Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What are you playing?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.28.2016, 08:36 PM   #5521
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I've yet still to play them.
I should really buy DS3 soon.
I think I'll do that tomorrow. but my friend is going to give me his copy of Bloodbourne....he doesn't even own a PS4....
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2016, 01:14 AM   #5522
vulva
the end of the ugly

vulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Yeah...how do you like it compared to SFIV? I think it's much better than SFIV, however still doesn't feel as responsive as older games. You planning Evo or any tournaments this year?
I'll be at EVO, SCR and likely Canada Cup. I'm moving to LA soon so that'll make things easier.

I think SFV is a much better game than SF4 at this point in its life. As it develops more, we'll see what happens (every game becomes stupid at one point or another because of ridiculous OSes being found which can really polarize people if they aren't willing to learn how to deal with them or learn how to take advantage themselves, I know we've talked about your disdain for 4's OSes while I hate the neutral game OSes from 3s).

The responsiveness you're not getting comes from something at a ground level in the game. The game has 8 frames of input lag, which is why sometimes a punish might be mistimed or you'll get counter hit when you thought your move was supposed to be active. As a comparison, most fighting games usually have 3-5 frames of input lag. This is particularly bad even comparing to the usual extreme of 5 frames. If you have a move that comes out in 3f and so do they, if you mistime your punish by an additional 3f since SFV has 3f more than most comparative games, you'll get beaten entirely.
For that same reason, it's why mashing lights during block strings and frame traps has been so effective. People are having troubles getting their own timing adjusted, so something mashable and low commitment becomes an even better option.

Anyways I think the game plays great itself. It definitely could use some tweaks here and there, and the state it was released in is pretty shameful all together, but I'm really liking it. I'm so bad at it though, I take a long time to learn fighting games so I'll need to really practice up before EVO.

I hope Ibuki makes it out on time to be EVO legal (speculation is that she's getting a slight delay to match the story mode dlc). If she is, I really want to learn her and use her in tournament possibly.
Old 06.02.2016, 01:16 PM   #5523
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
yeah that 8F of lag is some shit. I get it....to make online better...and stuff, but that really has me not taking it too seriously. I really dig the mechanics and at first I loved the animations too(Ryu's blocked sweep vs a connected sweep), but it all became apparent that Capcom rushed the fuck out of this game and I wish that wasn't the case, because this is truly a good street fighter. I love how it takes a bit from every Street Fighter. I don't want to take it too seriously since my heart is with 3s.
Old 06.02.2016, 01:17 PM   #5524
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

and I only play Ken because he's like 3s Ken.
Old 06.03.2016, 11:39 AM   #5525
vulva
the end of the ugly

vulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
yeah that 8F of lag is some shit. I get it....to make online better...and stuff, but that really has me not taking it too seriously. I really dig the mechanics and at first I loved the animations too(Ryu's blocked sweep vs a connected sweep), but it all became apparent that Capcom rushed the fuck out of this game and I wish that wasn't the case, because this is truly a good street fighter. I love how it takes a bit from every Street Fighter. I don't want to take it too seriously since my heart is with 3s.
8f thing is less to do with online and more to do with engine issues. If they fix that, then I'll have no real issues with the game. As it sits the game favours rushdown gameplay since reacting and playing defensively is much harder due to the input lag. I'm a traditionally defensive player, so this hurts me a lot and I've had to become more aggressive in my play. It's good that I'm trying a new approach, but I'd like a balance of both.
Old 06.03.2016, 12:20 PM   #5526
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Drive 2, free from xbox live gold last month. I love good racing games.
Old 06.06.2016, 02:49 AM   #5527
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
I played that for awhile actually. I think it's multiplayer experience is unique as hell, and highly underrated.

Right now though, believe the hype...Overwatch is quite solid. Really digging it.

Is it any good? I've been actually considering buying that lately.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2016, 03:09 PM   #5528
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Is it any good? I've been actually considering buying that lately.

I think Overwatch is phenomenal, actually.

I don't really have much to compare it to though, really. That might be why I am enjoying it so much. It really is a new game-style for me. I hear it compared to Team Fortress 2 a lot, so I suppose if you are familiar with that...

My take on it though, it does what Blizzard does well. It is basic enough for a person to be able to jump in and have some fun at the very "noob" level, but it also really is deep and rich enough to keep you constantly learning more, improving gameplay, and just keep diving deeper.

It is completely more team/objective based than your standard first-person shooter. So that may be a huge difference for some people. I have a decent little crew of work and gaming friends I play with, so I am rarely hopping on by myself and having to play with random people. The times I do, I do not get near the reward of playing with people I know and a crew that is starting to gel as a "squad." Working together is key to this game.

One of the best elements is that every one of the characters truly has their own unique flavor and playstyle. There really is a lot of variety when it comes to character selection and their kits.

I feel the maps and gamestyles are very well planned out. The chokepoints vs. open areas of the certain maps are very well designed for some intense game moments, and I have had many of those with this game already.

Bleh, I am really geeking out on this game currently, so I could ramble for hours. I will stop here with these few points.

- It is a total polar opposite of Last of Us multiplayer in it's pacing. It is very fast-paced and intense. It still has those same methodical and strategic elements that can get your heart racing though, especially with certain characters.
- Team based, team based, team based. This is not a solo-hero style game. Objectives have to be played on these maps, and it takes good team coordination to do so.
- Swapping characters mid-game is key. I think a lot of people get locked into " I am playing this char for this game." On-the-fly decision making and strategy is what really makes this game fun for me, and swapping chars mid game is a huge part of that. It is very paper-rock-scissors, and choosing the best counter for certain situations is a big part of that.

Some are complaining about the $60 price tag. It's worth every penny, in my opinion. And before I write a novel on it, let me know if you have any specific questions on any specific aspects of it. I can layout the pros and cons of certain elements in more detail if it helps you decide on purchasing or not.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2016, 07:57 PM   #5529
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
playing with yr mama's titay's.
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.07.2016, 10:10 AM   #5530
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
playing with yr mama's titay's.

And for which, Dad says, "Thanks!" You've really opened up his schedule for golfing, tending to the lawn, etc...
Old 06.07.2016, 10:28 AM   #5531
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Peterpuff, you nailed it. "It does what Blizzard does best." Bliz is able to take a genre that others might find intimidating and say to them "no, no, don't be shy. C'mon in. Welcome, Friend!"

I could never get into MTG, but I've spent hundreds of hours playing Hearthstone. Like, the first time I played it, I did so for 6 hrs. :0

I NEVER NEVER had any interest in MOBAs, but I've been obsessed w/ Heroes Of The Storm for a year now.

I have tried to get into TF2 more than once. Just doesn't click. But Overwatch is fantastic.
Old 06.08.2016, 03:59 PM   #5532
Peterpuff
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Peterpuff, you nailed it. "It does what Blizzard does best." Bliz is able to take a genre that others might find intimidating and say to them "no, no, don't be shy. C'mon in. Welcome, Friend!"

I could never get into MTG, but I've spent hundreds of hours playing Hearthstone. Like, the first time I played it, I did so for 6 hrs. :0

I NEVER NEVER had any interest in MOBAs, but I've been obsessed w/ Heroes Of The Storm for a year now.

I have tried to get into TF2 more than once. Just doesn't click. But Overwatch is fantastic.

Ha, my experience is pretty much identical. Did not get into MTG, but loved Hearthstone. Only really played it through the first Naxx expansion. After that, I just could not keep up the changes enough. Still a great game in that vein.

And same with HOTS. I tried LOL, felt overwhelmed, and the realized quickly how toxic the community was. Started with HOTS on release day, shelled out about $50 since then, and still love coming back to it time to time.

Never played a "team shooter" game until Overwatch, but love, love, love it.

I am not sure where exactly I heard this, some WOW Podcast or something, but they always would say Blizzard creates games that are, "easy to pick up, diffucult to master." So I can't really take credit for the idea. I always really loved the way they phrased it. Very much like the way you said it, they take away that intimidation of hopping into a new game genre really well. "no, no, don't be shy. C'mon in. Welcome, Friend!" fits perfectly. But then their games do have a depth and richness to them that really keeps you improving and enjoying the improvement.

(I have been accused of being a "Blizzard Fanboi" several times by friends if you can't tell, ha). But I stand by it. They do what they do quite well, and that has only increased more and more these past few years and releases.
Old 06.08.2016, 04:03 PM   #5533
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I hear you man.

I played the Naxx expansion too and really liked it. I quit Hearthstone some time last year, but started up again about a month ago cuz a friend kept bugging me. I basically had to re-learn the game haha. There's so many new cards. But it's fun and I just play casual anyway.

I did the same w/ HOTS - started from launch week and just kept at it. I stopped for about 3 months to take a break, but have been consistent since and the game is a year old now. I think I've spent like $20 only in real money - bought that "starter set" for a few Heroes back when. All others I have have come from just getting gold thru XP and daily quests.

I def need to spend more time w/ Overwatch cuz I think it's great but I've been distracted - first with Doom (4) and I've also been dabbling with Skyrim.
Old 06.08.2016, 07:20 PM   #5534
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
And for which, Dad says, "Thanks!" You've really opened up his schedule for golfing, tending to the lawn, etc...

I know, right?
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2016, 09:39 PM   #5535
vulva
the end of the ugly

Anything I should keep an eye out for while I'm at E3?
Old 06.09.2016, 10:37 PM   #5536
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulva
Anything I should keep an eye out for while I'm at E3?

you lucky bastard.

Um... Half-Life 3? haha!

I'm drawing a blank. I have the new Friday the 13th game pre-ordered. You should probably check out some VR stuff since you'll be in a setting conducive. I have a Razor HDK myself, though I've barely messed with it since it's a lot to deal with out of the box.
Old 06.09.2016, 11:09 PM   #5537
vulva
the end of the ugly

I tried Morpheus a year or two E3s back and didn't care for it. VR just doesn't interest me.

I'm not sure what else is coming out that looks interesting. Maybe KOF14?
Old 06.10.2016, 07:50 AM   #5538
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I honestly thought the KOF14 trailer looked kinda gross haha.

I heard that there will be a Resident Evil 7 announcement at E3. That probably doesn't interest you, but I'm a huge RE fan.
Old 06.10.2016, 08:47 AM   #5539
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

After RE5 I couldn't really play them anymore....doesn't feel like REsident Evil anymore....and KoF14 looks a bit nasty...but I'm still interested in it. I'm just curious to see how it feels.
Old 06.10.2016, 09:55 AM   #5540
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
I'm operating a backhoe today. Holy fuck, it's a ton of fun. Like a Terminator arm.

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
227267274275276 277 278279280 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth