Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page sonic youth sao paolo streaming!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.14.2011, 08:01 PM   #21
badgercorn
bad moon rising

badgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's asses
A couple of clips have popped up with 'final show' on them, not that that's anything to go on. I assume this is the end of the show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxaJgfjx540
badgercorn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2011, 02:40 AM   #22
forgetmeknots
empty page

forgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's asses
I was there. I've seen SY live several times, this show was definitely NOT one of their best performances. You could cut the air with a knife, the vibe was totally heavy between the band. None of the band members' eyes met the entire time, except for the guitar swordfight moment. Before the show, Kim was seen alone behind the stage drinking whisky.

I do not want to remember my favourite band's last performance like that... So tense...
forgetmeknots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2011, 02:53 AM   #23
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgetmeknots
Kim was seen alone behind the stage drinking whisky.

mmmmmKim and whiskey...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2011, 03:05 AM   #24
forgetmeknots
empty page

forgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's assesforgetmeknots kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
mmmmmKim and whiskey...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I didn't say there was anything enigmatic about that. My emphasis was on the fact that she was seen by herself most of the time before the show. Not that it means anything. It's actually none of mine or your business. All I hope is that everyone in the band is doing good in their lives.
Old 11.15.2011, 03:54 AM   #25
badgercorn
bad moon rising

badgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox

However, the Brazilian press was told they wouldn't ever record as Sonic Youth again. But sometimes they make things up.

Any sources?

Quote:

I do not want to remember a favourite band's last performance like that... So tense...

Purely from those videos it does seem tense. And there's something about Thurston sitting on the drum riser right at the end in a pensive manner looking at the crowd for a while which seems ominous. Hmm.
badgercorn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2011, 04:23 AM   #26
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDXdJqraN-s

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2011, 04:37 AM   #27
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm getting pretty upset watching these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBTk9fu_fN0

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2011, 04:46 AM   #28
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I didn't say there was anything enigmatic about that. My emphasis was on the fact that she was seen by herself most of the time before the show. Not that it means anything. It's actually none of mine or your business. All I hope is that everyone in the band is doing good in their lives.

you're right, but damn that image is so sexy. Kim and Whiskey....
Old 11.15.2011, 04:58 AM   #29
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
I'm getting pretty upset watching these...

I'm watching it...even though I can't hear a damn thing.
Old 11.15.2011, 07:58 AM   #30
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgercorn
Any sources?
No, like I said they are idiots and make things up.
I saw all the footage from back stage it's true that they weren't even talking to each other.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2011, 08:46 AM   #31
forgetmeknots
empty page

And a reliable source told me that "Lee won't ever play with them again", that seems to be the situation at this point. I cannot help but wonder what could've happened to make them not even talk to one another. It is really fkn sad.
Old 11.15.2011, 09:01 AM   #32
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I want the gossip.
I was hoping for a Fleetwood Mac kind of thing.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2011, 09:45 AM   #33
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
brave men run
death valley '69
sacred trickster
calming the snake
mote
'cross the breeze
schizophrenia
drunken butterfly
starfield rd.
flower
sugar kane
teen age riot
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2011, 09:57 AM   #34
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses
Great vids!!!

Great great setlist aswell!!
Pelle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2011, 10:01 AM   #35
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I'm watching it...even though I can't hear a damn thing.

OK, I'm a gearhead junkie and I can't help to notice on these vids:

On Brave Men Run/DV'69 Lee is playing what appears to be a new/different telecaster, I've never seen him play a Telecaster Custom before (its definitely a custom because I have one), it has a single coil in the bridge and the wide range bucker in the neck position, he usually plays tele deluxes which have 2 WR humbuckers... also the customs have traditional tele headstocks and deluxes have the fatter strat style ones and Thurston's sunburst jazzmaster for these songs looks different/new? it has two knobs, they've been hotrodding all these guitars w/ only a volume knob for some time now...

Kim's jazzmaster in Calming the Snake (@ 17:52)? looks sorta like her J Mascis custom Jazzmaster but it has a black body or is it just the lighting? again this one has two knobs and a jazzmaster pickup in the neck and humbucker in the bridge, is this a "blacktop series" jazzmaster?

Now this is getting weird, Thurston's primary "CGDGCD" beaten black sticker-laden jazzmaster is used on Mote? ...the tuning is very different, his tuning for Mote is GGDDD#D#.

Ok more new/different guitars on 'Cross the Breeze (@ around 25:00), Lee is playing what looks to be a new looking blue musicmaster w/ WR humbuckers, and Thurston is playing another black w/ red pickguard jazzmaster but it also looks brand new, upper horn electronics taped over and also without those pot modifications as they have volume and tone knobs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRI-O8nG2s8

What the??? Thurston w/ another new looking black w/ red pickguard jazzmaster on Schizophrenia, looks identical to the one used in 'Cross the Breeze...

Lee is playing a new looking tele deluxe thats red? w/ black pickguard on Starfield Road, and then on Flower (@16:15) an all black telecaster with 2 - WR humbuckers

looks like Thurston's vintage sunburst jazzmaster used during the "Rather Ripped" tour is back and tuned for Sugar Kane/Teenage Riot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd50ZSORf_8

The band has new/different equipment and their future is uncertain??? ...maybe these are rented guitars?

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2011, 10:53 AM   #36
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
in order to play all of the shows on the recent south american tour sy had
to take 2 teams of guitars to s america. an 'A' team and a 'B' team of
guitars, basses, and various drum items.
the 2 teams of equipment were sent to different cities on the tour.

it was virtually impossible to get the 'A' team to every show so the 'B'
team was used when the 'A' team was being shipped to the following show.

sort of leap-frogging like stadium bands do w/ their stages, etc.
Old 11.15.2011, 11:20 AM   #37
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe
in order to play all of the shows on the recent south american tour sy had
to take 2 teams of guitars to s america. an 'A' team and a 'B' team of
guitars, basses, and various drum items.
the 2 teams of equipment were sent to different cities on the tour.

it was virtually impossible to get the 'A' team to every show so the 'B'
team was used when the 'A' team was being shipped to the following show.

sort of leap-frogging like stadium bands do w/ their stages, etc.

Wow, Moshe you always have the goods! where/how did you find this out?
I guess it makes sense, but it sounds quite expensive $$$ to have done to ensure there are not any issues.
So it seems that they had to purchase new guitars in order to do this.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2011, 12:02 PM   #38
l'voyeur
bad moon rising

l'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgercorn
Any sources?

Purely from those videos it does seem tense. And there's something about Thurston sitting on the drum riser right at the end in a pensive manner looking at the crowd for a while which seems ominous. Hmm.

At one point of the show in Lima,Thurston was sitting in a side of the stage in the same maner
l'voyeur is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2011, 12:13 PM   #39
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
And a reliable source told me that "Lee won't ever play with them again", that seems to be the situation at this point. I cannot help but wonder what could've happened to make them not even talk to one another. It is really fkn sad.

gtfo.
Old 11.15.2011, 12:55 PM   #40
Moshe
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
Wow, Moshe you always have the goods! where/how did you find this out?

i know the truck driver

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth