Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page europeans!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.09.2007, 09:17 AM   #1
nickybones
empty page

nickybones is a name known to allnickybones is a name known to allnickybones is a name known to allnickybones is a name known to allnickybones is a name known to allnickybones is a name known to all
hi...just looking for some help for those of who who live in paris, brussels or amsterdam. the wife and i are leaving tonight for a 10-day excursion across the pond and just wanted to know if there were any cool places we should hit in those cities. (outside of the obvious touristy stuff, which we will hit, too.) you know, like record stores, clubs, bars, etc etc...any help would be appreciated. thanks!
nickybones is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2007, 09:27 AM   #2
nickybones
empty page

nickybones is a name known to allnickybones is a name known to allnickybones is a name known to allnickybones is a name known to allnickybones is a name known to allnickybones is a name known to all
ha! seriously? hey, whatever works. we'll only be there one day/night, so i guess that's good.
nickybones is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2007, 09:34 AM   #3
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickybones
ha! seriously? hey, whatever works. we'll only be there one day/night, so i guess that's good.

Yeah, it was after a sonic youth show.
First, we didn't notice in what kind of complex we were in but then.... oh well

edit: They had a damn good salad, too.
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2007, 09:52 AM   #4
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Here's a thread with info about Amsterdam.

http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...ings+Amsterdam

Have fun and watch out for pickpockets.
Old 08.09.2007, 11:13 AM   #5
lalie
bad moon rising

lalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asses
In Paris, stop on the nice tiny E.Goudeau square in Montmartre, seat on a bench and kiss your wife. Voilą!

lalie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2007, 02:41 PM   #6
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Can't think of much current happenings in Amsterdam, but that thread Tokolosh linked should have some useful tips. As far as gigs are concerned, I hope you're not a Liars fan because they're playing at a radio studio on the 15th where you can go for free, but you had to sign in for that and it's fully booked now.
Six Organs of Admittance are playing on the 12th in Paradiso; it's a Sunday afternoon gig.

In Brussels you have to see Grand Place of course, also go eat some waffles. The best record shops I found were Harlequin (just round the corner from Manneken Pis; mostly second hand stuff) and Le Bonheur, in the centre with more underground stuff.
http://www.lebonheur.net

There were also a bunch of record shops on the Anspach (a big road/street in the centre) that had some nice vinyl, but I found them a bit expensive.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2007, 05:06 PM   #7
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
Amsterdam- Very great rare record store right across the street from the legendary church-turned-into-club Paradiso.

If you're interested in guitars and instruments, stop by Dirk Witte or De Plug.

Brussels- There's a really good record/cd store in the centre, its close to the McDonalds which is close to the Pizza Hut which is not far away from the main square. (dont know if this means much, but i've only been there once) the stores calles The Collector, me thinks.
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth