Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.24.2015, 03:54 AM   #7181
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Cuba sucks that game isn't important.. the Jamaican loss was indeed stupid mistakes and if it qere really just one bad game itd be no big deal..

But this is part of pattern. Now i agree with !@#$! if Klinsmann stops all the tinkering then they can finally build on improvements.. THAT is precisely what i meant by identity

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2015, 11:18 AM   #7182
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I didn't see the Cuba game or the Jamaica one so fair enough in terms of what you say about how they played in those, and in seeing an overall improvement. I obviously can't comment there. Thing is the few games I have seen, some I've really enjoyed some I haven't, but they've all felt like experiments. And as you say in terms of Costa Rica, national teams benefit from cohesion, especially when they lack great individual talents.

to my eyes this is all that's missing at this point. though central defense is weak--alvarado the weakest link this time around-- that can be fixed with a substitution. he left out matt besler and geoff cameron to give this 22 year old a try. maybe he got cocky thinking winning this was going to be easy and he could toy around.

but it's not that they don't defend-- they defend well thoughout the pitch-- they press high and don't wait in the back. that's a lot of progress for this team who used to only defend by sitting back and rely on keeper miracles.

but these two goals were just fuckups. read the guardian's live blog of it, it's pretty good, including their recognition of jamaica's stength, which alexi lalas missed. it's not 1990, alexi...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...a-jamaica-live

and guzan, yeah, hm... howard is ready to return

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Cuba sucks that game isn't important.. the Jamaican loss was indeed stupid mistakes and if it qere really just one bad game itd be no big deal..

But this is part of pattern. Now i agree with !@#$! if Klinsmann stops all the tinkering then they can finally build on improvements.. THAT is precisely what i meant by identity

right... let's keep the definitions tight and avoid confusion and semantic overlap though. all klinsmann needs at this point is to consolidate his roster. a stable team that practices together more.

well, too late for that actually-- world cup is 3 years away and a lot will happen. he needed a consistent team *for this tournament*. world cup will be different. so experimentation will need to happen again, ha ha ha.

oh, now they're trying to make a big deal out of the confederations cup-- so okay, get ready for that, and try for that, with one core team and substitutes that practice consistenly. then hel have 2 more years for wildcards.

the list of recent callups is massive. these are teh people who did not make it into the knockout round squad-- the current squad is listed above.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...ent_ call-ups

plus one with howard who hasnt played in the last 12 months but is officially lurking

now compare that to the recent german callups lololol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German...ecent_call-ups

(they're resting some starters and playing some experiments... but they're all well-known players)

i understand klinsi's desire to cast a wide net and mine new talent but to win you need focus.

bufo alvarius amen.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2015, 11:41 AM   #7183
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

It's getting to the point where every American is gonna know someone who's played in the USMNT's midfield. It's bordering on national service. You and Suchfriends need to be careful you aren't hijacked by one of Jurgen's henchman and forced to play 90 minutes in the hole. Well maybe suchfriends, as it seems Klinsmann isn't too fond of latinos.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2015, 12:33 PM   #7184
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
It's getting to the point where every American is gonna know someone who's played in the USMNT's midfield. It's bordering on national service. You and Suchfriends need to be careful you aren't hijacked by one of Jurgen's henchman and forced to play 90 minutes in the hole. Well maybe suchfriends, as it seems Klinsmann isn't too fond of latinos.

eh?

ventura alvarado, jaime bedoya, nick rimando, joe corona, just from that latest squad, not latino enough for you?

as for recent callups: garza, sorto, morales, ibarra, gil, serna, flores, agudelo, another morales... pretty much the whole phonebook.

fuckit, i'm playin'! i'll have my 90 minutes of shame or glory (most likely infinite shame but hey--i can drink enough to forget)
Old 07.24.2015, 01:22 PM   #7185
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
eh?

ventura alvarado, jaime bedoya, nick rimando, joe corona, just from that latest squad, not latino enough for you?

as for recent callups: garza, sorto, morales, ibarra, gil, serna, flores, agudelo, another morales... pretty much the whole phonebook.

Point taken but while Klinsmann's busy re-nationalising Germans I bet he could get a cracking starting 11 just hanging around for an afternoon outside a Taco Bell in El Paso.

Also, good article about the Jamaica game and Klinsmann's reign so far ... and no mention of the dreaded 'i' word.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...eat-to-jamaica
Old 07.24.2015, 01:29 PM   #7186
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Point taken but while Klinsmann's busy re-nationalising Germans I bet he could get a cracking starting 11 just hanging around for an afternoon outside a Taco Bell in El Paso.

taco bell? wassrongwifyoo? all he's gonna catch there is a bunch of gringo stoners. good only for playing hacky-sack maybe.

and south americans aren't taco eaters (except in bed). to find them, he'll have to go to miami.

come on inglés... too much stereotype...

Old 07.24.2015, 01:43 PM   #7187
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Also, good article about the Jamaica game and Klinsmann's reign so far ... and no mention of the dreaded 'i' word.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...eat-to-jamaica

yes, thank fuck.

good read, that one. i don't agree that it's time for comparisons yet vs. coach bob. klinsmann has a long term plan, coach bob had a grim dead end. so apples/oranges. yes, fans get impatient no doubt, but he's got a 2018 contract, so... i don't think he'll bow to public pressure.

but yes time to fucking consolidate. he probably didn't read fichte in baker school. the "i" must expand but then it contracts back.

agree with all the rest except for the guzan bit.... he needs to go on a diet. the jamaica/conmebol i've been saying here-- they were grossly underestimated. #1 epic error in futbol is underestimating the opponent. there's more than one maracanazo.
Old 07.24.2015, 01:53 PM   #7188
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I can never tell with Guzan. He plays with a terrible defence at Aston Villa. They let goals in for fun, but I never know how much of it's his fault or the guys in front of him.
Old 07.24.2015, 01:57 PM   #7189
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I can never tell with Guzan. He plays with a terrible defence at Aston Villa. They let goals in for fun, but I never know how much of it's his fault or the guys in front of him.

in this case i think was both. you can find the excerpts of the game on youtube i think and judge for yourself. poor defense on set pieces, poor keeper positioning & slow.

i'm looking forward to howard's return. a good keeper can play to age 40. some past-- dino zoff and leao i think 42?
Old 07.24.2015, 02:09 PM   #7190
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Guzan will always be behind Howard when he's fit. I'm just surprised you can't find anyone ahead of Guzan to stand in.
Old 07.24.2015, 03:07 PM   #7191
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I never liked Guzan, much prefer Nick Ramando as our back up..
I do think its the worst hypocrisy that Landon was roasted for his sabbatical but Howard gets a pass. I have no problem with either of them i just don't get why everybody was so pissed at Landon?

As to USMNT.. Jurgen definitely underestimated his opponents, for all the shit it gets in past four years CONCACAF has made some significant improvements. Costa Rica, Mexico had they run in the Olympics, Jamaica hanging with a South Americans, shit even Panama and Honduras are getting to where they are not mere pushovers..

I think Jurgen was thinking too much about the US cakewalk in 2013 Cup.. can't underestimate teams, especially when they have nothing to lose. Jamaica knew they would be outmatched so they played with the freedom of no expectexpectations. Oh yeah and their coach with the Rick Flair haircut is pretty good.

USA needed the win, now got to play mexico or JA for.that confederations cup and as !@#$! Eexplained US needs more opportunities against better quality teams.. winning the Cup would have locked in the spot.. it was a must win. Hopefully this is a wakeup call for the coach and the team

Old 07.24.2015, 03:12 PM   #7192
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Guzan will always be behind Howard when he's fit. I'm just surprised you can't find anyone ahead of Guzan to stand in.

there's nick rimando who is 36 and has a great MLS record but internationally didn't do so well as i recall. is the reserve. no other keeper of howard's caliber/experience/talentetc. currently, howard is our jesus--bringing us back from the dead.

there's a bunch of early-20s keepers that klinsmann has been testing but who knows. they play liga-mx/mls and i don't follow that. maybe i'll have to start...
Old 07.24.2015, 03:20 PM   #7193
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Bad news for Dortmund apparently. If Arsenal's bid to get Benzema fails, they're willing to spend serious money on landing Lewandowski.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...s-through.html
Old 07.24.2015, 03:28 PM   #7194
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Bad news for Dortmund apparently. If Arsenal's bid to get Benzema fails, they're willing to spend serious money on landing Lewandowski.

lewandowski is at bayern and seems to be pep's darling. good luck with that.

--

ps who that article says arsenal and spurs are trying to plunder from dortmund is aubameyang. that would be a massive blow as he's the only striker who scores there.

sadness...
Old 07.24.2015, 03:34 PM   #7195
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I've been racking my brains and thinking who'd they'd get if Arsenal miss out on Benzema (and Rea would be mad to let him go). And as el symbols has said, Bayern won't let Lewie go easily.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2015, 04:54 PM   #7196
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Yeah meant Bayern. Don't know what his relationship's like with Pep but either way. It looks like the impact of the TV money is kicking in, even though nobody's officially received a payment yet. Expect some even more outrageous bids in the january window. Man U look like they're trying to buy everybody.
Old 07.25.2015, 03:09 AM   #7197
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Benzema (and Rea would be mad to let him go).

I've never quite got the Benzema thing. At Real he's always seemed to me a decent striker in an exceptional team. But I'm obviously not seeing something, and you can't argue with his stats.
Old 07.28.2015, 04:31 PM   #7198
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Hahahahaaaaa.. peace out Hererra.. we'll miss your Super Sayen shit..

Old 07.28.2015, 04:41 PM   #7199
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Hahahahaaaaa.. peace out Hererra.. we'll miss your Super Sayen shit..

did he get fired for punching that tv puss?
Old 07.28.2015, 05:41 PM   #7200
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Yup

310350357358359 360 361362363370410460 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth