Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.26.2012, 03:30 PM   #15961
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
And while I preferred The Avengers, I'd have to admit DKR was probably the better film all round.

no way. don't betray your instincts! you know avengers was better, batman was just more expensive.

this writer also picks avengers as the overall winner of the 3-way deathmatch w/ spidey

http://crushable.com/entertainment/what-was-the-best-superhero-movie-of-2012-the-avengers-the-dark-knight-rises-the-amazing-spider-man-857/

after this i gotta go see spiderman anyway
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2012, 12:35 AM   #15962
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
I love Takeshi Kitano, so I'm trying watch all his films he has directed/written.

Cross Zatoichi off that list. Maybe not the strongest Kitano film, but still a solid outing, it just didn't grab me like the rest of Kitano's films, he should stick to what he's good at, slice of life/yakuza set in current time, Kurosawa set the standard for samurai films, if one should want to do a samurai film it should really push the borders. All in all, love it and one cannot not help but bask in the glory of its 15 minute tap dance routine set in Edo era Japan, found at the end of film. Brilliant. lol
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2012, 09:13 AM   #15963
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
no way. don't betray your instincts! you know avengers was better, batman was just more expensive.

this writer also picks avengers as the overall winner of the 3-way deathmatch w/ spidey

http://crushable.com/entertainment/what-was-the-best-superhero-movie-of-2012-the-avengers-the-dark-knight-rises-the-amazing-spider-man-857/

after this i gotta go see spiderman anyway

I dunno, the more i think about DKR, the better I think it is. But I think Nolan and Whedon are such different directors that it only ends up coming down to personal preference. Avengers is brilliantly cool and fun , DKR is brilliantly clever and awesome.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2012, 09:37 AM   #15964
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
But I think Nolan and Whedon are such different directors that it only ends up coming down to personal preference.

ha haa haaa... yes! in the end i liked avengers more because i love whedon's snappy dialogue. but could i say it's "better"? dark night has a much deeper plot and character development, so.. yes, you're completely right.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2012, 07:13 PM   #15965
tripsk
bad moon rising

tripsk kicks all y'all's assestripsk kicks all y'all's assestripsk kicks all y'all's assestripsk kicks all y'all's assestripsk kicks all y'all's assestripsk kicks all y'all's assestripsk kicks all y'all's assestripsk kicks all y'all's assestripsk kicks all y'all's assestripsk kicks all y'all's assestripsk kicks all y'all's asses
I saw this sci-fi film called Monsters. It was pretty good. I've yet to see The Dark Knight Rises : (
tripsk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2012, 11:03 AM   #15966
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
The Dark Knight Rises still had its moments where it didn't take itself too seriously to the extent of coming off as a rigorous experience. If you take the magnitude of the sense of danger it evoked into consideration, it simply wouldn't work that well if it were as playful as The Avengers. I thought The Avengers was very cliched myself, and felt more like a gimmick, rather than something I could actually become invested in. I'll admit it's a decent film and I had fun the first time, but it isn't the kind of thing that would hold up for me.

I was fascinated by that Bane character. The first time a villain has overpowered the protagonist to this extent in a superhero film. He exemplified a great sense of where to hit... knowing the right places to attack to strike fear and pain into his targets. He nearly killed Batman, but decided not to only because he wanted his punishment to be "more severe". The whole Knightfall relation with him snapping Batman's back was cool too. I have to agree however about some parts in the beginning feeling a bit dry. I really enjoyed the scene with the little boy singing the national anthem while it was clear to the audience that a bunch of chaos would ensue... and there is a "playful" comment from Bane right before he pushes the button to make the entire field cave in, "what a lovely lovely voice!". The soundtrack was excellent as well, and I was delighted to see the return of the batcave.

Please keep the discourse going in my thread. You have a lot of good insights.

I was impressed and even a little unsettled by the Bane fight scene (pt. 1). You're right that it was a first. For once, our hero was not on control at all, and that made for a tense and even hard to watch viewing experience.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2012, 12:43 PM   #15967
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2012, 02:01 PM   #15968
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
oh and I admire Ghostchase's posts about Kitano. I wish I'd seen more of his films myself, I've only seen Dolls, Kikujiro (my favorite), and Fireworks. I've been meaning to check out A Scene at the Sea, Sonatine, and just about anything else he's done. I wouldn't refer to him as my personal favorite from what I've seen, but it is admittedly brilliant, all three of those that I mentioned.

Thanks! Kitano is such an amazing man. Sonatine is a perfect film, I like it just a little bit better than Hana-Bi (Fireworks). I haven't seen A Scene at the Sea but its on my watch list! I'd like recommend his most challenging, unique and strange endeavour in film, Takeshis. The story is wild trip into Kitano's mind of delusions and abstract dreams. Stars Kitano as himself and as Akihiro Miwa and blonde lookalike trying to make his way in the film industry. People in this world are are extremely downtrodden on this lookalike, and finally he's had his fill, violence, death, and lots of laughter ensues.

Recently been on a French film trip...

Amélie.
I know its nothing new or original to absolutely love this film. But I fucking love this film. Jean-Pierre Jeunet and Audery Tautou own my heart. Bought it on Blu-Ray for $5.99. *hugs*

Breathless
Somebody watched this film recently on here I think, well... Jean Seberg looks just jumped out at me, she was way ahead of her time, a look many talented actors and actresses in the 60's had, a certain charisma and fashion that just make the individual pop out from the picture and people around them. People like, Marcello Mastroianni in Fellini's 8½, and Monica Vitti in the Antonioni's films, these people were ahead of there time in the scope of being sexy and cool. Its a shame and disgusting to think that a wonderful woman like Jean Seberg was a target of FBI lies and illegal activities all stemming from her activities and support for the NAACP and various other civil rights groups, that probably lead to 'apparent' suicide. Fuck them.

La Haine
The end... with the closing scene I was like "Yep. This film is amazing". A great snapshot of slice of life in the everyday French ghetto circa the early 90's. Adventure through the streets of France of how to put a loaded .44 magnum to good use. Also awesome use of Beastie Boys tracks will always go a long ways in my books! Directed by Mathieu Kassovitz, who plays Amélie's long lost love! Just made that connection! I love finding links between great material... film, music, and art.
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2012, 03:25 PM   #15969
tripsk
bad moon rising

tripsk kicks all y'all's assestripsk kicks all y'all's assestripsk kicks all y'all's assestripsk kicks all y'all's assestripsk kicks all y'all's assestripsk kicks all y'all's assestripsk kicks all y'all's assestripsk kicks all y'all's assestripsk kicks all y'all's assestripsk kicks all y'all's assestripsk kicks all y'all's asses
Mulholland Drive with a friend. We didn't know what the fuck was going on so we just stopped watching and played video games.
Old 07.29.2012, 04:03 PM   #15970
tripsk
bad moon rising

Quote:
Mulholland Drive is one of my favorite movies of all time. It's one of Lynch's greatest efforts, just behind Eraserhead as my favorite work of his. It'll probably take a second viewing for you to develop an understanding of what it's all about. All Lynch really prefers is that his audience figures it all out themselves... not in a manipulative manner, but to experience it and conjure what it means to you. Not everything we consume has to make sense right away, or ever for that matter... Mulholland Drive is simply one of the greatest dreamlike films of all time. Naomi Watts gives my favorite performance from an actress, just brilliant.

And Ghostchase, thanks a lot for the recommendation. Your description sounds very intriguing without giving too much away. I'll look into it soon. Also if you're into French cinema, go after some of Robert Bresson's films, if you haven't already. Pickpocket is the one I always recommend

Oh? Well I'll give it a second try then. Thanks.
Old 07.29.2012, 05:38 PM   #15971
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
I just recently got "Blue Velvet" on blu. Ready to fall in love with it all over again.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2012, 07:20 AM   #15972
tripsk
bad moon rising

Watched Brick with a friend. I've seen it a lot, but I've been meaning to show it to him.
Old 08.02.2012, 02:16 PM   #15973
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Paul Metzger's old band TVBC did a great soundtrack for that film; got to see them perform it twice. They released it a few years back. Great film.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2012, 07:22 PM   #15974
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

The Bitter Tears of Petra Von Kant.

Even by Fassbinder's standards this is full on gayness. Paul Morrissey with a professional cast. It's basically a remake of All About Eve and there's a bit when Margit Carstensen tries to walk across the screen in an impossibly tight dress that I swear is one of my favourite moments in film ever. My cultural life would be so much more straightforward if I had a thing for cock.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2012, 11:17 PM   #15975
dale_gribble
100%

dale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's asses

dale_gribble is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2012, 08:41 AM   #15976
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Ken Park

Lots of penis. Majority of penises are erect.

Much better than KIDS.

Leaves one with that warm, special, "What the fuck did I just watch?" feeling.

Has anyone else seen it? Or was it all a dream?
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2012, 08:47 AM   #15977
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Looking forward to the boxset release of season two of The Walking Dead.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2012, 10:13 PM   #15978
HenryHill51
little trouble girl

HenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Ken Park

Lots of penis. Majority of penises are erect.

Much better than KIDS.

Leaves one with that warm, special, "What the fuck did I just watch?" feeling.

Has anyone else seen it? Or was it all a dream?

Unfortunately, I've seen it. I do respect the seismic cultural change that Larry Clark's film "kids" had on cinema, but I just don't like his work. "ken park" is more of the same.... white kid suburban anomie with shock cuts and little sympathy for anyone. And yes, with the erect cocks and minor-on-milf-sex, it's no surprise this film will probably never see the light of day outside of bootleg versions.
HenryHill51 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2012, 07:19 AM   #15979
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2012, 12:20 PM   #15980
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
699749789796797798 799 800801802809849899 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth