Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Please croak today...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.07.2008, 05:08 PM   #21
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
I'll have to ask Woody Allen. It's his quote. I just thought it was funny and true. We complain about life all the time but we also don't want to die.

so it's the steak i mentioned above-- sorta:

"Cloquet hated reality but realized it was still the only place to get a good steak."

ha ha ha

ok gotta go
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2008, 05:10 PM   #22
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Woody's the best on Death.
Old 02.07.2008, 05:11 PM   #23
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
They say left-handed people do have a tendancy towards schizophrenia...

we have no idea what yr talking about.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2008, 05:14 PM   #24
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Crap, majority wins...
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2008, 05:18 PM   #25
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
The thing that keeps me going is, I can't wait to see what happens next. Even when things are crappy. Something in me just wants to see what will happen the next day, whether that's in my own personal narrative or in what's going on "out there." It bothers me to think about everything I will miss out on when I'm gone.
Old 02.07.2008, 05:19 PM   #26
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
The thing that keeps me going is, I can't wait to see what happens next. Even when things are crappy. Something in me just wants to see what will happen the next day, whether that's in my own personal narrative or in what's going on "out there." It bothers me to think about everything I will miss out on when I'll miss I'm gone.

But that was my point with dying as well. What's next? I mean, I feel that I know what is next, but knowledge based on faith is different than knowledge based on experience, so you're still curious...
Old 02.07.2008, 11:47 PM   #27
gmku
invito al cielo

Death will come. I have no problem waiting for Death. In fact, I'd like to keep Death waiting. Maybe I just won't answer the door.
Old 02.08.2008, 12:08 AM   #28
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Death will come. I have no problem waiting for Death. In fact, I'd like to keep Death waiting. Maybe I just won't answer the door.

Old 02.08.2008, 09:09 AM   #30
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

I should be receiving this movie soon...
Old 02.08.2008, 01:27 PM   #31
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Because if you don't, you are only putting off the inevitable.

Why is death such a horrible thing? Especially murder? They finally pinned the guy up against the wall in that case about the girl from Alabama who went missing in Aruba. Natalie something. It's makes you wonder though, even if he did kill her - and I'm sure he did - why does it matter? I mean, I understand that there is a moral sense among humans that says you can't just go around killing people, and I'm not trying to act like I am above that. But I have had a lot of people in my life die, and it makes you wonder if death really is so bad. I mean, look at your options. Let's say you are religious, right? Many religions preach many things, but they all include something about what will happen after you die. You will go to heaven, you will be resurrected, you will meet up with 72 - or is it 77? I can't remember - vigins in heaven. Whatever you believe, and I'm not knocking any beliefs, death sounds pretty nice. And if you aren't religious? Atheist even? Then you will no longer exist at all, and you will just be gone. But if that is true, you won't be there to know it, so what will you care anyway? And if you stand somewhere in between, not knowing what to believe, or if you should believe anything at all, then I would imagine the curiousity of what would happen at death would be so overwhelming that you would practically be begging for some punk to take you out, just to see what happens next.

I for myself, I have my beliefs. I don't want to die in any form or fashion, be it murder, stroke, car accident, what have you. But only because of the people I would leave behind, my wife and family who would miss me. And I do enjoy life; I want to be with them as well. But if, by chance, I find myself lost and cruising on the corner of Vine St. and McMicken Ave., I know when the guy is walking towards my car what is coming next. All I ask is that he be quick about it so I can get on with things.

I don't want to die just yet. I don't want to pick up the check until I'm done with my meal. And all I have done is ordered my drink.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.08.2008, 01:31 PM   #32
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Faith is a mysterious thing. Some people have faith in nothing......faith in no one. There is a great deal of people who have lots of faith: family, friends, religion, ect. Sometimes (maybe most of the time), those with no faith think those who have faith are foolish. In return, those who have some sort of faith often view those that claim to have no faith as being misguided......severely scorned somewhere along the path of thorns. The faithless often decry they should not be judged unless another person walks a mile in their shoes......as if those with faith are never challenged or deal with trouble. The funny thing is, those with great faith will tell you they have such faith because they overcame their troubles and challenges. Just like with metal, through the firing process it becomes stronger.

The only reason we have "knowledge" is because we know something is next. Our belief in what that is makes us all different. This is why the world has so many different religions. When afterthefact started this thread, he mentioned the following: heaven, virgins and nothingness. When many talk about the afterlife, this is what they usually consider. Not trying disrespect anybody's beliefs, but I do find it somewhat strange that most never consider hell. And trust me, I whole hardly agree it would be the best thing EVER if this place is not true. But does anyone ever take the time to consider what if their wrong about hell? I don't believe in people / beings from other planets. I simply don't think it's true. If a UFO landed on the White House lawn today, then I would find out that I was wrong in my belief. But then what would I have really lost due to that belief? What if many are wrong about hell? All of that bad stuff......being in torments, gnashing of teeth and the whole eternity thing.

I don't guess we have any dentist on here do we? Is it even possible to gnash ones teeth outside of hell? I know some people have problems with grinding their teeth......but is this the same as gnashing?

I have never known someone who has faith in nothing. I can only think of one person in fiction who has faith in nothing. The man who controls the universe in Douglas Adams "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"
Old 02.08.2008, 01:34 PM   #33
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

Anyone ever see the thing on Twilight Zone where the guy dies and the afterlife is really great- he always wins at gambling, he gets all the chicks, has a great life, etc. But then he starts to get bored with it and asks the guy who shows him around "what kind of heaven is this?" and the guy said "I never said this was heaven"

The best sounding heaven to me is Val Halla.
Old 02.08.2008, 01:51 PM   #34
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I should be receiving this movie soon...

just so you know, my favorite character is the esquire
Old 02.08.2008, 02:09 PM   #35
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

faith = balls

i lack "faith", especially the religious kind.

i especially reject the notion of hell-- a mental concoction designed to torture the minds of children.

i've been to hell, and it's on earth.

but still i'm happy with my life, thank you.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth