Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Bike Ridin'!!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.28.2006, 07:11 PM   #21
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chabib
as long as it isn't a kryptonite NY lock, you can cut it with a hacksaw. if it's a krypto, you can do it with an angle grinder.

Well the bike is trashed anyway. Tires deteriorated, rust everywhere and stuff. So many parts should be replaced by now and the frame is wrong size for me anyway. I don't care.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2006, 07:51 PM   #22
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chabib
i do CM in new york--which, if you haven't heard, involves police chases which include: the cops driving SUV's thru crowds of cyclists, then stopping short and opening their doors into oncoming cyclists; cops on motorscooters who will t-bone and/or intentionally collide with yr wheels to damage yr bike and cuse you to wreck; cops with safety netting who run out of nowhere to net off intersections and tackle cyclists; car and motorcycle chases of cyclists against oncoming traffic and on sidewalks; surveilance by multiple police helicopters; undercover NYPD agent provocateurs who try to get the mass to ride down the FDR Drvie and west side drive; cops with portable angle grinders who illegally cut the lock off of yr bike if you lock up and get away by foot or are at an afterparty; arrests/jail time for traffic violations; etc.

wait, this is a passtime where people get chased by the police??? or am i missing the point?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2006, 08:04 PM   #23
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

Disgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's asses

Me about to go down a bridge

Going downhill

I enjoy the shit out of mountain bicking. I rode with a crew in Miami WWW.Dirtdogs.org Oleta state park has good intermidiate trails & Markhum park is downright scary. I hope to hit trails here in Ky but, I know I'll get some major downhill drops out here. I've had all kinda shit happend once I was riding without a helmet and I almost ran into a tree faceplant but I put my forearm and that braced my face, I've gone over the handle bars pleanty & I've been stabbed by the front gear in the back of my calf. Still love it !!!

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Disgruntled Youth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2006, 08:24 PM   #24
raycharlescansee
little trouble girl

raycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard sucka
I have a 98 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo e Koo. I ride about 30 miles a day when the weather is nice. I try to commute to work as much as possible but the combination of weather, crazy drivers and me not being a morning person limits that.
raycharlescansee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2006, 08:29 PM   #25
chabib
Administrator

chabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
wait, this is a passtime where people get chased by the police??? or am i missing the point?

it's kind of become that. check this blog for details:

http://bikeblog.blogspot.com
chabib is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2006, 08:34 PM   #26
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
yeah ive heard about that in new york

here we have a group of like 15-20, our only trouble is other cars trying to pass and then yelling at us and shit. people here are jackasses
Old 03.28.2006, 08:44 PM   #27
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
im pretty surprised i havent been hit, when i ride on the street cars go by and say GET ON THE SIDEWALK WHERE YOU BELONG and then speed past me in the median of the road between me and the other lane. its crazy, cars think they own the road
Old 03.28.2006, 08:53 PM   #28
raycharlescansee
little trouble girl

raycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard sucka
I've been hit twice in the last year while riding my bike to work. People have no respect for bikes.
Old 03.28.2006, 09:01 PM   #29
RIPfrey05
the end of the ugly

RIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard sucka
wtf.. critical mass sounds crazy.....man!
http://www.myspace.com/thefloridaorangebirds
MY FUCKING BAND
RIPfrey05 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2006, 09:06 PM   #30
RIPfrey05
the end of the ugly

RIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard sucka
o rly?!?!?!
id do it!~!!!
MY FUCKING BAND
Old 03.28.2006, 09:09 PM   #31
RIPfrey05
the end of the ugly

back to that tall bike thing...whats the point of that??
is it to kick people in the face??
thats mean
i saw them weld some bikes in a japanther video..it was the black label guys!
MY FUCKING BAND
Old 03.28.2006, 09:21 PM   #32
RIPfrey05
the end of the ugly

watch me gat wetter than a NAVY SEAL!

MY FUCKING BAND
Old 03.28.2006, 09:24 PM   #33
chabib
Administrator

chabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asses
yeah. one of the guys in that video has his own custom frame building business in brooklyn. http://www.coastouttabrooklyn.com
Old 03.28.2006, 09:27 PM   #34
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
SKATEBOARDING! much cooler
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2006, 09:29 PM   #35
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Ah, no. Skateboarding has always been cooler than bike riding. That's just the way it is. Deal w/ it.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2006, 09:33 PM   #36
chabib
Administrator

watch some of this guy's alleycat race videos.
http://www.digave.com/videos/

monstertrack, rumble thru the bronx, drag race, etc. he's shot some great stuff.
Old 03.28.2006, 09:35 PM   #37
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
I love biking but not as much as walking, eccept for it being faster. Riding around here though sucks. Drivers have no respect for people on bikes.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2006, 09:40 PM   #38
raycharlescansee
little trouble girl

Has anyone seen "the Collective" DVD. It's more of a film than a bike video. They did a really great job. Check it out if you get a chance.

http://www.thecollectivefilm.com/
Old 03.28.2006, 09:56 PM   #39
chabib
Administrator

here's a good one:
http://www.petersutherland.net/Pedal.mov

here's the trailer for what's purported to be a black label doc, but is in fact, not quite:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...did=489 05898
Old 03.28.2006, 10:43 PM   #40
chabib
Administrator

did you see that girl get smashed by that cab???

jesus. apparently her bike was wrecked, but she got back up on a loaner bike and finished that race. *that* is badass.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth