Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.27.2018, 07:52 AM   #10661
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i found the stadium is not a purchase, it’s a 99 year lease, and your rent is a miserable 2.5million pounds a year. i mean even a championship team could afford that.

the mayor of london wants to raise the rent but there is a dispute over number of seats going from57k to the full 60k, which the club wants allowed before talks of rent increase.

meanwhile boleyn sold for 38 million!

that club is loaded
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2018, 09:20 AM   #10662
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
All looks rosy, I know, but factor into that a Mayor needing to save money, a local council that has none, the olympic committee who just need to accept reality and a team owner who dresses like Stalin. But all that's it's own thing. More concerned short term with Wolves next week. I didn't see them against City. I know they got lucky with the goal but they were still meant to have looked good. I do really rate Neves.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2018, 09:33 AM   #10663
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oh shit you playing wolves in the weekend?

father son and espírito santo!

thats a well-honed squad if you ask me
Old 08.27.2018, 12:03 PM   #10664
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
They are. I don't know much about him but that Santo guy is getting lots of praise and generally touted as a name to watch. The bookies make WH very slight favourites but it could go either way.
Old 08.27.2018, 12:18 PM   #10665
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

so i saw this video clip the other day by some "men in blazer" people and one of them was saying that liking chelsea or man city was boring and that the true soccer fan would pick west ham.

he said it would always be exciting because throughout the season you'd either be ecstatic about an impending europa qualification or terrified about relegation. which was good for the true fan, lol.

which sounds about right! plus you like frightening movies, ha ha ha.

mind you, wolves haven't won one yet... tied to everton, lost to lester, tied to man city. nuno was in the news saying they would not change their style of play in reaction to this. which i can appreciate. same as pellegrini more or less.

and i like their style of play. i cant explain it, but very entertaining for my eye. more skill than power, good creative midfield, not overly arsenalic though. a 3 4 3? anyway they are not fantastically talented but they're skilled and cohesive and put on a good show. i did not see their lester defeat though. maybe you and pellegrini should, and draw some lessons.

it's "espírito santo," i.e., "holy spirit" not just "holy", but long names are unusual in english, except maybe for lloyd george, bohnam carter, and newton-john xD -- hence i'm calling him "nuno" from now on.

anyway-- if i manage to catch that game (not sure service will offer, i'll have to see) i'll be rooting for wolves just to feed your halloween thrills, ha ha ha
Old 08.27.2018, 12:48 PM   #10666
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Are you watching Man U v Spurs tonight?
Old 08.27.2018, 12:50 PM   #10667
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Are you watching Man U v Spurs tonight?
oh shit, forgot. you mean for lunch. sure! i'll have it on.

not sure i can watch 100% due to work that must happen but will keep an eye for sure
Old 08.27.2018, 01:31 PM   #10668
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

lol now they even have a ref on tv trying to psychoanalize mourinho

shit gets so boring!

--

gotta say the prem commentariat is fucking irritating

bunch of tabloid shit. more tactics less bullshit please or ill shoot my teevee

did not sign up for hello magazine

--

SO. end of first half MAN U LOOKING GOOD. i think they had the best chances, and had several. the luck was not there but i'm sure the talking heads will try to attribute the random motion of flying objects to psychoanalysis because they have to bloviate about *something* nonstop.

im muting the tv

--

well that was unexpected...
Old 08.27.2018, 03:49 PM   #10669
demonrail666
invito al cielo

spurs fans singing sacked in the morning. could be after this.
Old 08.27.2018, 04:13 PM   #10670
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

during the 2nd half i was on a tech support call, volume down, and BLAM, WTF???

i did not see the defensive mistakes and up to halftime but i though united played great--at least first half

2nd time from behind looked like they didn't stop fighting

but spurs just landed the best punches when it mattered

i don't see what mourinho did that was so wrong here.

jettatura?
Old 08.27.2018, 07:21 PM   #10671
demonrail666
invito al cielo

No question MU had the 1st half but they fell apart in the 2nd half. Herrera in defence? Mourinho's lost it. Did you hear his rant at the end of the post-match? If he's still there by christmas I'll be amazed.
Old 08.27.2018, 07:47 PM   #10672
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
No question MU had the 1st half but they fell apart in the 2nd half. Herrera in defence? Mourinho's lost it. Did you hear his rant at the end of the post-match? If he's still there by christmas I'll be amazed.
yeah i did see the interview. didnt think he was ranting. sounded calm to me ha ha ha. seriously not being contrarian. his comments made sense to me.

i dont know what to say. to me man u played well but failed to score, whereas at least the first spurs goal was a bit of a fluke. looked absurd.

i don’t know this herrera. seen the name, but know nothing of him.

i could not really pay attention to the 2nd half though so im sure ive missed details. but i did see them try hard to score, if anything.

im really not too interested in mourinho as a person though, or where will he work tomorrow, but his tactical mistakes. clearly the players showed a good attitude, so it can’t be the locker room problems of the rumors that brought this result.

what were the actual tactical errors as you saw them? not player errors but coach miscalculations. how would you do it differently? who would you play where? who do you think was missing and could have been there? how would you stop and beat spurs if this was your chessboard?

im gonna go look at this herrera and find out about him in the meantime

i’ll also read some of the live blogs to see the action i missed
Old 08.27.2018, 10:57 PM   #10673
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

found a good one!

https://www.theguardian.com/football...chester-united

these things i did not know cuz i dont know the players but now i do a little more
Old 08.28.2018, 07:17 AM   #10674
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Yeah, the formation was untried with Herrera there and it all points to Mourinho still not knowing who his best players are and how/where to play them. As though he's now just trying different things more out of blind hope than through any kind of proper plan. But whatever way he plays them, too many individual players seem to have lost trust not just in his ideas but in him. It's the usual Jose 3 year plan: 1) build bus; 2) park bus; 3) throw squad under bus. His success was built through a cult of personality so it's inevitable people will look into that personality to try and understand why it always implodes after three seasons.
Old 08.28.2018, 08:38 AM   #10675
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8510596.html

--

also i watched the post-match interview (blue background) not the press conference where he held 3 fingers up

now i wanna ha ha ah ha. well maybe not.

but the central defenders seem to be the problem

---

well no. this is catching me up with my morning coffee:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...log-navigation

a day too late for sure but i begin to get it...

especially the preamble: https://www.theguardian.com/football...b0b69fd6c56b95

how much better is this guardia guy than the tv heads. oh i hate the tv heads. so irritating.

>>>tv interlude, not football per se >>>

the people we get here commenting are:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbie_Mustoe
he knows some stuff but is just annoying the way he speaks
also has a cock contest with the younger guy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Martino
he's there for the haircut and cuz he's american
also lets the older guy poke him

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca_Lowe
is she there for the "british accent"? whatever. annoying.

as for the announcers i have to find them out. wish they called the game but they bloviate instead.

anyway, tv complaints lol. mute button getting used a lot. i do not like this nbc team.

fox doing great with the bundesliga, they have some grumpy sounding germans who know their shit and can analyze a game play by play. serious pros. plus the presenter kate abdo sounds good is funny is knowledgeable as well.

>>>TV RANT ENDED>>>

THURSDAY IS CHAMPIONS DRAW!
Old 08.28.2018, 11:32 AM   #10676
demonrail666
invito al cielo

My fave post-match analyst on TV is probably Gary Neville. He openly hates Liverpool as much as he loves Man U but he's always very good talking about the games.

The best writers are at The Times but they have a rigid paywall. The Guardian's OK but nothing amazing.

There's a weekly hour-long show on Sky that they always put up on yotube, where leading journalists discuss the latest developments. Some people find it a bit dry but I absolutely love it and watch it every week. It doesn't really focus on tactics but it'll be a convenient way of keeping up with all the big stories and general thinking about players, managers, etc.

This is the latest one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9xChGsWm7A
Old 08.28.2018, 03:04 PM   #10677
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

thanks! i'll check that video as soon as i get a chance

i had spotted some news of gary neville who apologized to the sucky defenders for having said they were sucky. didn't read the details but guess he shouldn't have, ha ha, cuz they did make errors.

im also getting a newsletter from the guardian called "the fiver". nice writeups. explains more in detail re: midfielder herrera as cb, plus various absences, background, context, etc.

i'm seriously thinking about cancelling my NTY subscription and paying the guardian instead. fucking NYT articles are so long, it's like a magazine. i need to scan news quickly. if i read a magazine, let it be the economist. i like that rag. very global in scope.

plus, coverage: i can read more about the hawaii storm and floods in british papers than in american ones. yes, american journalism is in a steady nosedive, all trump all the time.

okay!

oh, the west ham fan i mentioned earlier is JAMES CARDEN or CORDEN

you probably know/have heard about it. some comedian? anyway...
Old 08.29.2018, 04:21 AM   #10678
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Wait...you don't know James Corden? Damn, you got lucky.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.29.2018, 08:59 AM   #10679
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Wait...you don't know James Corden? Damn, you got lucky.
first time i think i saw him was in that video. if i did before i do not recall.

his thing about being a west fan ham was a little memorable, but mostly cuz of demonyo and this thread i think.
Old 08.29.2018, 10:37 AM   #10680
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i gotta run today but check this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PpsTrNpViY0
434484524531532533 534 535536537544584634 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth