Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Lee s "All the stars in the sky"
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.17.2008, 05:13 PM   #1
al shabbray

there is a track called Hamburg, its the last one on side A I think. does anybody know where the name came from? would really like to know if it got something to do with the murray street gig in 2002 in Hamburg (Kool thing (Merzbow)) if somebody remembers.

and my second question is, will there any difference between the ones who will be sold at those exhibitions than the ones on kung fu nation?
or are ther ein geeneral limited to 150 PLUS the ones on the exhibition?

thanks for helping out, it really interests me a lot!
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2008, 10:38 AM   #2
al shabbray

anybody should know that....
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2008, 03:41 PM   #3
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Good use of double parentheses.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2008, 03:49 PM   #4
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by al shabbray
will there any difference between the ones who will be sold at those exhibitions than the ones on kung fu nation?
or are ther ein geeneral limited to 150 PLUS the ones on the exhibition?

Yes, there is a difference. There is a numbered edition of 60 available at the museum with an illustration by Zeger Reyers on the front cover, plus there is an edition of 150, which are available from Kung Fu Nation, which has a plain brown front cover. The back cover of both is the same, with rubber stamped titles. The edition from the museum costs A LOT more, but is, according to the museum website, sold out.

Musically, there is no difference at all.

As far as the Hamburg question goes, I haven't a clue.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2008, 04:46 PM   #5
al shabbray

thanks for that.
but there is something mentioned about some copies which will be sold in germany, which is where I live, and because of that I am thinking about catchin it there...

and about hamburg, that was the part which interests me more...
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2008, 03:56 PM   #6
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
The Germany sold ones are probably the very expensive ones that have sold out.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.29.2008, 05:00 PM   #7
al shabbray

damn I found a site where they have sold them in germany. too bad my paypal account is dead, so I cant order at kung fu nation. that sucks!
btw does anybody has a clue bout the "hamburg" track now?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2008, 03:00 AM   #8
guitarpro
100%

guitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's asses
Sounds fucking cool I love Lee's solo stuff.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth