Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page What songs do ya wanna see SY play this summer?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.03.2006, 04:36 PM   #1
guitarpro
100%

guitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's asses
I'd like to see

Tom Violence
Inhuman
Teenage Riot
100%
Death Valley 69
White Cross
Mote
Bull In The Heather
Sugar Kane
The Diamond Sea
Hoarfrost
Radical Adults
Shadow Of A Doubt
Old 04.03.2006, 04:39 PM   #2
AllHandsOnTheBigOne
children of satan

AllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's asses
I've seen them 3 times, and they've played "Schizophrenia" and "Bull in the Heather" all 3 times. I love the songs, but want to hear something different. I wanna hear some early shit; "Death Valley '69", "Brother James", "The Burning Spear", etc. Although I seriously doubt they'd play any of those songs.
Old 04.03.2006, 05:09 PM   #3
FruitLoop
children of satan

FruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard sucka
Cool, I saw them twice, and the only songs they played both times were Empty Page, Bull in the Heather and Kool Thing. Even the Lee songs were different both times (skip tracer and mote).

But for the next tour.... what about The Diamond Sea? I can just imagine the reaction of the crowd!
FruitLoop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 05:18 PM   #4
satirejohn
bad moon rising

satirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's assessatirejohn kicks all y'all's asses
If they came to denmark and played stuff like this:
Tom Violence, Shadow of a Doubt, Schizophrenia, I Love Her All the Time, Shaking Hell (yeah!!), Protect Me/You, Brave Men Run, The Sprawl, 'Cross the Breeze, The Diamond Sea, Brother James, Burning Spear, etc, etc, etc

that wouldn't be too bad haha
satirejohn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 05:18 PM   #5
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
defiantly some earlier stuff like kill yr idols, inhuman, death valley 69 etc.

but its doubtful they'll do that
Old 04.03.2006, 05:37 PM   #6
funhouse
little trouble girl

funhouse ain't too shabbyfunhouse ain't too shabby
i woulf love to see them play expressway to yr skull, swimsuit issue, star power, tom violence. it would be my first time seeing them so i would be happy with naything
funhouse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 05:56 PM   #7
DoubleNickels
bad moon rising

DoubleNickels ain't too shabby
Yeah, I wanna see them play more pre-Dirty stuff. Like maybe "Confusion is Next" or like "Shaking Hell" or "Green Light".
Old 04.03.2006, 05:57 PM   #8
John Violence
the end of the ugly

John Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's asses
Last time I saw them they were supposed to play Brother James but they went past their time and couldn't do it. I really want to hear Brother James, Diamond Sea, 'Cross the Breeze, Teenage Riot, The Sprawl, Titanium Expose, Dirty Boots and Saucer Like live. They probably will only put Teenage Riot and Brother James on their set. They usually play the majority of the new stuff.
John Violence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 06:18 PM   #9
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
out of al the times i have seen them, the only set staple i haven't seen is kool thing, but with jim gone, will kim want to play it anymore, since she can't dance

that and any other wm(other then skip tracer), atl, and nycg&f material
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 06:33 PM   #10
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
Its not as rare as you think to see DV'69 or Inhuman check out C. Lawrence's concert chrono.
silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 06:43 PM   #11
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
Id like to see "I Dreamed I Dream" or "Burning Spear" from the EP.
It would be cool to see the resurrect some of their other early 90s and 80s material. I think the coolest would be if Lee did Rain King, but obviously Im not holding my breath.

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 06:48 PM   #12
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
The Diamond Sea (I could die right after the concert, but as long as that's played, I'd be fine.)
Inhuman
I Dreamed I Dream
Burning Spear
On The Strip
Sweet Shine
No Queen Blues
'Cross The Breeze
In The Kingdom #19
Shadow Of A Doubt
Hey Joni
100%

and just because it'd kick ass, Into The Groovey.
Old 04.03.2006, 07:02 PM   #13
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
I would love to hear
Intro/Brave Men Run

I think that would give me the chills
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 07:22 PM   #14
badgercorn
bad moon rising

badgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's asses
They sometimes throw in a more unexpected song.. Something off Bad Moon Rising ot A Thousand Leaves would be good, as during the tour for the last album they played something off every (proper)album apart from those. Didn't they?
badgercorn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 07:28 PM   #15
nancykitten
children of satan

nancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's asses
Cross.
The
Breeze.

A 30 minute version each night.

nancykitten is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 07:31 PM   #16
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
Date: Saturday, October 14th, 1995
City: Athens, Georgia, USA
Venue: Legion Field

SET LIST
Tom Violence
White Kross
Brother James
Eric's Trip
Washing Machine
Junkie's Promise
Becuz
Candle
Bull in the Heather
Starfield Road
Saucer-Like
Diamond Sea
--
Skink
Schizophrenia

This was a fun show I went to back in the day. It was h.school homecoming night in Athens and a bunch of kids were wearing prom dresses and suits with ties. A frat contingent too which wasn't a bad thing and me and my h. school friends from a small town miles away. I even remember some weirdo wearing helmets and dancing around. It was wild I tell you wild. I have some photo's from this show and they are so aweful and beautiful.
It was an outdoor show on this little stage in a field on campus. For stage props there were these white hanging globes with light bouncing off them. Jus' wild.
silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 07:48 PM   #17
duderanchnurse
bad moon rising

duderanchnurse kicks all y'all's assesduderanchnurse kicks all y'all's assesduderanchnurse kicks all y'all's assesduderanchnurse kicks all y'all's assesduderanchnurse kicks all y'all's assesduderanchnurse kicks all y'all's assesduderanchnurse kicks all y'all's assesduderanchnurse kicks all y'all's assesduderanchnurse kicks all y'all's assesduderanchnurse kicks all y'all's assesduderanchnurse kicks all y'all's asses
Reena
Incinerate
Do You Believe in Rapture?
Sleepin' Around
What a Waste
Jams Run Free
Rats
Turquoise Boy
Lights Out
The Neutral
Pink Steam
Or

www.myspace.com/wearesleeptalker
duderanchnurse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 07:48 PM   #18
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
I don't care what other songs they play, but I would die if they played a 15 minute Expressway at the end and for the encore played a 2 and a half hour version of The Diamond Sea.

maybe not that long....
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 08:19 PM   #19
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Incinerate
Or
Do you believe in Rapture?
Unmade Bed
Becuz
Inhuman
Improvision Ajoutee
Short Diamond Sea
Androgynous Mind
Sweet Shine
Dirty Boots
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 08:19 PM   #20
rocky
bad moon rising

rocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's asses
i wonder if they will sweep the dust off of anything,
Dirty Boots, Hey Joni, Washing Machine, Society is A Hole,
are among the songs that come to my mind for this circumstance.

i haven't seen Sugar Kane or Silver Rocket live yet either, and they are "in rotation" normally, so i'm hopeful for those too

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth