Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page So many ladies
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.27.2013, 08:06 PM   #481
Trama
stalker

Trama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
It's actually quite scary that someone would say it isn't.
Did I?
Trama is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.27.2013, 09:14 PM   #482
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trama
Did I?

Didn't you? Just go back, I even quoted it.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.27.2013, 09:19 PM   #483
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
It seems that you don't want to accept the fact that objectification IS part of sexuality, and that the fact that people do strip away others from humanity for the sake of pleasure and play doesn't necessarily equates with sexism.

There you go.

I mean, this thread isn't about that even and I don't even want to comment on that any further.

As if "stripping others from humanity for the sake of pleasure, play" or any other kind of exploitation isn't the core of all discrimination.

But I don't think it's necessary to come here and try to divert the core subject, because it seems to be the same thing other people have been doing.

Old 01.27.2013, 09:35 PM   #484
Trama
stalker

Trama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's asses
That's actually a quote from Midori, a well-known japanese sex writer, author of "The Seductive Art of Japanese Bondage" et al. It doesn't say that.

and pls, as if derailing threads isn't the bread and butter of SYG.

also, you might be partly right about me doing this just to annoy you.
Trama is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.28.2013, 12:34 AM   #485
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

This Thread..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.28.2013, 06:25 AM   #486
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
That's actually a quote from Midori, a well-known japanese sex writer, author of "The Seductive Art of Japanese Bondage" et al. It doesn't say that.

and pls, as if derailing threads isn't the bread and butter of SYG.

also, you might be partly right about me doing this just to annoy you.

Bad timing.
And now you seem to be siding with the worst attitude on this thread.
Nothing anyone can do about it, it's all been said.
You want to show that kind of "character" now it says more about where you stand than anything else.

Old 01.28.2013, 07:30 AM   #487
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
wow. this thread.
read it all yesterday. gives a good example of the condition of this messy place and reminds me of why i don't really post that much. Surprised to see that some of you really using biological reasoning to deal with highly socially determined phenomena.

I think trying to understand, that, even though maybe not actively (or knowingly) taking advantage of your privileged position, doesn't exclude oneself from reproducing hierarchical gender-relations and structural discrimination, should be starting point for further discussion.

body projection by Birgit Jürgenssen
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.28.2013, 08:31 AM   #488
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
wow. this thread.
read it all yesterday. gives a good example of the condition of this messy place and reminds me of why i don't really post that much. Surprised to see that some of you really using biological reasoning to deal with highly socially determined phenomena.

I think trying to understand, that, even though maybe not actively (or knowingly) taking advantage of your privileged position, doesn't exclude oneself from reproducing hierarchical gender-relations and structural discrimination, should be starting point for further discussion.

body projection by Birgit Jürgenssen

please post more!

Old 01.28.2013, 09:22 AM   #489
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
You have no idea how patronizing this sounds.

take it as you will.
Old 01.28.2013, 09:47 AM   #490
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
This has been a good thread though, and has churned up the blood of SYG, drawing in people to discuss something that is as complex as anything in our world, and that will not have any easy answers. Education and discussion are top-shelf with me, and it is good that things get aired out in this way.

The main thing I draw from this whole thing is that I need to keep my comments about women and sexuality , and beautiful ladies, off the SY Board, because text does not convey implied humor, irony, sarcasm, or any kind of subtext, and because it makes the Sonic Youth loving ladies uncomfortable, which was never my intent, and because this is a forum for a band, not for the objectification of women.

I am not a rigid demagogue. I am a supple willow of a Court Jester.

Long live rock n roll.
Old 01.28.2013, 11:16 AM   #491
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
wow, i was at the beer place yesterday having fun, sharing food, telling stories, discussing plans, and i thought about this thread and i realized how ridiculous it was to spend any energy thinking about it.

GLICE: i promised you a response and i would have liked to give it to you, but unfortunately doing it means i have to keep involved in this sorry shitfest.

and i don't know how priviledged you think you are with yoru cis-male-white-as-paper, to dream that people will address you with some sort of deference, but frankly i don't have you that high in my list of priorities to be worth my further involvement in this thread. sorry! cost-benefit issue.

i like you and all, and i think you're a pretty well-read guy, and while i don't see eye to eye with you ideologically, i like to exchange ideas with people of opposing viewpoints, but the thing is, i really don't like your online friend (she reminds me of khchris), and discussing anything with anyone in this little soapbox of hers implies getting involved in petty disputes and the vendettas of the mentally ill. who the fuck has time for this?

Quote:
let me refresh your memory once again:
you were the ONLY person on this board who didn't agree to keep objetification in ONE thread, despite the requests of QUITE A FEW women.
this was a long time ago...
very good memory for someone drunk and derranged.
oh no, i don't forget that sort of thing.

besides, everyone else made it very clear to you: it's blatantly obvious that you never addressed any points raised here but instead took it as an opportunity to try and attack me in every possible low way you could. then changed the tone completely when a man told you off.

in fact, you are reacting the exact same way you did before.

i'll take being a derranged drunk any day over being an insensitive coward.

i mean (still responding to glice here), i like a nice fight and all, because a good fight can be productive, but this whole shit is so totally not worth it that i am laughing at myself for getting involved in it. there are thousands of other venues where it's more fun (and productive) to argue.

alright---see you elsewhere.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.28.2013, 01:14 PM   #492
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
The main thing I draw from this whole thing is that I need to keep my comments about women and sexuality , and beautiful ladies, off the SY Board, because text does not convey implied humor, irony, sarcasm, or any kind of subtext.

Yes, keep your 'benevolent, misunderstood' sexism away from me.

Old 01.28.2013, 01:17 PM   #493
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
wow, i was at the beer place yesterday having fun, sharing food, telling stories, discussing plans, and i thought about this thread and i realized how ridiculous it was to spend any energy thinking about it.

GLICE: i promised you a response and i would have liked to give it to you, but unfortunately doing it means i have to keep involved in this sorry shitfest.

and i don't know how priviledged you think you are with yoru cis-male-white-as-paper, to dream that people will address you with some sort of deference, but frankly i don't have you that high in my list of priorities to be worth my further involvement in this thread. sorry! cost-benefit issue.

i like you and all, and i think you're a pretty well-read guy, and while i don't see eye to eye with you ideologically, i like to exchange ideas with people of opposing viewpoints, but the thing is, i really don't like your online friend (she reminds me of khchris), and discussing anything with anyone in this little soapbox of hers implies getting involved in petty disputes and the vendettas of the mentally ill. who the fuck has time for this?

i mean (still responding to glice here), i like a nice fight and all, because a good fight can be productive, but this whole shit is so totally not worth it that i am laughing at myself for getting involved in it. there are thousands of other venues where it's more fun (and productive) to argue.

alright---see you elsewhere.

somebody should turn this into an actual certificate of cowardice and mail it to him. A+

Old 01.28.2013, 02:07 PM   #494
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yes, keep your 'benevolent, misunderstood' sexism away from me.

That's what I said.
Old 01.28.2013, 02:46 PM   #495
knox
invito al cielo

We got it the first time.

Old 01.28.2013, 02:54 PM   #496
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Let's all become mental eunuchs everyone.
Old 01.28.2013, 03:29 PM   #497
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Littlejohn
Someone told me not to oppress people! Stalinists! Nazis! Next they'll be telling me I can't stamp on babies or make lamps out of Jews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.28.2013, 03:31 PM   #498
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Sad thread is sad.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.28.2013, 05:41 PM   #499
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Let's all become mental eunuchs everyone.

the wang is not in the mind.

don't worry! effeminating anti rape witches will not cause your omnipotent phallus to shrivel by removing it from its transcendental place in your psychotic interior landscape.

in truth it is already rotting. subject to entropy like all things.

no amount of objectification can keep this fact at bay.

perform sutras to let go of passionate attachment to lamentation and glorification of wang.

banish wang angst to the land of wind and ghosts.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.28.2013, 05:46 PM   #500
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

speak for your own cock.
222324 25 26 >
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth