Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.14.2008, 07:57 PM   #6381
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm so thankful that learning French taught me pure vowel sounds and now I can't speak without them. I'm 1% away from losing all trace of an accent and it's great. I've had people argue with me in my own state that I'm not originally from there.
Them: "Yu don't sownd like yur from around here..."
Me: "I am"
Them: "No yur not. You'se from up North sumeres"
Old 08.14.2008, 08:02 PM   #6382
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
florida's weird because there exists patches of accented and non-accented.. i fit in nicely for the most part, but out of state is weird when i say i'm from florida and i think some people don't know what to expect.
Old 08.14.2008, 08:04 PM   #6383
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
I won't say where I'm from because people just laugh and look at me like they are surprised that I'm wearing shoes and not overalls.
Old 08.14.2008, 08:08 PM   #6384
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
i forget it's so annoying to mention that i stayed in utah to people not too familiar with the place because they'll ask if i have six moms or if i saw any polygamists. i mean, i did, but christ.. yeah.
Old 08.14.2008, 08:08 PM   #6385
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
I'm so thankful that learning French taught me pure vowel sounds and now I can't speak without them. I'm 1% away from losing all trace of an accent and it's great. I've had people argue with me in my own state that I'm not originally from there.
Them: "Yu don't sownd like yur from around here..."
Me: "I am"
Them: "No yur not. You'se from up North sumeres"

Ha ha. Yeah, it's probably because I say "just" instead of "jest" and "I" instead of "Ah."

I can slip and get lazy in my speech among friends, but out in public I tend to be concious of the rules about round vowels and such I learned from my high school drama teachers.
Old 08.14.2008, 08:10 PM   #6386
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Dumbshits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Ha ha. Yeah, it's probably because I say "just" instead of "jest" and "I" instead of "Ah."

I can slip and get lazy in my speech among friends, but out in public I tend to be concious of the rules about round vowels and such I learned from my high school drama teachers.

The flack I get because my "ten" doesn't sound like "tin" or "pen" and "pin"...gah.
Old 08.14.2008, 08:14 PM   #6387
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Man, Sonic Youth, you and I.... We should have met up for coffee or something, man. We seem to be kindred battered spirits in this wasteland.

Anyway, good luck with your future beyond South Carolina. With any luck, I'll be out of here, too, someday. Let me know what life is like on the outside.

I always have to laugh when I hear about how much South Carolina is supposed to grow in population over the next decades. Unbelievable. Where are these people coming from, but better yet, WHY? And how soon will the population growth turn into a mass exodus AWAY from this godforsaken place?
Old 08.14.2008, 08:16 PM   #6389
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Haha, I don't get it as much in SC as I did elsewhere. Mainly because I've limited my communication in SC with the locals to absolute minimum, mostly murmurs and grumbles.

Quote:
Man, Sonic Youth, you and I.... We should have met up for coffee or something, man. We seem to be kindred battered spirits in this wasteland.

Anyway, good luck with your future beyond South Carolina. With any luck, I'll be out of here, too, someday. Let me know what life is like on the outside.

I always have to laugh when I hear about how much South Carolina is supposed to grow in population over the next decades. Unbelievable. Where are these people coming from, but better yet, WHY? And how soon will the population growth turn into a mass exodus AWAY from this godforsaken place?

We seem to be the only two that are escaping. I don't understand it either. It's too damn hot, the people suck, the roads suck, there's no sports teams, there's no music scene to be had. I fucking hate Myrtle Beach. Seriously, near me within about a 10 mile radius there must be 25-40 new multi-hundred home subdivision that are 99% vacant. There are probably 1,000 empty houses and lots for 3,000+ more within that area. I don't get it.
Old 08.14.2008, 08:23 PM   #6390
gmku
invito al cielo

Yeah. One morning I was in a weird mood when I walked out on the back porch with my morning coffee. I was speaking to my wife in a parody of the SC dialect, and made a comment like, "It's a fahn mornin to be a rrredneckk in Sahth Carolahna..." and then noticed that my next door neighbor (a redneck if ever there was one) was in his backyard. I'm sure he heard me too. And then my wife and I started laughing so hard that we cried.
Old 08.14.2008, 08:29 PM   #6391
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

I was standing in line at a customer service counter today trying to return something and this guy was in front of me trying to fill out a money order form and he was trying to tell me that it was going to take him a while and that I could go in front of him. I seriously didn't understand/comprehend a word other than "you". I'm not even sure it was English.
Old 08.14.2008, 08:30 PM   #6392
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

Quote:

the only time i sound remotely southern is when i say things like my friend molly's name (like "mawlh") or "hell yeah". otherwise, spanish helps keep me crisp.
Old 08.14.2008, 08:32 PM   #6393
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i went to a deli today, all the employees were latinos, they were serving a group from spain and a porto-rican before me, talking to them in spanish and all, and i talked to them in english.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2008, 08:32 PM   #6394
gmku
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
I was standing in line at a customer service counter today trying to return something and this guy was in front of me trying to fill out a money order form and he was trying to tell me that it was going to take him a while and that I could go in front of him. I seriously didn't understand/comprehend a word other than "you". I'm not even sure it was English.

Been there, man, many times. And they make YOU feel like the dumb ass. And you just wanna go, Get the fucking marbles out of your mouth, dumb hick. At least I know I do.
Old 08.14.2008, 08:34 PM   #6395
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

i definitely do.
Old 08.14.2008, 08:35 PM   #6396
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Haha, marbles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixyTNd-Ln38

I sing the "Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel" song to myself whenever I have to stand in a line here. Keeps me from making a scene.
Old 08.14.2008, 08:38 PM   #6397
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

that song was a big hit last year between us drumline people, from we had a game in jacksonville, and while i was unloading the mallet/drum trailer, this guy came up and asked "y'all from south caraliiina?" because we have "SC" on our jackets. oh man.
Old 08.14.2008, 08:40 PM   #6399
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Cletus is what I call every nameless redneck, regardless of gender.

I'm pissed that my car now has a SC license plate. They won't be able to find the body of the first person that asks me if I'm from South Carolina.
Old 08.14.2008, 08:41 PM   #6400
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

every-e- you'd love daytona.

josh- haha, i'm glad i don't own a car. other than my id, no evidence whatsoever of my sunshine state upbringing.
270310317318319 320 3213223233303704208201320 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth