Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.22.2016, 08:41 AM   #1341
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
You know, those of you who express ignorance on candidates as a reason for not voting? You have spent more than enough time on line in this forum to have learned plenty about them. In a harrowing 5 minute search, I found that one of our local judicial races had a racist ex-cop against a law degree holding consumer advocate. I didn't know anything about either, but now I've made an informed vote. Research is easy, not doing so, claiming ignorance and then not voting, while complaining loudly in on line fora is butt ass lazy
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.22.2016, 08:45 AM   #1342
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Support for planned parenthood and the expansion of sex education in schools
Easier access to contraceptives
Increase in paid maternity leave
Banning the ownership of certain types of assault rifles and generally expanding background checks
Making community college education debt free
Immediately increasing national minimum wage to $12ph with ultimate aim of increasing it to $15

And let's not forget appointing progressives to the Supreme Court of the United States, instead of right wing nutjobs in the manner of Scalia.
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.22.2016, 09:03 AM   #1343
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Title 18. Section 2071:
“(a) Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away (e.g., PRIVATE SERVER) any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
(b) Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term “office” does not include the office held by any person as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States.”
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.22.2016, 10:40 AM   #1344
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drjohnrock
And let's not forget appointing progressives to the Supreme Court of the United States, instead of right wing nutjobs in the manner of Scalia.
not just the supremes but all federal judges

cabinet members

federal agency directors (from the EPA to the CIA)

board members and commissioners to the FCC and other regulatory bodies

ambassadors

also: veto power over legislation

also: the vp as president of the senate who can break ties

etc
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.22.2016, 10:41 AM   #1345
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
You know, those of you who express ignorance on candidates as a reason for not voting? You have spent more than enough time on line in this forum to have learned plenty about them. In a harrowing 5 minute search, I found that one of our local judicial races had a racist ex-cop against a law degree holding consumer advocate. I didn't know anything about either, but now I've made an informed vote. Research is easy, not doing so, claiming ignorance and then not voting, while complaining loudly in on line fora is butt ass lazy

I was just making allowances in the event that something does come up that you don't k ow about. That's all. I'm a voter, and I vote. The one or two things I don't weigh in on every few years are anomaly.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.22.2016, 10:47 AM   #1346
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
repeat if youre asking anyone to vote for Hillary because you don't like Trump by every ontological definition you are asking them to support Hillary. are we both speaking English here or nah?

if not lets try it in a different one.

እርግጠኛ ነዎት መለከት አይደለም ምክንያቱም ሂላሪ ድምጽ ለእኔ በመጠየቅ ነው ከሆነ ሂላሪ ለመደገፍ እኔን መጠየቅ ሁሉ በልምምዳዊ
ትርጉም ናቸው.

እኛም ተመሳሳይ ቋንቋ የሚናገሩ ወይስ አይደለም?

edit.

how would voting for Stein stop Trump exactly? and yet somehow i am the one accused of not knowing what i am talking about?

እንዴት ስቴይን ለ ድምጽ መስጠት በትክክል መለከት ያቆማል? ነገር ግን እንደምንም ብዬ ስለ እኔ ምን እንደ ሆነ አላውቅም የተከሰሱ ሰው ነኝ?

Who the fuck said you didn't know what you were talking about?
You are terrible at this. You always put words in other peoples mouths, and it's Fucking infuriating.

If anything, I'm saying that because you clearly ARE well informed about candidates, policy, what is and isn't at stake, that's why you should be doing your part to keep a goddam biggot out of the White House.

If I didn't think you "knew what you were talking about" I'd say (as I've already stated) sure! Go ahead and don't vote!

It's actually kind of a compliment, you stubborn shit!!
Old 10.22.2016, 10:52 AM   #1347
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Suchfriends lives in California. His vote doesn't matter as far as electoral vote goes. And I doubt the popular vote will hinge on solely his opinion. Let the baby have his empty bottle.

Voting, btw, is called a "civic responsibility." Not a personal one. Stop treating your vote like it's your hymen.

BLAM!!

and yes well said lololol

Some day my prince will come
Some day I'll find my love
And how thrilling that moment will be
When the prince of my dreams comes to me
He'll whisper, I love you
And steal a kiss or two
Though he's far away
I'll find my love some day
Some day when my dreams come true
Some day I'll find my love
Someone to call my own
And I'll know her the moment we meet
For my heart will start skipping a beat
Some day we'll say and do
Things we've been longing to
Though he's far away

Somewhere waiting for me
There is someone I'm longing to see
Someone I simply can't help but adore
Someone who'll thrill me forever
Some day my prince will come
Some day I will find the one
Though he's far away
Oh, please make my dreams come true
Old 10.22.2016, 12:19 PM   #1348
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
Title 18. Section 2071:
“(a) Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away (e.g., PRIVATE SERVER) any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
(b) Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term “office” does not include the office held by any person as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States.”

But this is not actually what Hillary did.
This is what W. Bush did. This is what Mitt Romney did. I'd wager Bill Clinton did a bit of this. But this ^ behavior you're talking about up here? Willful concealment? That's not what Hillary Clinton did. Hillary used a private server and there was overlap between personal and state information. But she turned over those emails upon request. Subjected herself to the ridiculous, over-the-top investigation and "minuscule" (according to FBI, via Politifact) confidential information was found.

At worst, and for all we know, she is guilty of mismanagement of information and perhaps being a goofy old bitty who isn't very tech-savvy.

I read the the emails as they were released to the public. My take away? Hillary Clinton is a pretty cool boss, kind of a space cadet (like my mother, who's about HRC's age), sometimes insecure, and unafraid to piss people off.

When W's administration deleted 2 million emails, it wasn't even NEWS.
When Romney did it when he was eyeing the White House, it DIDN'T EVEN COME UP.

Innocent until proven guilty. And there's not sufficient evidence to call her "guilty" of anything other than carelessness. And she cooperated with authorities and turned that shit over toot sweet. This is not a "cover up."

Everyone needs to shut the fuck up about the goddamn emails. When you know you fucked up and you do everything that's asked of you to make the situation right, that's not a cover up. When you knowingly hide information and then pretend it never existed (Bush/Cheney, Romney... Not that anyone's asking about them... oh and Truno... and Nixon...) THAT'S a cover-up. That's a crime.

The email fiasco is a symptom of suppressed sexism on a societal level. Just like Obama being blamed for the economic fallout of the Bush administration is a symptom of societal racism. It's a sick double standard, and the GOP is fanning the flames because they're desperate, and they're just counting on people being stupid enough to not think critically about the situation.
Old 10.22.2016, 12:23 PM   #1349
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Voting, btw, is called a "civic responsibility." Not a personal one. Stop treating your vote like it's your hymen.

This! this! oh god, this!
Old 10.22.2016, 02:54 PM   #1350
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to demonrail666 again

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.22.2016, 05:28 PM   #1351
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

Old 10.22.2016, 05:33 PM   #1352
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to demonrail666 again

You already knew everything he said.

The point has been lost.
Old 10.22.2016, 05:40 PM   #1353
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
You already knew everything he said.

The point has been lost.
no, you just missed the point entirely. i repped him because he is the only who actually addressed my posts rather than just trash me in reply

Old 10.22.2016, 06:02 PM   #1354
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

should i explain? i am probably just wasting my time because it appears everyone here just wants to bash me for trying to push the discussion into a substantive direction. this is my final olive branch.

my point? was this. the only way to stop Trump through the ballot is to vote for a candidate that can defeat hom. so if folks here or anywhere want me or anyone else to vote for Hillary Clinton, the only candidate that can actually defeat Trump, then it is your and their job to explain and defend that candidate's platform and policy. sure, i know what it is, but i still have plenty of qualms, deeply moral and personal, about Clinton. so, if y'all seriously have any issues with my not voting, then explain to me why i should be convinced to vote for Hillary. otherwise just leave me the fuck alone, i never told anyone here they shouldn't vote because i am not voting. quote me if i did.

its quite simple really, i am asking for a policy discussion. instead y'all just wanna make fun of me. cool.

grow up

Old 10.22.2016, 09:07 PM   #1355
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
should i explain? i am probably just wasting my time because it appears everyone here just wants to bash me for trying to push the discussion into a substantive direction. this is my final olive branch.

my point? was this. the only way to stop Trump through the ballot is to vote for a candidate that can defeat hom. so if folks here or anywhere want me or anyone else to vote for Hillary Clinton, the only candidate that can actually defeat Trump, then it is your and their job to explain and defend that candidate's platform and policy. sure, i know what it is, but i still have plenty of qualms, deeply moral and personal, about Clinton. so, if y'all seriously have any issues with my not voting, then explain to me why i should be convinced to vote for Hillary. otherwise just leave me the fuck alone, i never told anyone here they shouldn't vote because i am not voting. quote me if i did.

its quite simple really, i am asking for a policy discussion. instead y'all just wanna make fun of me. cool.

grow up

Wait, did you read my PMs?

Of course everyone understands that it's Hillary or Trump. It's silly to even suggest that anyone didn't "get" that. But you talked about your choice to not vote as though it's anyone else's responsibility to make sure you vote. I didn't list off HRC's platform in bulletpoints because there's no point! You already know that stuff. I also didn't do it because my issue is not with you voting for Hillary, it's more like: how are you not so disgusted by Trump that you don't feel a responsibility to use your vote to fight him.

But I don't want to get back into all this slop. Obviously you were personally offended by what I said and I didn't want that, so I don't want to get back into it.

BUT now, because you asked for "good reasons" to vote for Hillary and you admit that Demonrail gave you just that, I'm dying to know if you're now open to voting in this election. Or if all that "convince me" business was just a red herring.

So... you say you got the answer you were looking for (good reasons to vote for Hillary), so... you gonna vote for Hillary? Did you getting what you asked for change anything?
Old 10.22.2016, 09:37 PM   #1356
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian

BUT now, because you asked for "good reasons" to vote for Hillary and you admit that Demonrail gave you just that, I'm dying to know if you're now open to voting in this election. Or if all that "convince me" business was just a red he
So... you say you got the answer you were looking for (good reasons to vote for Hillary), so... you gonna vote for Hillary? Did you getting what you asked for change anything?
no didn't say that at all, indeed i know enough about it to as i said not vote.
however if y'all wanna have a conversation about voting for Hllary lets talk about why to vote for Hillary simple as that.

what i appreciated about Demonrail is instead of just bashing me like everyone else and giving high fives to each other about it, he actually addressed my post.

my intention is that all of y'all who do vote who want to convince others you talk to aside from me to vote then talk about positives about Hillary, not the negatives about Trump.

Old 10.23.2016, 04:28 AM   #1357
GravitySlips
children of satan

GravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's asses
Sometimes in politics, you have to vote for someone you might not necessarily like in order to stop a fucking egomaniac, bigoted, borderline-racist twat from entering office.

Demonrail made some good points about why you should obviously vote for Clinton in this race.

Also, I see today that Trump has vowed to pull ALL (yes, all. EVERY FUCKING CENT) of the US's contributions to UN climate-change programmes if he gets into office. So yeah. For fuck sake, vote for Clinton mate.
GravitySlips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.23.2016, 06:23 AM   #1358
Silver ✴ Rocket
little trouble girl

Silver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's asses

Silver ✴ Rocket is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.23.2016, 01:05 PM   #1359
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
giving high fives to each other about it

come on--evollove has some great fucking turns of phrase

that baby bottle + hymen thing was an epic burn

if you weren't butthurt you would have been laughing too. admit it, he's good

besides, it's not just good-sounding words, the concepts behind them are correct--it's civic not personal; it's about what's best from the available options and not about waiting for "the one"-- etc.

this is of course why the joke works so well. and maybe it touched a nerve, but it did so with good reason-- it really found the flaw in your position. it's not really about "your conscience," but rather what is best for the country. etc etc

and being a civics teacher you know the differences in funding of programs like wic and headstart, in judicial appointments, in environmental policies, etc etc

on top of that-- you ask for hillary's positives, which are in the policies she champions and you admit that she can get shit done. but hillary is not without context--things don't happen in a vacuum.

my position here is that trump must not just be defeated, but thoroughly humiliated, so that never again another monster like him is allowed to rise-- and the despicables know once and for all that the country stands against racism, xenophobia, willful ignorance and many other things too long and sad to list over & over on a lazy sunday morning.
Old 10.23.2016, 01:28 PM   #1360
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
to think that there won't be another like Trump is naive. The next one will be more stealthy, but will still be appalling
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
58656667 68 69707178118168 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth