually..yknow you do have a very valid point about the 128 bitrate thing..its a bit..erm, cheap?

if by cheap, you mean, a free advance release, then yeah.
Old 05.01.2009, 01:42 PM   #128
DaveMartin
little trouble girl

DaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
No, that is not what I am saying. record labels are hurting because they are not adapting to the digital world around them. 128k in 2009 is a joke for any format release.
Ok final word on this (I hope).

there is not a "release" of a 128K stream. The release is the LP or CD that you pre-ordered. The stream is an added bonus so you can check out the album early IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO. If 128K is a joke in your town then please wait until your LP or CD arrives to get up get, get get down.
DaveMartin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2009, 01:44 PM   #129
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

no i dont mean it that way..they could have put out a higher quality bitrate or something..thats all., look im no expert and dont pretend to be

..as for cheap in getting an advance..i got the advance, i didnt actually ask for one! so what was i to do...destroy it on the grounds of principal? there is no cover art or no nothing really, just a disc and a little sticker.... so im still buying the real deal.......

just for the record ive bought every sy album on day of release since dirty (i was a bit young to fully appreciate goo at the time) and will contine to do so bitrate or no bitrate!
Old 05.01.2009, 01:57 PM   #130
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

if it wasn't for that nagging bit about the album not actually being out yet, I'd be 100% with you guys.

thing is, I completely fail to see how it would behoove any company to give away the highest quality version of their product months before it's to be released, other than quelling anal angst.

let's redicuss this the day after release. if yr cd is 128bit quality, you'll have me on board.
Old 05.01.2009, 01:58 PM   #131
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMartin
Ok final word on this (I hope).

there is not a "release" of a 128K stream. The release is the LP or CD that you pre-ordered. The stream is an added bonus so you can check out the album early IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO. If 128K is a joke in your town then please wait until your LP or CD arrives to get up get, get get down.

It is a stream release at this point and the first impression to the world. That is why it is all over the internet right now. *POOF* RELEASED! And all at a stunning 128k. Amazing!

*shakes head*

What was the point of letting matador hold my $20 for two months? I could have saved a trip to my record store and just purchased the album from the store the day of release.

BULLOCKS!!!!

we've been had and you are a part of that.
Old 05.01.2009, 01:59 PM   #132
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
if it wasn't for that nagging bit about the album not actually being out yet, I'd be 100% with you guys.

thing is, I completely fail to see how it would behoove any company to give away the highest quality version of their product months before it's to be released, other than quelling anal angst.

let's redicuss this the day after release. if yr cd is 128bit quality, you'll have me on board.

What makes you think 192 is "the highest quality version". It wouldn't even be close.
Old 05.01.2009, 02:06 PM   #133
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:

Then what was the point of letting matador hold my $20 for two months? I could have saved a trip to my record store and just purchased the album from the store the day of release.

BULLOCKS!!!!

We've been fucking had.
Old 05.01.2009, 02:13 PM   #134
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

arguements valid on both sides....

lets be grateful that after all the years as aband, the youth have actually made an album of amazing merit for us to get all arguementative about.....

seriously, im increasingly impressed with the eternal..roll on june so i can get my hands on the actual proper unit....
Old 05.01.2009, 02:13 PM   #135
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Then what was the point of letting matador hold my $20 for two months? I could have saved a trip to my record store and just purchased the album from the store the day of release.

the freakin' bonus LP numbnuts!
Old 05.01.2009, 02:19 PM   #136
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
the freakin' bonus LP numbnuts!

I bought it for the stream (which I cannot use without blood coming out of my ears).

Now I have to go download this shit even though I have already paid for it. Lovely.
Old 05.01.2009, 02:32 PM   #137
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
arguements valid on both sides....

lets be grateful that after all the years as aband, the youth have actually made an album of amazing merit for us to get all arguementative about.....

seriously, im increasingly impressed with the eternal..roll on june so i can get my hands on the actual proper unit....

That I am grateful for my friend. I did listen to the stream 1 time and it seems like some of their most inspired work since washing machine in my eyes. They are an incredible band. I never want them to die.
Old 05.01.2009, 02:33 PM   #138
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
^^ i think they already died of a heart attack just reading yr posts.
Old 05.01.2009, 03:01 PM   #139
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by greedrex
^^ i think they already died of a heart attack just reading yr posts.

If anything killed em' it was the 128k stream.
Old 05.01.2009, 03:16 PM   #140
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedrex
Not sucking Matador's arse here, but i really don't see the point in going on about this??? I don't even understand the problem. Any digital format (except flac maybe but come on) will be inferior to CD, and even more so sexy waxxx. Everybody knows that even my greatgrandmother. What difference does it make between 128 and 320? Next to nothing, this is a STREAM to PREVIEW the album. You were warned. Stop crying. Nobody's forcing you to listen to it. Nobody lied and nobody's stealing yr money or time. On the contrary i think that a lot of effort has been put in to satisfy the customer and i guess there are label concerns that not anybody can actually understand or take for granted. just listen to the songs, damnit.
I've been listening to this on perpetual spin for three days. See? i'm not dead. And i'm loving it. if you're an audiophile, SKIP IT. FORGET IT.
What's with the hate? The label lets you listen to the LP A MONTH ahead of physical release date. Any dumbass Sy fan could do the BEGN thing to get the extra goodies and just AVOID to listen to the 128k (o fuck is that a swearword yet?) stream if they are so inclined. Who fucking cares????
Just be grateful there is a new album out, which is fantastic, that we will all have in our hands fairly soon.
i'm sorry but this is really ridiculous.
get a fucking life, bunch of morons.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to greedrex again.
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth