Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Tell us about something that you've learnt/discovered today
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.14.2008, 05:59 PM   #41
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by █████████
well rob, atheism is just as nonsense as theism.

they are both empirically wrong, there's no proof of existence or inexistence of gods.

also,
atheistic extremism is just as bad and idiotic as theistic extremism.

i hope you learn at least that last part.

That's why I'm an agnostic.
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2008, 06:35 PM   #42
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
you nor anyone has to prove something does NOT exist. that is logically faulty.

all it takes is one instance to prove something does exist, and that instance is nowhere to be found for jahweh
Old 05.14.2008, 06:36 PM   #43
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
I discovered I like cherry pepsi.
Old 05.14.2008, 06:38 PM   #44
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
That when you give even the smallest amount of power to certain people, they become complete and utter pricks.

Always knew it, but having experienced it today I was surprised at just how true the cliche could be.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2008, 06:38 PM   #45
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i meant it about the black mission figs bit-- i love figs, they are a great snack, make you happy, and this variety costs in the u.s. 1/2 of what you'd pay for calimyrna or turkish figs, and they are softer, & as yummy as their pricier counterparts. food is serious business!
Cut them in half, fill with goat cheese and put a pecan on it. You won't be sorry.
girlgun is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2008, 06:47 PM   #46
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Always knew it, but having experienced it today I was surprised at just how true the cliche could be.
it's even funnier when they sing about it.

ah no go switch! [fuck that shit, man]
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2008, 07:01 PM   #47
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevOK
That's why I'm an agnostic.
good for you.

i'm agnostic about agnosticism,
that's why i'm a realist.
█████████ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2008, 07:11 PM   #48
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
you nor anyone has to prove something does NOT exist. that is logically faulty.
haha, what? and how is that logically faulty?

all it takes is one instance to prove something does exist, and that instance is nowhere to be found for jahweh[/quote]
thing is rob, you cant prove that that proof will never be found.
Old 05.14.2008, 07:11 PM   #49
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I also discovered that the Stallone film Cobra is actually far shitter than I remembered.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2008, 03:38 AM   #50
sarramkrop

Quote:
well rob, atheism is just as nonsense as theism.

they are both empirically wrong, there's no proof of existence or inexistence of gods.

also,
atheistic extremism is just as bad and idiotic as theistic extremism.

i hope you learn at least that last part.

Actually, I've learnt that statements like that are a lot of gibberish a long time ago, not today.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2008, 06:13 AM   #51
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
I discovered that the English essay I have to write on Tuesday won't be as difficult as first thought.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2008, 07:35 AM   #52
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Actually, I've learnt that statements like that are a lot of gibberish a long time ago, not today.
ok.

if people want to believe in tooth fairies and they cause no harm to others for that, why can't they?

is atheism going to stop people from killing, raping, etc. etc. ?

i dont think so.
Old 05.15.2008, 07:40 AM   #53
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
not today specifically
recently i have realised that i've got some pretty serious issues. i'll leave it at that.
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2008, 07:43 AM   #54
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgun
Cut them in half, fill with goat cheese and put a pecan on it. You won't be sorry.
mmmm... sounds good, thanks.

what i do similar: i stuff medjool dates with pecans-- this is superior in taste and quality to pecan pie. all the flavors in the date surpass the corn syrup sludge of pecan pie, and it's fresh and good and just plain awesome.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2008, 07:55 AM   #55
sarramkrop

Quote:
ok.

if people want to believe in tooth fairies and they cause no harm to others for that, why can't they?

i dont think so.

People don't become atheists because they think that it's going to stop killings etc, so no, it won't stop that. Duh!
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2008, 07:59 AM   #56
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
ok.

it possibly could

in the baghavad-gita, arjuna is going to war against his cousins, so he starts getting cold feet. then krishna say to him that as a warrior & king it's his job to kill people, so he should do it, and not worry about it because there's no way to kill the immortal soul anyway.

so yes, the belief in the afterlife and some protective deity opens up the door to all manner of irresponsible and deluded behavior.

we're here, we're now, there's no other place, let's stop pretending we can shit all over and then go to heaven.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2008, 08:03 AM   #57
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
People don't become atheists because they think that it's going to stop killings etc, so no, it won't stop that. Duh!
well, some of them think religions should be abolished because of that.

if it's point taken neither theism or atheism change a thing, why is it relevant, porky?
Old 05.15.2008, 08:06 AM   #58
sarramkrop

Quote:
it possibly could

in the baghavad-gita, arjuna is going to war against his cousins, so he starts getting cold feet. then krishna say to him that as a warrior & king it's his job to kill people, so he should do it, and not worry about it because there's no way to kill the immortal soul anyway.

so yes, the belief in the afterlife and some protective deity opens up the door to all manner of irresponsible and deluded behavior.

we're here, we're now, there's no other place, let's stop pretending we can shit all over and then go to heaven.

I avoided posting something similar to that 'cause it generally turns a thread that was started jovially into the sort of diatribe that I haven't got too much time for on the internet and makes little difference to my life in general.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2008, 08:07 AM   #59
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
it possibly could

people kill for playstations.
Old 05.15.2008, 08:07 AM   #60
sarramkrop

Quote:
well, some of them think religions should be abolished because of that.

if it's point taken neither theism or atheism change a thing, why is it relevant, porky?

Who knows? Disaters, maybe.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth