Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page King Crimson
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.19.2006, 09:52 AM   #1
PunkerViolence
stalker

PunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's asses
I loved their early work....until they reached the 80s and it all went a bit new wave. Larks tounges, Islands, Court of the Crimson King, Wake of poseidon.....they will always be one of my many favorite bands....Any other fans?
PunkerViolence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 10:21 AM   #2
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
I've been quick to judge this group, but I'm willing to compromise. I'll definetly check out your favorites list of theirs. I just always think of Yes when I hear this group. I know Rick Wakeman was in Yes & played for King Crimson, so they can't be horrible.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 10:49 AM   #3
PunkerViolence
stalker

PunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's asses
Yes are nothin compared to King Crimson. I know i will probly get bashed for saying that....but KC are, in my opinion the greatest thing to come outta the 70's prog rock scene.
Old 04.19.2006, 10:56 AM   #4
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
crimson are amazing; in the court of the crimson king is one of the only perfect albums ever made. i love them.

and no comparison with yes, they sound pretty much nothing like each other. but crimson is one of the best bands ever

and while the 80's stuff is controversial, the 90's and beyond stuff is amazingly good!!! stuff like the construkction of light and thrakk, holy shit!!!!
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 10:57 AM   #5
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
I think the early years of Yes are the best, but that's my opinion.
Sorry for taking away from your thread.
-George Carlin
Old 04.19.2006, 11:12 AM   #6
PunkerViolence
stalker

Was lisening to Larks tounges in aspic part 2 last nite...early morning, while smoking a fatty....i got quite emotional, an involved with the music hehhe....Marleypumpkin, if u want a good start for KC - check larks tounges in aspic part II, or the whole album. Ill give a little list of kilar songs...

21st century schitzoid man
I talk to the wind
Ladies of the road
cadance + cascade
The Great Decever
Fallen angel
Islands
Starless
Cat food

i could go on...but not 2 overload you. I advise you get seriously stoned in a dark room and lisen for agges. Unlimited plesure, better than a blowjob.
Old 04.19.2006, 11:28 AM   #7
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

I will most certainly check this group out. & from what you're describing, it sounds like I'll like this group alot.
(meaning, if it's good music to blaze to, than I'll probably love it)
-George Carlin
Old 04.19.2006, 01:53 PM   #8
xpresswaytoyrskull
little trouble girl

xpresswaytoyrskull ain't too shabby
Starless & Bible Black is thier best work IMO
xpresswaytoyrskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth