Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Have you ever thrown away food that was offered to you in a kind and generous manner?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.27.2009, 10:28 PM   #81
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
why would they have guacamole in a japanese restaurant?

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.27.2009, 10:31 PM   #82
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
why would they have guacamole in a japanese restaurant?

That's what people were saying haha, and that was a question I was wondering before learning what wasabi was. It was a green paste, so I just made a quick assumption
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.27.2009, 10:37 PM   #83
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
i love japanese food, but wasabi is hell

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2009, 06:25 AM   #84
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
my girlfriend tricked me into taking wasabi. oh my!
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2009, 06:37 AM   #85
Green_mind
the end of the ugly

Green_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the dog was so quick all it too was for my mother to look away a mere second

haha not long ago I was flipping a bacon & cheese omlette and floored half of it, my dog flipping wolfed it down in milliseconds, took the daft lil' shit rat a second to realise that it was way too hot to digest.

I use to turn down my dad's spag bol for a while, but now after a good few years he's finally mastered it.
Green_mind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2009, 07:44 AM   #86
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Has anyone tried Bosintang? It's dog soup.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2009, 08:01 AM   #87
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Is that what your parents give you for lunch? You're better off drinking your dad's urine.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2009, 08:05 AM   #88
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
I believe you can add dog piss to the soup to spice it up a little.
Old 12.28.2009, 08:12 AM   #89
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Ask your dad.
Old 12.28.2009, 08:17 AM   #90
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Anyway, the food I tasted yesterday looked like orange wraps filled with turds, and it tasted as such. I ate it, smiled politely, and felt like vomiting it back on the plate.
Old 12.28.2009, 08:46 AM   #91
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
a while ago i went over to my boyfriend's place for dinner. he lives with his parents and his mother cooked a meal, but they're not exactly familiar with vegetarian food. so the meal was good, brussels sprouts, potatoes, mushrooms in some cream sauce. too bad i have some mushroom phobia (the texture makes me want to puke) and his mother poured meat sauce all over the potatoes. it was very awkward to get my plate for a second, thank god it wasn't the first time i stayed for dinner, i just politely told her i was sorry but couldn't eat the potatoes and ate my sprouts (which i loved). she apologized and offered to make me an omelette, and everything turned out well.

seriously, if you don't want to eat something they serve you, try taking one bite or just say politely: "i'm very sorry but i really can't eat this food, it's ok, i do appreciate your effort"

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2009, 01:33 PM   #92
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploesj
a while ago i went over to my boyfriend's place for dinner. he lives with his parents and his mother cooked a meal, but they're not exactly familiar with vegetarian food. so the meal was good, brussels sprouts, potatoes, mushrooms in some cream sauce. too bad i have some mushroom phobia (the texture makes me want to puke) and his mother poured meat sauce all over the potatoes. it was very awkward to get my plate for a second, thank god it wasn't the first time i stayed for dinner, i just politely told her i was sorry but couldn't eat the potatoes and ate my sprouts (which i loved). she apologized and offered to make me an omelette, and everything turned out well.

seriously, if you don't want to eat something they serve you, try taking one bite or just say politely: "i'm very sorry but i really can't eat this food, it's ok, i do appreciate your effort"

Yeah, but we're talking about genteel death here. He has about as much charm as a barracuda.
Old 12.28.2009, 01:50 PM   #93
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
Yeah, but we're talking about genteel death here. He has about as much charm as a barracuda.

being polite is always a god start, and even if you're not the most charming person on earth, it will still look better than getting caught giving your portion to the dog.

plus, i was under the impression that the thread title was "have you ever thrown away food that was offered to you in a kind and generous manner?" and not "what should genteel death do when someone tries to feed him something he doesn't like?"

and, in my humble opinion, genteel death has a lot more charm than you.

flickr

Old 12.28.2009, 01:57 PM   #94
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Quote:
being polite is always a god start, and even if you're not the most charming person on earth, it will still look better than getting caught giving your portion to the dog.

plus, i was under the impression that the thread title was "have you ever thrown away food that was offered to you in a kind and generous manner?" and not "what should genteel death do when someone tries to feed him something he doesn't like?"

and, in my humble opinion, genteel death has a lot more charm than you.

Enough charm to warrant knox putting him on ignore? Clearly your definition of charm, which in genteel death's case borders on misogynistic thuggery, differs wildly from people who know the true meaning of charm.
Old 12.28.2009, 02:01 PM   #95
ploesj
invito al cielo

Quote:
Enough charm to warrant knox putting him on ignore? Clearly your definition of charm, which in genteel death's case borders on misogynistic thuggery, differs wildly from people who know the true meaning of charm.

at least it's better than mindlessly posting comments nobody's waiting for. genteel death might not be the most charming character here but you even manage to annoy me by posting comments that seem to have very little thought about it.

flickr

Old 12.28.2009, 02:16 PM   #96
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Quote:
at least it's better than mindlessly posting comments nobody's waiting for. genteel death might not be the most charming character here but you even manage to annoy me by posting comments that seem to have very little thought about it.

That's the norm for message boards.
Old 12.28.2009, 02:37 PM   #97
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

KIS, for real, do you not get tired of talking bollocks ALL THE TIME?I mean, I can't find a single thread or post of yours which isn't some antagonist shit about this or that, and literally nothing of interest whatsover. I can understand it if you were entertaining or witty, but this broken record you seem unwilling to stop is tedious, which is more offensive. And I am not charming at all, certainly not with people I have no real interest in. Live with it.
Old 12.28.2009, 02:41 PM   #98
infinitemusic
the destroyed room

infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
Not long ago I went to a Japanese restaurant for a work party. Hmm, not a great idea since sushi isn't something that everybody will appreciate, and it's not something I enjoy. My connection with Japanese eating is nil. I ordered the vegetarian platter, and the soup consisted of mainly fish oil, I felt like I was drinking a fish, so I respectfully refused it. My entire meal was just squash skin sushi that emulated a fish taste perfectly, and it was the only thing that I could order that pertained to my diet. So I dipped a large slab of "guacamole" onto a slice of sushi and devoured that shit, only to realize that the "Guacamole" wasn't guacamole. A sharp heat rose up through the back of my head and gave me a killer headache, that was a lot of freaking wasabi. Mang, terrible experience.

I don't even know what to say

Quote:

Neither of you are charming or interesting at all. And for the record, you're both on my ignore list.
infinitemusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2009, 02:51 PM   #99
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

ploesj- It very much depends on the people cooking and the situation, so I don't think politely refusing always works. Someone can be friendly and at the time insist on you trying out a speciality of their own country. Also, cultural differencies and language can play an involontary part in causing a misunderstanding.
Old 12.28.2009, 02:54 PM   #100
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Infinitemusic/knox- please do keep me on your ignore lists. You both suck, so I don't give a shit. Ogay?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth