Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page why don't you jews look at your own genocides and humantraffic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.10.2014, 03:43 PM   #101
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
I'll have one Dumb Chai Tea Latte, one Dumb Cafe Latte, and one Dumb Caramel Frappucino.

You want to know my name for this order? Sure. It's Henry Rollins.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Fucking SHIT! I read Henry Rollins column in LA Weekly all the time, and I can't but wonder why the fuck does he like Starbucks so much? Its like, what is the word....

irony?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2014, 03:55 PM   #102
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Fucking SHIT! I read Henry Rollins column in LA Weekly all the time, and I can't but wonder why the fuck does he like Starbucks so much? Its like, what is the word....

irony?

Whoah, you mean Hank actually likes Starbucks? That's hilarious! I always had him down grinding his own beans and stuff, and not buying generic, taste-free "coffee".

Time for a Rollins coffee-themed tune, methinks: http://youtu.be/DeKcbiqm3lA
Old 02.10.2014, 03:56 PM   #103
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
the problem is that someone inevitably does respond to gast and even if they dont, he will ruin every thread he shows up in by endlessly ranting and harrassing other users. your post sounds like a bit of a cop out, as if you are too afraid to offend anyone. please just delete the troll! he doesnt make it a pleasant environment for the rest of us to talk in, and his anti gay/woman/semite rhetoric is just not acceptable.

This.

I reported the original post. Part of the idea of a community is that it can define itself, make itself welcome to non-regulars. It can be self-regulating, by ignoring twats (I did this with most folk here, until I just stopped posting regularly) or not rising to the bait. Sometimes, autonomous, self-regulating communities can become soured by shouty pricks or voices getting too loud/ present. There's a lot of talk of 'manarchy' in some places I frequent at the moment. It's all well and good clinging to self-regulation to the end of self-expression but there are times - few - where something is just a waste of time. Banning an individual won't make the individual go away from life but it will make the outward appearance of the community more welcoming. By which I mean, no-one posts here any more and if there's something which is entirely, unapologetically beyond the pale in the middle of their eyeballs the forum will just wither and dry up.

Some moderator regulation is not a big deal IF the regulation involves removing elements that absolutely no-one would bother to defend. This isn't kristallnacht, it is not a crisis of ethics to remove someone who, even if the context were a solitary post, has said something so breathlessly offensive that it's indefensible by anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2014, 03:58 PM   #104
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I thought you knew! Yeah, he talks about Starbucks being his favorite place all the damned time, practically every week in his column. He goes there to read or work and spends hours at a time. I always think its lame, like Rollins, dude, you're fucking H-E-N-R-Y-F-U-C-K-I-N-G-R-O-L-L-I-N-S!!! What the fuck are you even doing in Starbucks let alone not destroying it? Can't he find a non-corporate hellhole to get coffee? Besides, their coffee fucking sucks, it always either (a) burnt or (b) stale or even worse, (c) both.

Old 02.10.2014, 03:59 PM   #105
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
This.

I reported the original post. Part of the idea of a community is that it can define itself, make itself welcome to non-regulars. It can be self-regulating, by ignoring twats (I did this with most folk here, until I just stopped posting regularly) or not rising to the bait. Sometimes, autonomous, self-regulating communities can become soured by shouty pricks or voices getting too loud/ present. There's a lot of talk of 'manarchy' in some places I frequent at the moment. It's all well and good clinging to self-regulation to the end of self-expression but there are times - few - where something is just a waste of time. Banning an individual won't make the individual go away from life but it will make the outward appearance of the community more welcoming. By which I mean, no-one posts here any more and if there's something which is entirely, unapologetically beyond the pale in the middle of their eyeballs the forum will just wither and dry up.

Some moderator regulation is not a big deal IF the regulation involves removing elements that absolutely no-one would bother to defend. This isn't kristallnacht, it is not a crisis of ethics to remove someone who, even if the context were a solitary post, has said something so breathlessly offensive that it's indefensible by anyone.

Stop bitching. The guy is annoying, but nobody honestly takes any of it serious, and if gast is the only reason you stopped posting here, than I should send that motherfucker some flowers yo

Old 02.10.2014, 04:02 PM   #106
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I thought you knew! Yeah, he talks about Starbucks being his favorite place all the damned time, practically every week in his column. He goes there to read or work and spends hours at a time. I always think its lame, like Rollins, dude, you're fucking H-E-N-R-Y-F-U-C-K-I-N-G-R-O-L-L-I-N-S!!! What the fuck are you even doing in Starbucks let alone not destroying it? Can't he find a non-corporate hellhole to get coffee? Besides, their coffee fucking sucks, it always either (a) burnt or (b) stale or even worse, (c) both.

I wonder if Greg Ginn likes Starbucks as well!
Old 02.10.2014, 04:29 PM   #107
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Stop bitching. The guy is annoying, but nobody honestly takes any of it serious, and if gast is the only reason you stopped posting here, than I should send that motherfucker some flowers yo

The reason I stopped posting falls between having better things to do and losing the self-hatred necessary to put up with the insidious sexism.

Probably a good idea to differentiate between 'bitching' and 'condescending to try and talk to you fuckwits like you might listen'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2014, 04:43 PM   #108
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2014, 04:57 PM   #109
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
The reason I stopped posting falls between having better things to do and losing the self-hatred necessary to put up with the insidious sexism.

Probably a good idea to differentiate between 'bitching' and 'condescending to try and talk to you fuckwits like you might listen'.
All I heard was a bunch of hubris, but I also agree more or less.

I'm just trolling you Glicey, that's what we do here now.

Old 02.10.2014, 05:23 PM   #110
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Well, at least we should all agree that this particular thread was started to offend a specific poster. That's the impression I got.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2014, 06:06 PM   #111
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I used to think that calls for a ban were spurred on by the weakminded. I feel that in the spirit of this board, moderation is a poor choice when there are already individual tools at hand to solve any irritant.

although I still believe that, despite how reprehensible he's become, banning gast is a wrong idea, I'm now starting to wonder if the difference in how to deal with him is cultural.

I think it's safe to say that any and all of us have made posts that someone out there would consider ban-worthy, and surely each of us is on someone's ignore list (I'm looking at you glice), but has there ever been a time where you felt that your words should be controlled by the general consensus or some GODLIKE MODFIGURE, like stu666 and whoever that guy was....

I don't.

fuck me, I'm with the Ras on this one.

hold my hand, suchfriends, we can get through this together.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2014, 06:24 PM   #112
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
The only people who should have the last word when it comes to banning a poster are the members of Sonic Youth because it's their forum.
Old 02.10.2014, 06:38 PM   #113
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Hi again. I should point out that we only received one "report" about this thread, from Glice. dead_battery is also being vocal in this thread, so that's two people. An equal amount of people are against banning gast in this thread, so I guess this is where we all exercise our individual responsibility to ignore things we don't like on the internet. I still can't fathom how this has reached 6 pages!
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2014, 06:39 PM   #114
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
The only people who should have the last word when it comes to banning a poster are the members of Sonic Youth because it's their forum.

That seems reasonable
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2014, 07:11 PM   #115
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
somebody call Kim. we got ourselves a predicament.
Old 02.10.2014, 07:25 PM   #116
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
I still can't fathom how this has reached 6 pages!

I see you really weren't kidding about only reading the Sonic Youth forums on not the non-sonic/non-sonic sounds threads. Its up to 4 pages because we're trolling the shit out of it hoping it either discourages gast from continuing or at the least, we can have some fun about it.

Old 02.10.2014, 07:27 PM   #117
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
That seems reasonable
if they can take they all the insults we throw at them, it shouldn't be too difficult to understand that all the posters who populate the forum need to follow suit or leave.
Old 02.10.2014, 07:29 PM   #118
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly

fuck me, I'm with the Ras on this one.

hold my hand, suchfriends, we can get through this together.

We got this yo.

Old 02.10.2014, 07:39 PM   #119
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

ooh....can I be the black hand? or have you got that taken already???
Old 02.10.2014, 07:44 PM   #120
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

gast30 is a dinosaur jr-less king buzzo.

a
boywithout
his guitar
pedals
is only a
boy

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth