Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Denver Show at the Gothic Theatre
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.23.2006, 12:26 PM   #1
thethuthinnang
little trouble girl

thethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to all
Anyone from the forum going to this show? My fiance and I just moved to Boulder from New Orleans, so we don't know a soul in the area. If anyone wants to get ripped or not! before/after/at the show and make some cool friends in the area, pm, im, post, stalk!

Looking forward to an amazing setlist. Every night, the setlists get better and better.

Seems like I've been waiting for this show forever!
thethuthinnang is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2006, 04:56 PM   #2
thethuthinnang
little trouble girl

thethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to allthethuthinnang is a name known to all
upskunk
Old 06.26.2006, 10:30 AM   #3
renderful
empty page

renderful has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I'll be there, but you knew that
renderful is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2006, 10:30 PM   #4
matt g
bad moon rising

matt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's asses
thethuthinnang-check pm-
matt g is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2006, 11:44 AM   #5
poster72
empty page

poster72 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Ill be flyin' solo to the show! none of my friends or my wife dig sonic youth. around boulder too....you guys getting together for some fun beforehand?
poster72 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2006, 01:39 PM   #6
renderful
empty page

renderful has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Would definitely like to chill with you guys before the show.
renderful is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2006, 01:41 PM   #7
thethuthinnang
little trouble girl

We're heading to Denver around 4 or 5. We haven't been there since we moved to Boulder, so we're going to dick around a bit. I pmed both you guys our number.
Old 06.28.2006, 08:30 AM   #8
paco
empty page

paco ain't too shabby
Good show. They played nearly all, if not all, of "Rather Ripped," plus "Tom Violence," "Schizophrenia," "Mote" and one or two other songs that I can't remember.
paco is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 09:11 AM   #9
matt g
bad moon rising

matt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's asses
Last nights show was chock full of the punk rock equivalent of elfin magic or something like that! I gotz mad chillz from the sonic soundz! Sorry i didn't get to hang with you others, i didn't get there until right before Awesome Color started playing. AC's drummer rox! Do you not agree? Sonic life is been very very good to me, I hope you all thought it was a rockin good time as well... peace out playaz
Old 06.28.2006, 09:54 AM   #10
poster72
empty page

agree on the drummer, but the rest of the band was just ok. didnt really dig the singer guy much, with the cobra attack. funny though cuz in front of SY's bus out front there was this little kid asking me to shut the hatch on their van cuz he couldnt pull it shut from the inside. i thought, wow these guys look young. turns out it was their drummer, that kid looks like he's 12.

as for sy, sounded great. i hadnt picked up rather ripped yet (got that and murray st last night) so the songs were mostly new to me. but i still enjoyed it greatly. ears are still ringin'!
Old 06.28.2006, 11:23 AM   #11
matt g
bad moon rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster72
agree on the drummer, but the rest of the band was just ok. didnt really dig the singer guy much, with the cobra attack. funny though cuz in front of SY's bus out front there was this little kid asking me to shut the hatch on their van cuz he couldnt pull it shut from the inside. i thought, wow these guys look young. turns out it was their drummer, that kid looks like he's 12.

as for sy, sounded great. i hadnt picked up rather ripped yet (got that and murray st last night) so the songs were mostly new to me. but i still enjoyed it greatly. ears are still ringin'!

yo- their drummer is a she(i made the same mistake at first)! i said "hey" to her after the show, & she was way cool.
Old 06.28.2006, 01:50 PM   #12
poster72
empty page

well now i really feel like an ass!
Old 06.28.2006, 01:58 PM   #13
against_the_grain
stalker

against_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g
yo- their drummer is a she(i made the same mistake at first)! i said "hey" to her after the show, & she was way cool.

Hey guys,

This is my first post here...I haven't read the FAQ....

I was at the show last night ! I didnt realize the drummer of the opening band was a girl till she leaned down right in front of me at the end of their set. She'd tossed a bottle back at one of her fellow band members that missed and hit this girl right next to me....it wasn't damaging, just a bit out of line and she heard some flak from an audient. Anyway...I was right under Kim the whole time and took over 100 pics of which about 25 came out pretty good...

I'm wondering....don't flame me for not going over this site yet...but can I post photos I've uploaded to my photobucket of the show ?

Thanks....I hope for a prompt reply.....
against_the_grain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 02:03 PM   #14
poster72
empty page

ooooh, i wanna see!
Old 06.28.2006, 02:08 PM   #15
against_the_grain
stalker

against_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard sucka
Ok....I hope this works....I'll start with one to see if it works...

Old 06.28.2006, 02:17 PM   #16
against_the_grain
stalker

Alright, it works !

You wanna see more ?
Old 06.28.2006, 02:22 PM   #17
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah... bring it on.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 02:24 PM   #18
against_the_grain
stalker

Ok.....

Old 06.28.2006, 02:26 PM   #19
against_the_grain
stalker

Old 06.28.2006, 02:42 PM   #20
against_the_grain
stalker

I really rushed into this site.....have been a member at Led-Zeppelin.com for ages. So this is my second band site to join....anyway...I just saw the Sonic Sharing forum where it may be more appropriate to post these photos..but what they hey ?....I figure it's ok since this thread IS the Denver show last night....

Here's the setlist....which included everything off Rather Ripped, which I think is PERFECT POP......I"m digging it. I've seen SY once before in Newport, RI during the summer of 1992.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth