Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page they might be giants appreciation thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.25.2006, 08:29 PM   #1
dietzer123
stalker

dietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard sucka
here's a band that is too much of a cult band. it certainly doesn't get the respect it deserves in the indie community. give it up for tmbg!
Old 04.25.2006, 08:36 PM   #2
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
they were the first band i ever saw live. much props to them and their glockenspiel.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 08:48 PM   #3
dietzer123
stalker

dietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard sucka
they were one of my first shows too! they were my first hardcore musical love
Old 04.25.2006, 08:54 PM   #4
Proud Marie
little trouble girl

Proud Marie ain't too shabby
I first discovered the song Doctor Worm on the show Kablam when i was in 3rd grade or so. I have John Henry and Flood. Theyre always fun to give a spin. Sucks that they make childrens music now. Even though they were owned by Disney, they managed to make pretty good music.
Proud Marie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 08:55 PM   #5
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Their children's music isn't all too different anyways.
Old 04.25.2006, 08:57 PM   #6
dietzer123
stalker

i bought it. it's still really good. plus i'm pretty sure the song "i am not your broom" is enciting the proletariat children to rise up and over throw their cruel masters
Old 04.25.2006, 11:03 PM   #7
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
They are a fun band. My favorite song of their's is probably Your Racist Friend.....hell yeah.
Old 04.25.2006, 11:21 PM   #8
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
They are great at writing hooks, Ana Ng is a really easy song to get stuck in your head.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 11:56 PM   #9
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
yea, i have their first 3 cds and love them all. I got see them last year and it was my girlfriend's birthday and they played happy birthday... but not her, it was the sound engineer's birthday, but that was close enough.

I like how creepy and sometime paranod the lyrics to their early songs can be. like 'where your eyes don't go'...
Where your eyes don't go a filthy scarecrow waves its broomstick arms
And does a parody of each unconscious thing you do
When you turn around to look it's gone behind you
On its face it's wearing your confused expression
Where your eyes don't go

Where your eyes don't go a part of you is hovering
It's a nightmare that you'll never be discovering
You're free to come and go or talk like Kurtis Blow
But there's a pair of eyes in back of your head

Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders
What the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of
Should you worry when the skullhead is in front of you
Or is it worse because it's always waiting where your eyes don't go?

awesome
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 12:20 AM   #10
Pax Americana
expwy. to yr skull

Pax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's asses
TMBG are excellent live. I've seen them 3 times I think, and they are always a lot fun.

Give it up for Doctor Worm!
Pax Americana is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 10:46 AM   #11
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
they are fucking amazing. I own 5 of their albums and I love em

and I got a 12" single for DON'T LET'S START (best song ever!) signed by the two Johns.
I love them so much.

it was not not not so great
it was not not not so great!

hey, rent or buy GIGANTIC, the documentary made about TMBG. you will LOVE IT!
It is so choice.
they talk about the deep deep dread and sadness and melancholy and cynicism and jaded self-loathing that pervades their music, from day one.
they sound peppty and can write melodies like nobody's business, but fuck if they do not sing some of the saddest lyrics ever.
Old 04.26.2006, 01:08 PM   #12
nature scene
100%

nature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard sucka
awesome band
nature scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 02:06 PM   #13
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
hey, rent or buy GIGANTIC, the documentary made about TMBG. you will LOVE IT!
It is so choice.
that's not a bad idea. I'll have to remember that next itme im going to rent a movie
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 02:27 PM   #14
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
My good friend/bandmate bought one of those TMBG dvd's for kids for his daughter (she's a year and 7 months). She loves it!
Old 04.26.2006, 04:29 PM   #15
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I remember seeing them jam with Homestar Runner on HR's website. They're great.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 05:08 PM   #16
3x1minus1
little trouble girl

3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses
yaaaay tmbg! i loved them hardcore in high school. i've kinda been listening to them again after downloading their podcasts. i love them.
3x1minus1 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth