Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café III
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.19.2014, 05:50 PM   #241
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
beat's not bad
Old 03.19.2014, 05:55 PM   #242
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Well, I don't know about that. In my experience, Weezy's album tracks (even downright deep cuts) have always been more interesting than his crowd-pleasing singles. I'm still gonna hold out hope, even if the single blows.

Not sure how I feel about it all yet. Do I think he's going to quit the game for real? Probably not. I think he's frustrated that he hasn't had a fan favorite in a while, and that Carter III kinda killed his career. All the cross-genre experimentation, rapid fire releasing of forgettable one off's, and return to form club bangin in the world can't change the fact that he made an artistic masterpiece, and it seems to have been a fluke.

Part of me hopes he puts out some multi producer (hopefully fly lo, rza, and Kanye) art-hop opus that makes even III pale in comparison. But I wouldn't mind getting a more down to earth, honest, genuine street rap album either. Something more like II.

But I definitely think he'll be back. All the best rappers go through phases of mediocrity. If he wants to be a legend he'll stick it out and keep making music like so many of the other hip hop legends have done.
you have a point there. 6 Foot 7 Foot is easily the best track on C4 to me though. i just need a good indication for Wayne's current rapping ability.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.19.2014, 05:59 PM   #243
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
all this hype building up right now with Wayne rapping better on his recent features, saying he's gonna stop rapping about pussy, calling it his retirement album, etc.. makes me think Tha Carter 5 is going to be special.
Old 03.20.2014, 04:22 AM   #244
louder
invito al cielo

http://pitchfork.com/news/54422-raek...versary-album/

"I would be the first one to say that we cannot leave everything in RZA’s hand no more," Rae says. "He has done his job to the greatest of his ability when we were younger, but now every man plays an imperative role in this situation. His plan was to do a more humble album. We was like, Nah. You can't do that with the hardest group in the game."

damn.
Old 03.20.2014, 07:10 AM   #245
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
http://pitchfork.com/news/54422-raek...versary-album/

"I would be the first one to say that we cannot leave everything in RZA’s hand no more," Rae says. "He has done his job to the greatest of his ability when we were younger, but now every man plays an imperative role in this situation. His plan was to do a more humble album. We was like, Nah. You can't do that with the hardest group in the game."

damn.

To me, this is the equivalent of John and Paul arguing over the direction of Let it Be. The fact that Ghostface wants in on the production is even reminiscent of George being like "Oi, assholes, obviously I'm ridiculously talented. Stop hogging the glory and making all the motherfucking decisions."

I hate to say it, but if there's an official Wu-Tang album coming out that RZA, Gza, Raekwon, and Ghostface all disagree about, then I almost don't want it being released under the Wu-Tang Clan name at all. If those four aren't on the same page about the album, it's going to be a failure before it even comes out.

Rae needs to be more open minded about what hip hop is, and where hip hop is at the moment. That said, RZA is a man to be trusted. He's been the driving force behind the band's musical direction since say one, so RZA being in charge is kind of the nucleus of Wu Tang, and the reason Wu Tang Clan records sound so different from the (equally badass) solo efforts. RZA knows what the fuck he's doing, and I really hate the idea of infighting within the Clan.

I'm afraid to listen to the song. This album is BIG for me. If louder is already calling it whack, then.... Shit. What a fucking disappointment.

I'm bummin' y'all.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.20.2014, 07:35 AM   #246
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I for one think that a 'humble album' makes sense. I'd hold faith in Rza's vision.

The beat on this track reminds me of old Wu. (The chorus sucks though).

But what I'm getting at is this: yeah they have all the $ they could need to make the biggest album they want. But y'know what Wu album I totally adore? The W. That album is amazing and part of it to me is that it sounds so low budget. Like, they had all this $ and fame and had done this sprawling big $$$ double album, and then it sounds like Rza just went back to analog and cheap gear on The W. There's imperfections all over the place. Weird mixing. It's awesome.

If something like that were made to celebrate 20 years of Wu, I'd be thrilled. Forming some kind of trilogy of Enter The Wu-Tang, The W, and this.

The Wayne stuff, so hope your'e right louder. C5 should be great. That sort of talent doesn't go away, but dude's been lazy.

Though I still contend there's tons to like on C4. Then again, I'm also the guy who says that if you cut about half the tracks off of IANAHB2 that you'd have a really good album - so who am I to say? Haha.
Old 03.20.2014, 06:34 PM   #247
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Hey so what's the deal with this YG ninja?
His album is ridiculously cheap at a really crap chain store. Kinda thinking it won't be here for long. I see decent guest appearances, and I really don't want to have to buy YOUNG MONEY. (I don't care if it's got Minaj and Drake and blah blah blah, it's just a bitchass imprint comp, which are notorious for satisfying fans in between studio albums. Beside, Cruel Summer already took that format, legitimized it, and made it impossible to hear one without wishing you were hearing Cruel Summer!!

Seriously, YG. You're a fan, right louder?
Old 03.20.2014, 06:40 PM   #248
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
YG - My Krazy Life (March 18)

The album begins with "Momma Speech Intro" a 15 second intro of YG's mother screaming o
ut to him, warning him that he "better not be outside with them gangbangers." This sets the tone for the rest of the album, as it is filled with skits that reenact moments of YG's life.[22] "I Just Want To Party" features fellow Los Angeles rappers Schoolboy Q and Jay Rock. The song is notable for featuring a collaboration with rappers affiliated, with the Bloods (YG and Jay Rock), and Crips (Schoolboy Q) street gangs. However, the song aims to put affiliations and street politics aside to do just party.[23] On the Ty Dolla Sign-produced "Really Be (Smokin' & Drinkin')", YG and Kendrick Lamar rap about using substances to numb the pain.[24][25] Lamar justifies his affinity for alcohol and other vices by detailing the messed up things that’s happened to him recently, including the death of his friend Chad.[25] The album closer "Sorry Momma" is an ode to YG's mother that features a gospel-like chorus sung by Ty Dolla Sign and a soulful saxophone backed instrumental created by Terrace Martin.[26][27]

Here we are. Still not clear on your final opinion on it. My search was inconclusive on that particular piece of the should-I-buy-this? puzzle.
Old 03.20.2014, 07:09 PM   #249
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I have no idea on YG.

BTW, the first Young Money album was solid. But I don't have a lot of faith in this new one.
Old 03.20.2014, 09:20 PM   #250
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I have no idea on YG.

BTW, the first Young Money album was solid. But I don't have a lot of faith in this new one.

Yeah, the first was solid. But how long ago was that one released? Wasn't it the same year as Carter III? Of course it was solid.

I think the time has come and gone for the era that birthed Lil Wayne's solo success. Drake is adapting by following other adaptive rappers and expanding his sound. Niki is... Frankly, probably kind of over, since she has not proven herself to be the most reliable playa in the game when it comes to releasing decent albums. Who else is there? Anyway... Weezy should have adapted and never attempted another genetic Mustard club banger.

But maybe he's like this generation's Kool Keith. Maybe he's still got a Dr. Octagon in him. Though it's not likely if he plans on no longer rapping about pussy.

Wtf is that about anyway? Pussy is all over Yeezus. I think it's a sign that a career is at an end when an artist starts saying, "I'm gonna do better." It's sad. May Kanye West never publicly utter those words.
Old 03.20.2014, 11:20 PM   #251
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
But maybe he's like this generation's Kool Keith. Maybe he's still got a Dr. Octagon in him. Though it's not likely if he plans on no longer rapping about pussy.

Don't you ever compare these pussyclot ninjaz to the pure artistic rap genius that is Kool Keith/The Black Elvis/Dr Octagon/Dr Dooom/Diesel Trucker/Sinister 6000/Poppa Large/Mr. Green/Rhythm X/Willie Natural/Fly Ricky the Wine Taster/Klean Man/Reverend Tom/Keith Turb/Robbie Analog(one of my all-time fav RZA disses)/Willie Biggs/Mr Gerbick/Mr Nagacto ever fucking again, or I and they WILL take flight on yo a$$!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nagacto
I wake up every morning an iron my power pants, and stand in a power stance

Honestly, what tha fuck do you GOT ON THAT YO

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.20.2014, 11:28 PM   #252
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
hiphop is the whole culture, graffiti, break dancing, DJs, rappers.
rap is talking in syncopated rhymes.
don't listen to people who say rap is the commercial stuff and hiphop is the underground stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

Rap is not entirely deprived of culture, just mostly.

old school yo

speaking of which, here are the ORIGINAL SYG HipHopRap threads.. notice me and Rob are on it

Edit: Adam posted on there, and fuckin shit I'm drunk enough that it quite literally made me fucking cry.. Should I also post this BitchAboutShitThatIsPissingYouOff/OnlyPostIfYoureCompletelyWasted/GoodNightSweetPrince ??

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.21.2014, 04:07 AM   #253
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Here we are. Still not clear on your final opinion on it. My search was inconclusive on that particular piece of the should-I-buy-this? puzzle.
his album is alright.

i would rather you buy the Freddie Gibbs & Madlib album.
Old 03.21.2014, 07:37 AM   #254
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yeah, the first was solid. But how long ago was that one released? Wasn't it the same year as Carter III? Of course it was solid.

no... if memory serves it came out mid or late 2009, around his No Ceilings mixtape. That sounds right. And then Rebirth/IANAHB was 2010.

Nikki kills when she guest-verses on stuff. But I can't listen to her for a full album. Drake is great of course. But none of this matters, becuz Nikki, Drake & Wayne seem to be on like less than half of the new YM album.

Which seems really stupid because then what the heck was the Rich Gang album? Confusing. I figured Rich Gang (such a stupid name - why didn't they just keep Young Money Cash Money Billionaires?) was supposed to be the album that showed all the supporting cast, and then I figured we'd get a proper YM album that was really just those 3 as the stars.
Old 03.22.2014, 04:26 AM   #255
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
no... if memory serves it came out mid or late 2009, around his No Ceilings mixtape. That sounds right. And then Rebirth/IANAHB was 2010.

Nikki kills when she guest-verses on stuff. But I can't listen to her for a full album. Drake is great of course. But none of this matters, becuz Nikki, Drake & Wayne seem to be on like less than half of the new YM album.

Which seems really stupid because then what the heck was the Rich Gang album? Confusing. I figured Rich Gang (such a stupid name - why didn't they just keep Young Money Cash Money Billionaires?) was supposed to be the album that showed all the supporting cast, and then I figured we'd get a proper YM album that was really just those 3 as the stars.
her first two albums kinda suck but i'm gonna give her new one a chance when it comes out.

yeah i don't really know what they're doing.. they'll probably never make a proper group album. so much wasted potential.

--

Wayne's verse on "Senile" (from the Rise of an Empire album) is really good, damn.
Old 03.22.2014, 10:05 AM   #256
louder
invito al cielo

new Future album in April! yess.

Pluto is one of my fav rap albums of the decade.
Old 03.23.2014, 07:15 AM   #257
louder
invito al cielo

https://soundcloud.com/cracktracks50...it-jay-z-x-jay

new freestyle by Jay Electronica & Jay-Z:

1.) FUCK, this is great.

2.) Act 2 is definitely coming out this year.
Old 03.23.2014, 02:03 PM   #258
louder
invito al cielo

Lil Wayne Says He Wants A Legacy Like Snoop Dogg's Or Willie Nelson's In CRWN Interview
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...crwn-interview

"I would just say I would like to be remembered as a humble, good soul. A good spirit. A good soul," Lil Wayne said. "[A] thing like that. You know what I mean? Like a…a Willie Nelson. You know? Just remembered as everybody fuck with you. Like A Snoop Dogg. You know what I mean? Before I used to be shooting for more of a Biggie, Biggie/Pac/Jay type title. I used to shoot for that. But now I think my history already done that. You know what I mean? So, now I just—I wanna just be remembered as 'Man, that nigga was cool. He did great ass music and that's who he is. Period.'"
Old 03.23.2014, 04:24 PM   #259
noisereductions
invito al cielo

humble? Lulz. Great ass music yes. But humble?
Old 03.23.2014, 04:38 PM   #260
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
humble? Lulz. Great ass music yes. But humble?
hahaha. a bit too late for that, i'd say.
101112 13 1415162363 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth