Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page old bands youve listened to and realized they rule, recently
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.28.2008, 08:29 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
for me, beat happening. i listened to them a couple years ago, but i was totally obsessed with jad fair and halfjap at the time, so i was listening with total bias, and pretty much made myself hear a half jap ripoff. but now, like for instance, jamboree, that record is has some of the most basic, simple, and pure melodies and hooks ive ever heard. its just amazing to me, this band can barely play, uses horrible recording quality, etc.., but still has some of the most catchy and memorable songs youll ever hear. i love calvin's deep vocals too, reminds me of the dude from fuckemos but less purposley "fart sounding". lyrics are phenomenal too.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2008, 08:32 PM   #2
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
haha fuckemos rule.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2008, 08:52 PM   #3
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
haha. tell me about it, one of those bands that i seriously laugh out loud to prolly when theyre not even trying to be funny.

listen to pink reason
Old 09.28.2008, 09:05 PM   #4
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
Mayhem - the first black metal band I discovered, Live in Leipzig was my first BM album. I started listening to more BM though, and I began thinking "Dead wasn't a great vocalist, in fact he has an awful voice" and "Euronymous wasn't very good at guitar", but after awhile I started listening to Leipzig again, and now I want all the other Dead era Mayhem stuff - Dawn of the Black Hearts, Out From the Dark/Last Breath.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2008, 09:36 PM   #5
batreleaser
invito al cielo

'live in leipzig' is actually my favorite mayhem album. i like black metal way more when its stripped down/lo fi style, all that shit like children of bodom, cradle of filth, dimmu borgir, with that high quality recordings; it loses the "evilness", i guess. call me corny, but ive listened to satanic themed music since i was a little kid, i got into sabbath, maiden, metallica, and priest when iwas lie 8. but with albums like 'live in leipzig' or 'transylvanian hunger', you can actually feel the pull, you can hear the temptation of being a satanist.

listen to pink reason
Old 09.28.2008, 10:21 PM   #6
batreleaser
invito al cielo

or maybe because of the sheer volume of amazing bands throughout the underground, or the sheer volume of piece of shit bands throughout the "underground".

listen to pink reason
Old 09.28.2008, 10:38 PM   #7
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, there's way too much good music out there.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2008, 11:07 PM   #8
batreleaser
invito al cielo

its nuts how when mainstream gets absolutley horrid, the underground/sun-underground gets absolutley amazing. ive never in my life heard so many amazing wierd punk and noise records in the same year.

listen to pink reason

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth