Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page ok... shit's hit the fan: CHICAGO july 13th pitchfork fest, anyone comin'?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.12.2007, 10:47 PM   #41
StarfieldRoad
little trouble girl

StarfieldRoad has much to be proud ofStarfieldRoad has much to be proud ofStarfieldRoad has much to be proud ofStarfieldRoad has much to be proud ofStarfieldRoad has much to be proud ofStarfieldRoad has much to be proud ofStarfieldRoad has much to be proud ofStarfieldRoad has much to be proud ofStarfieldRoad has much to be proud ofStarfieldRoad has much to be proud of
it's going to be one AMAZING show. i figure ill stake out a spot by the sonic stage while some people will drift towards the slint stage. sucks for them haha.
StarfieldRoad is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2007, 11:11 PM   #42
timtimtim
children of satan

timtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud of
anybody know about parking at union park? I can't find anything. and in response to how I know that they start at 9, check out the website for the fest.
timtimtim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2007, 11:49 PM   #43
kenning
little trouble girl

kenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asses
take the CTA train from downtown (green or pink lines). you will regret trying to park anywhere near union park during pitchfork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtimtim
anybody know about parking at union park? I can't find anything. and in response to how I know that they start at 9, check out the website for the fest.
kenning is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2007, 01:33 AM   #44
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
RAIN KING: OUT HERE IN THIS WHIRLPOOL WORLD DREAMIN' OF A PITCHFORK KISS

Needless to say it's going to be a great show. I'm about to call it a night and dream of my own pitchfork kiss...see you there. Cheers

lovesonicevol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2007, 01:02 AM   #45
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
ladies and gents: so much to write about, so many things to say, so much excitement.

this post is dedicated to Dan, and the volounteering STAFF at the PITHCFORK fest and all of those persons who showed up to have a great time in wonderful Chicago, Illinois.

I had a blast. It is all I can say, for now. Most of the folks that came out and were not upfront in the first row like I was, seriously need to chill out: it is SONIC YOUTH, not fucking SLAYER. No fucking need to moshpit, for fuck's sake.

I am going to post a huge description of my whole day there. SONIC YOUTH keeps getting better and better and better. Today, and the day I met my girl: these are the best days of my life.

There is one only thing that bothers me as I am about to sleep, and I Wanna say it now. I saw a crude thing happening right beside me, to two wonderful persons that were trying hard to enjoy a concert that was almost ruined by those who think SY is a band for moshpits.

A very rude folk was bothering this couple and I mean, rudely. I am not posting their names, but she was dealing with a fucked up guy. She told her boyfriend, and - like any of you guys out there wouldhave certainly done - asked him what he was doing. The girl started getting loud about it, "stop touching me". The boyfriend went mad and punched the idiot in his face.

Blood followed, security came in, and the couple was taken away, while the idiot was left in there.

This was just not right. I saw the whole thing happening right next to me. These persons were trying to have a good time, and idiotic moshpit behaviour got them out of a splendid occasion to have fun.

That was bad and I feel for them, big time. I would have punched him if it was my girl.

Tomorrow I will post more. Thanx again to Dan, SONIC YOUTH, the laid back crowd that was harmlessly enjoying the show (Chase, Austin, the guy who rescued my credit card) and lastly to the CHICAGO POLICE for bringing me back home when I was wondering lost in town.

check out http://pitchforkmusicfestival.com for some more stuff...
Old 07.14.2007, 01:27 AM   #46
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, it sucks when assholes have to harsh the mellow.

Reminds me of when I saw SY in 02 and got in a guy's face who may have thought he was at a Korn show or some shit.

Did you meet any fellow board members max?

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2007, 01:28 AM   #47
StarfieldRoad
little trouble girl

StarfieldRoad has much to be proud ofStarfieldRoad has much to be proud ofStarfieldRoad has much to be proud ofStarfieldRoad has much to be proud ofStarfieldRoad has much to be proud ofStarfieldRoad has much to be proud ofStarfieldRoad has much to be proud ofStarfieldRoad has much to be proud ofStarfieldRoad has much to be proud ofStarfieldRoad has much to be proud of
yea that was totally fucked up to say the least. i knew that something was going down when security was over there.
StarfieldRoad is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2007, 01:38 AM   #48
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
not at all, no fellows from the boards... just two persons that wondered around but they didn't even remember their nicknames.

oh look, here's why DAN rules:

I tell you, I had a blast. It has been WAY out there. WAY OUT. I am telling you.

Old 07.14.2007, 02:24 AM   #49
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by max
not at all, no fellows from the boards... just two persons that wondered around but they didn't even remember their nicknames.

I tell you, I had a blast. It has been WAY out there. WAY OUT. I am telling you.

Holy fuck max! Congrats on meeting Thurston. That's a great pic. I don't know what I'd say to that guy. I could've talked to Lee once but I couldn't think of anything to say.

Old 07.14.2007, 03:28 AM   #50
Ninwitch
empty page

Ninwitch has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I was there at pitchfork tonight, too--and I, too, was confounded by the "moshpitting." Wha? Are they nuts? I was up front as well, and my friend had passed out twice right (too much beer, not enough water & personal stuff) as SY was being introduced and some tall, skinny short-haired brunette was making her go to the front--trying to eliminate her from the crowd And she punched my vulnerable friend in the face as security was delivering her from the fence. I had to track my bff down. It turned out she was okay--just hypoglycemic and a little dehydrated, but she was put right back in after a few minutes. By that point the band had played the first 3 songs wondrously and I had set off to first aid to look for her. By the time I got back up there, it was crazy. I had to leave by the time SY started on side 4, and people were being arses about letting me out. Who are these kids? They have no sense of decorum. It's SY, not Black Flag.

Idiots.

Enough about idiots--SY was brilliant. They were all spectacular and so worth it. Even though I didn't enjoy that environment at Pitchfork, and the crowd was very uptight and selfish--I must say that the folks workin' it were stellar. Bands rocked, but I'm glad it's over. I really wish the crowd would've been less ridiculous. I love them, aside from that I can say: I heart Kim Gordon--she's my personal bass hero!

P.S. Slint rocked, too---Spiderland....yeah, you're jealous.
Ninwitch is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2007, 07:29 AM   #51
rude
empty page

rude has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Pitchfork is the new authority on music of any genre....so I am sure that whatever they do is in the best interest of listeners everywhere. Pitchfork...shilling for quality since last week or some such shite.
as the ridiculous world goes by

http://www.youtube.com/lofisounds
rude is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2007, 08:01 AM   #52
lalie
bad moon rising

lalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by max
There is one only thing that bothers me as I am about to sleep, and I Wanna say it now. I saw a crude thing happening right beside me, to two wonderful persons that were trying hard to enjoy a concert that was almost ruined by those who think SY is a band for moshpits.

A very rude folk was bothering this couple and I mean, rudely. I am not posting their names, but she was dealing with a fucked up guy. She told her boyfriend, and - like any of you guys out there wouldhave certainly done - asked him what he was doing. The girl started getting loud about it, "stop touching me". The boyfriend went mad and punched the idiot in his face.

Blood followed, security came in, and the couple was taken away, while the idiot was left in there.

This was just not right. I saw the whole thing happening right next to me. These persons were trying to have a good time, and idiotic moshpit behaviour got them out of a splendid occasion to have fun.

That was bad and I feel for them, big time. I would have punched him if it was my girl.

That kind of things really revolts me!
It happened to me once actually, didn't go that far though...
But I had no boyfriend with me and I had to move from where I was so the bastard left me in peace. Was the last time I went to a gig alone.

Very nice picture with Thurston!

lalie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2007, 08:15 AM   #53
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Prisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's asses
talked to my boyfriend last night after the show...he didn't tell me anything except some crazy bullshit story about how gza jumped someone.

thurston looks so ollllllllllld!

Prisstina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2007, 02:20 PM   #54
max
expwy. to yr skull

he looks tired, not old... he nailed it at the show.
and i look like a dork, look at my eyes...
damn... i feel like i've been run over by a truck
but i'm alright i guess...

and thanx Lalie, all credit goes to Dan... as for idiotic crowd behaviour, man, that still pisses me off. i can't believe that those persons were more concerned about making a huge mess while SONIC YOUTH was playing...
Old 07.14.2007, 02:21 PM   #55
max
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninwitch
I was there at pitchfork tonight, too--and I, too, was confounded by the "moshpitting." Wha? Are they nuts? I was up front as well, and my friend had passed out twice right (too much beer, not enough water & personal stuff) as SY was being introduced and some tall, skinny short-haired brunette was making her go to the front--trying to eliminate her from the crowd And she punched my vulnerable friend in the face as security was delivering her from the fence. I had to track my bff down. It turned out she was okay--just hypoglycemic and a little dehydrated, but she was put right back in after a few minutes. By that point the band had played the first 3 songs wondrously and I had set off to first aid to look for her. By the time I got back up there, it was crazy. I had to leave by the time SY started on side 4, and people were being arses about letting me out. Who are these kids? They have no sense of decorum. It's SY, not Black Flag.

Idiots.

crazy story.
Old 07.14.2007, 02:37 PM   #56
CHOUT
invito al cielo

Further proof that I'm glad I don't go to many outdoor festivals.

Drunk fux who don't give a shit about the music and wanna fuck with people should instantly be booted.

Old 07.14.2007, 03:05 PM   #57
Macaulay Culkin
little trouble girl

Macaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by max

OHHHH What the hell Max????

I would have totally shit myself if I met Thurston.
And you did last night!
I waited with you and you told me we couldn't!!!!!!!!!!!

-dies inside completely-

(This is Megan by the way...the fellow front row girl with the mohawk.)

Haha, how the fuck did I forget my nickname?
I was out of the fact that there was even an internet.
Oh well. I'm revived today!

junkieNOISEjunkie
Macaulay Culkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2007, 03:16 PM   #58
max
expwy. to yr skull

dammit, Megan! WTF? Crazy nickname. Oh, as for meeting the man... the story was just crazy, I ended up walking in the back where I told ya, after security told us to leave. I bought two shirts and said, what the hell, let's give it a try. And I met the band trailer right there in the back! I met Steve shook hands, took a pic and he signed my HOLD THAT TIGER booklet... then my friend Dan came out of the backyard... Kim came out, and Thurston followed!
It was very cool. They are all very cool guys. Don't buy the hype or whatever is the shit now - these guys are not cold hard rockstars... laidback people just willing to have a good time.

So how are you Megan? I will post more stuff these days... I feel like I am partially cracked up... ugh...
Old 07.14.2007, 03:49 PM   #59
Macaulay Culkin
little trouble girl

Macaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's asses
Nah, I don't buy into the hype of the whole "rockstar" deal.
I can definitely tell they're awesome people who just want to play music.
It was definitely, the best thing that has ever happened to me.
I've been waiting for YEARS to go to a Sonic Youth show that even thought about coming around somewhere close to Indianapolis.
I definitely think I picked the best one I could have possibly have gone to.

I'm doing pretty well, just sore as hell today.
My neck and back are shot...and my arms...
Mostly my left elbow from trying to hold back that asshole Pitchfork film guy from blocking my view.
Other than that, I'm still in a SY induced coma.

What about you?

junkieNOISEjunkie
Macaulay Culkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2007, 04:09 PM   #60
syntax-free
bad moon rising

syntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's asses
sonic youth was AMAZING. i got shuved to the front during GZA so i was front row for sonic youth. i was the girl that kept yelling I LOVE YOU THURSTON. yup. it was breathtaking, i almost cried when teen age riot came on.
syntax-free is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth