Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Meat Puppets
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.23.2006, 04:38 PM   #1
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Does anybody belong to the MP discussion group? Being a big fan, I thought I'd check it out, but I'm waiting to be approved by the moderator. Will I have to go through some strange initiation ceremony?

Should I be talking about another discussion board here?

If not, I should also confess that I use the discussion board at work .
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2006, 02:09 PM   #2
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
What happened to the Meat Puppets reunion?

Also if there is gonna be one, why the Primus drummer? Derrick Bostrom makes posts on the Meat Puppets website every other week. He doesn't seem that busy to me.
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2006, 10:55 PM   #3
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Also, does Kurt Kirkwood really manage his own myspace page. All these bands are converting their websites to myspace but I'm not buying it. Seems like every band has a myspace page and you know most of them probably don't even know it exists. Myspace blows anyways
Old 06.25.2006, 11:41 PM   #4
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Yes, myspace truly does blow. It blows long and it blows hard. It's mostly a bunch of 15 year old losers who think they are cool but are just really dumb and lame. I don't know how to put it anymore eloquently than that. I don't think anyone can. It's pretty simple, just like the people on myspace! I also hate how they take these incredibly ridiculous pictures of themselves and post it on their pages. Learn how to work a fucking camera you goddamn amateurs! Actually look into the lense and stop putting the camera above yr head! It's not cool! It's fucking dumb!

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2006, 11:45 PM   #5
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Wait, was was I here for? Oh yeah, the Meat Puppets. I heard that they AE getting back together sans Bostrom and replacing him with Primus' drummer. I don't remember why Bostrom won't do it, but he won't, so we'll just have to live with it. It will suck for sure without him, but it's still good enough. I've never been able to see them live and I will take it at any opportunity that I can get. As long as Curt and Chris are in it, it's gravy. I don't know when the dates will start, but I hope it's soon, before the end of the year.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2006, 01:55 AM   #6
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
I think I said this on a different thread, but I'll say it again: I don't think MP without Derrick will be any great loss (sorry Derrick) and I think Curt & Chris ARE the Meat Puppets. Apparently they've recorded the album already but I don't know anything about live dates. I've seen them a few times, and I'd love to see them again! Although I think they were always a bit reluctant to go to other countries.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2006, 02:23 PM   #7
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

it will be of some loss without Derrick but it will still be close to good enough

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth