Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.01.2016, 11:00 AM   #1501
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i've officially begun to have moments of anxiety about this latest comey shit-- all aspersions, no evidence whatsoever, but the overreaction is something like the final straw. hillary's popularity edge is gone.

this mainly because the repukes are so good at lying, and their followers so good at eating up any absurd garbage (e.g., see the link that db posted), that it creates a thick alternate reality that begins to infect the independents.

Not to get under pepper green's skin again, but fuckit... high-five man, you're right.

The "narrative" is being "controlled." It was a cheap, disgusting, unforgivable move for Comey to drop this (alleged) bomb mere days before the election. Again, the assumption is that the people will read the headlines and not the story -- that we can be molded and sold on ideas that easily. And apparently many of us can, because I'll be damned if Trump's numbers haven't grown, and Hillary's decisive lead has started to shrink.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2016, 11:12 AM   #1502
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
And you know, it's driving me a big fucking nutty that I can't even make a Facebook post with links to the myriad stories about Comey's unethical conduct and how the story, upon even cursory inspection, is revealed to be a non-thing.

It's moments like these that define us I guess. I suppose I could say fuck what my publisher says and just make some goddamn noise. But I don't think I'm going to do that. I love my job too much, and I certainly (genuinely) *need* it too much to risk losing it over what will ultimately be called my inability to suck it up and be a professional.

This is producing a massive amount of anxiety and guilt for me, though.
Old 11.01.2016, 11:15 AM   #1503
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
And you know, it's driving me a big fucking nutty that I can't even make a Facebook post with links to the myriad stories about Comey's unethical conduct and how the story, upon even cursory inspection, is revealed to be a non-thing.

It's moments like these that define us I guess. I suppose I could say fuck what my publisher says and just make some goddamn noise. But I don't think I'm going to do that. I love my job too much, and I certainly (genuinely) *need* it too much to risk losing it over what will ultimately be called my inability to suck it up and be a professional.

This is producing a massive amount of anxiety and guilt for me, though.
just make it your private business. talk to family and friends and get them to the polls on the DL. you don't have to WRITE AND PUBLISH shit. just drive someone to the polls today. they can't be policing that shit-- probably illegal.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2016, 12:00 PM   #1504
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
just make it your private business. talk to family and friends and get them to the polls on the DL. you don't have to WRITE AND PUBLISH shit. just drive someone to the polls today. they can't be policing that shit-- probably illegal.

No, you're right. It's really just social media and things like signs in yards/stickers on cars.

They kind of do "police" that stuff to an extent. You don't have to "write and publish" a partisan stance to be in trouble. Sharing a anti- or pro-so and so message is enough. Obviously taking about politics with anyone in the community is risky. I wouldn't be entirely comfortable getting into a debate of moderate volume over beers at one of the local bars. This is the part that is a challenge. But to not risk a good job, I can behave.

And yeah, maybe I'll shuttle some folks to the booth. I'll have to get them first, though. I'd feel like an ass if they ended up being Trump supporters.
Old 11.01.2016, 12:13 PM   #1505
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Dude, contact your county's democratic headquarters. They should have a facebook page with a phone number. They'll let you know what needs done and I'm sure you'll find something agreeable.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2016, 12:18 PM   #1506
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Dude, contact your county's democratic headquarters. They should have a facebook page with a phone number. They'll let you know what needs done and I'm sure you'll find something agreeable.

YES. THIS. don't just drive a rando.

if you're nervous, have your wife call.
Old 11.01.2016, 03:29 PM   #1507
PLips
Banned

PLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's asses
I'd like Trump to order and buy a $5 million dollar platter of gourmet Mexican feces and eat it with a smile. Capitalist defecance!
PLips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2016, 05:05 PM   #1508
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Currently, there is a better than 25% chance he'll win, which might not seem like much, but it is more than ten points higher than last week!

Where are you getting these numbers? Right now I see Drumpf at 12%:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...-forecast.html

Which, yes, is A LOT more than the subshitty TWO PERCENT he was at last week. But even if you give him OH, IA, NV and FL, he's fucked:

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2016, 05:09 PM   #1509
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Sounds kind of like you're talking about this guy:

I know that's from Batman Begins, but I feel like quoting the best piece of script from The Dark Knight Rises:

At the Gotham Stock Exchange:

YUPPIE FUCK: This is the stock exchange. There's no money to steal here.

BANE: Really? Then what are YOU people doing here?

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 11.01.2016, 06:40 PM   #1510
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

So before this piece of shit loses the election and we don't have to talk about him anymore [FINGERS CROSSED!], I want to make sure we bring up the Woody Guthrie vs Trump Sr. episode. When the story came out (in January, and I believe it hasn't been mentioned here), I thought it was a spoof or something — just too good to be true. Whaddayaknow, no spoof:

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&g...ald+tru mp%22

Old 11.01.2016, 10:23 PM   #1511
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
I know that's from Batman Begins, but I feel like quoting the best piece of script from The Dark Knight Rises:

At the Gotham Stock Exchange:

YUPPIE FUCK: This is the stock exchange. There's no money to steal here.

BANE: Really? Then what are YOU people doing here?

Bane was awesome in that movie and I don't care what anyone says. Yes, that was a great line and a great scene.

Bane was a bigger than life kind of terrorist. Everything he did -- unlike Joker (chaos, chaos, chaos), and Ra's (calculated long con Hitler/Robin Hood type shit) -- was absolute over-the-top fuckwithery on a massive scale. DARING people to fuck with him, question him, challenge him every step of the way.

If Bane had the intelligence of a toddler, the physique of large matronly super super butch nun, cared about money and had self esteem issues about his premature baldness, I imagine he'd be a lot like Trump.
Old 11.01.2016, 10:27 PM   #1512
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
YES. THIS. don't just drive a rando.

if you're nervous, have your wife call.

She and I actually aren't ok speaking terms about this election and haven't been since I voted Hillary in the primaries. She's voting Stein and will not hear a word of argument or entertain the briefest discussion about why she should do otherwise.

But yeah, I actually networked with a few elderly Dems. at a congressional debate tonight, and I will be driving two lovely old gals to the voting booths next Tuesday to Hillary the fuck out this bitch.
Old 11.02.2016, 09:30 AM   #1513
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
She and I actually aren't ok speaking terms about this election and haven't been since I voted Hillary in the primaries. She's voting Stein and will not hear a word of argument or entertain the briefest discussion about why she should do otherwise..
yeah you read stein's platform and it's a wonderful pie-in-the-sky set of ideals. i'd love to see a world like that. i don't know that jill stein is the person that will bring about that world though.

and politics is politics. you can't lead the population by jamming policies down their throats. it's a bit like gay marriage-- a couple of decades ago it was unthinkable, now it's the law of the land. why? was it because a political party decided to make it part of its legislative agenda? no. it was because public perceptions of gay people changed.

sure a lot of effort and activism went into passing the laws and fighting the reactionaries, but without broad public support it would have been all moot.

my point is, i guess, that any sort of policy needs a wide social consensus. avant-gardism can't cut it withe the general public. so i don't know that america is ready for a green world. but likely in a couple of decades some of their platform will be mainstream and acceptable for liberals and goobers alike (well, with goobers i don't know... they're still denying evolution).

right now though, it's a wasted vote i'm afraid. but you already knew that.

Quote:
But yeah, I actually networked with a few elderly Dems. at a congressional debate tonight, and I will be driving two lovely old gals to the voting booths next Tuesday to Hillary the fuck out this bitch.

do you guys have early voting there? vote early/vote often! :P
Old 11.02.2016, 09:54 AM   #1514
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
all done with my voting for this cycle, Ms Ild and I did about a dozen lunches and 10 dinners for our volunteer staff at Democratic Party HQ. We will have NO PROBLEM with casting our measly 7 Ev's for HRC.
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2016, 10:32 AM   #1515
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...th-to-victory/
Old 11.02.2016, 02:49 PM   #1516
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
I can't vote. If you can, you must
Chelsea E Manning
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2016, 04:57 PM   #1517
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:

From thestar.com's "Six Lessons For A Woman Campaigning To Be President":

Quote:
1. Best not to have a husband. [...] As Humber College law professor Alex Colangelo tweeted: "The candidate married to an alleged sex predator might lose to an alleged sex predator because of emails related to an alleged sex predator."

Old 11.02.2016, 05:55 PM   #1518
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
what peppergreen is trying to point out in his own semi coherent way is that there really are people like this who want to tear everything down and destroy you and everything else and sneer in your face while doing it. they really do exist and are extremely common. there really is an blindness to them by a large number of people who have really difficulty believe someone elses intentions could be so vicious.

they bank on you being so shocked and stunned by their behavior that it produces cognitive dissonance and you can't really believe it's happening.

people are becoming especially aggressive and vicious these days imo, because there is less need to work on social bonds when technology allows us to survive as individuals.

shine a light. Im mesmerized by what you pointed out daily. it's not just politics it's socially too. just can't wrap my head around animalistic behavior.
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2016, 06:11 PM   #1519
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Not to get under pepper green's skin again.

you imagine things. smoke and mirrors. that's yr nerd fantasies telling the bad guy off.
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2016, 06:51 PM   #1520
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk

And Agent Hotchner won't be there to catch them. They fired him from Criminal Minds...

66737475 76 77787986126176 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth