Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page new Bark Haze- "Macannabis" tape
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.09.2007, 09:38 AM   #41
rappard
expwy. to yr skull

rappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
So it is from the source I recorded then... I already had a bit of a suspicion that it might be. Good I didn't buy it then; I'd feel cheated.
I actually think (but I'm not sure, I don't have the tape in my grubby little paws yet) they used Ted Mattes's source - did I ever torrent that, by the way?

rappard is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2007, 09:56 AM   #42
threelobed
bad moon rising

threelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappard
I actually think (but I'm not sure, I don't have the tape in my grubby little paws yet) they used Ted Mattes's source - did I ever torrent that, by the way?

whatever hit DIME back in december-ish is the source on this release. i know that for a fact.
threelobed is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2007, 09:59 AM   #43
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
nope, you didn't... I know there are at least 3 sources of Bark Haze at ATP, but mine's the only one that ended up on dime. But maybe he sent Gown a copy. I know the Comets on Fire set has been released as a tour only CDR and that's taken from his source as well.

Anyway, regardless of whose source it is, I'm not that much of a completist that I need to get this tape.

edit: that was for rappard

Quote:
Originally Posted by threelobed
whatever hit DIME back in december-ish is the source on this release. i know that for a fact.
if that's the case then it's definitely the one I recorded.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2007, 10:16 AM   #44
rappard
expwy. to yr skull

rappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by threelobed
Gotcha. Just went by the facts that 1) his recording sounds really nice and 2) Comets On Fire used his ATP recording for their tour CD-R. But yeah, pokkeherrie's recording has been the only one (so far) that's publicly available.

rappard is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth