Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page asp's classic albums # 71: korn - s/t
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.13.2014, 11:34 AM   #81
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
yeah I know it's just the 3 EP's, but I hadn't picked up the first two, so it's all new to me. And I like it a lot. It's a nice divergence. I like that he's got enough sideprojects to explore different sounds and then it feels like Deftones is all those sides mashed up in a blender.

If you hadn't heard the first two already then you'd particularly dig this record. I especially like the first two, which was why I was a bit let down on the newest material. But 9 out of 13 fantastic tracks isn't bad!

As to deftones becoming a mash up of Team Sleep-Crosses-Palms.. yes this is true, but its been pissing of Steph who misses the thrashier, old school deftones sound of the first two record. I think since Chino has become so much more involved in deftones guitar work that Steph isn't exactly jealous, but also feels like its become a competition for creative input

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth