Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page sy and zorn south bank dvd
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.02.2006, 09:03 AM   #1
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=89651
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2006, 06:52 PM   #2
doctor dan
bad moon rising

doctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's asses
yr a star, ive been wanting to see that for ages! download faster!!!
Old 04.03.2006, 02:28 PM   #3
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
SWEET!
Thanks!! (I don't really know how to thanks enough). I'll keep seeding as well for good of comunity. I've just started to dl. it. Yes, yes, yes!

Torrent #89651 John Zorn and Sonic Youth, The South Bank Show, 1989
Torrent fileSouthBankShow_19890312.torrent (will be personalized for you upon download)Downloads asSouthBankShow_19890312Info hash68a68298f86b66dd3e8e1e8cfaced814433de46cDescri ption"Put The Blood In The Music"
Directed by Charles Atlas. Aired in the UK on The South Bank Show, 12th March 1989.
53 minutes. PAL.
Documentary on the New York experimental scene focusing on John Zorn and Sonic Youth. I've seen references to a 75 minute version that also features performances from The Ambitious Lovers and Hugo Largo, neither of which feature in this version. John Zorn talks about the gestation of "Spillane" and is seen performing at a rehearsal space and at the Knitting Factory with Spy Vs. Spy. Sonic Youth perform in a rehearsal space and in an industrial building of some kind, and are interviewed/filmed in various New York locations. They discuss the NY experimental music scene with John Cale, and goof around a lot. Both artists are commented on by various NY contemporaries, including Lydia Lunch, Glenn Branca, Ikue Mori, and Christian Marclay.
PAL VHS(1) -> Panasonic DMR-ES10 -> DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 -> TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6.34.89 (edit out leading and trailing frames & commercial break, add chapter breaks & menu)
Haven't seen this circulated much since broadcast. A mpeg of just the Sonic Youth part of the show turns up now and again on other torrent sites. It is an excellent doc, a real nice snap-shot of the scene at that time. Highlights: Zorn's record collection, obviously; Cale with Sonic, two generations of NY noise shooting the breeze; Steve Shelley in a record shop giving props to Half Japanese - "their time will come", says the record shop owner. Well, we're still waiting.
Image quality is excellent. My VHS was dubbed from the master. It has some of that VHS graininess but there are no flaws or artefacts. Here's a couple of screenshots: http://www.pcoward.co.uk/tmp/sbs1.jpg & http://www.pcoward.co.uk/tmp/sbs2.jpg
My ADSL creaks a bit when seeding real big torrents like this one. Be patient, I'm on 24/7, you will get the DVD soon enough. And please help us all out by continuing to seed after completion. Other than the usual reasons of basic courtesy and sense of community, my PC will be switched off for the week commencing 10th April, so I won't be able to seed during that time.
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth