Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What are the Chances this Gay Bill Will Pass?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.23.2007, 08:57 AM   #21
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
I for one don't care much about it, but I have met people who are fervent believers that they should get married. I agree with what most has been said.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2007, 08:59 AM   #22
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
What's so special about marriage anyway? Why is it so important that a couple should validate their relationship in a socially acceptable way? Can't they just be a couple who love one another and be done with it?

marriage is great. it's not easy, but it's worth it.

although I do not see any difference between me being married (with a certificate) and two gay people simply saying "we're married", however it's more of an equal rights issue isn't it?

honestly, I'm really not sure why sanctioned-bigotry is even legal in Amerika today. most gay people I know will say that they didn't choose to be that way, and that they were born into it. my point is: this is not simply some behavioral issue that "requires" restriction by the law and it shouldn't be anybody's business but those that are involved.

although I have no personal stake in this issue, I have a lot of gay friends and I live in the middle of Amerika's bible-belt. ignorance is rife here, and it tends to get under my skin.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2007, 09:27 AM   #23
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i dont know about marriage, i mean its all very well showing your love but when it doesnt work then or when things have taken there toll and your only doing it for someones elses sake then its better to let go and live your life the way you want to. i think its sad if people marry young and then regret it later but then are stuck in their situation, it must be hard to get out of but not impossible. when things are too hard, even though your married then it should end because then you are just wasting your life for something thats not worth it.

time does take its crazy toll.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2007, 09:49 AM   #24
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
marriage is not about men & women or churches or any of that. what we're talking about here is forming a family and having the rights, protections and obligations of a family.

what's being questioned is the right of gay people to form a family. and currently they are being denied. the rest is all a bunch of semantic bullshit.

besides: the state is not a church & it never has been. you don't need a marriage license from the state to have a religious ceremony. and you don't need a religious ceremony to have a civil marriage.

funny how quickly we forget history-- in the XIX century, the catholic church (and other churches) fought against civil marriage because they saw it as a loss in their power and influence. they argued that marriage was a church affair not a matter of state. yet the state has its own reasons to recognize people as members of a family, and so civil marriage is a prevailing feature of life everywhere.

curiously enough, the state of israel is probably the only democracy that does not have civil marriages. the religious orthodox camp has the monopoly on marriage, so than even conservative and reform jews have to have an orthodox marriage. many israelis therefore chose to marry outside their country (cyprus being a favorite due to its proximity) , the state of israel then has to recognize the foreign marriage because of diplomatic reasons.

now i don't know who in america wants to give churches power over matters of state-- wait! republicans do! but sorry, there is separation of church & state, so the chuch should shut the fuck up on who gets a marriage license from the state. they in turn are free to set up their own requirements for marriage upon which the state has no say.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2007, 09:54 AM   #25
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
i dont see anything wrong with gays having some sort of "union" with the same rights as those who are married, but "marriage" should be between a man and a woman.

just my 2 cents.

A "union" that grants gay couples the same rights as married couples would then technically be a marriage because IT WOULD BE THE EXACT SAME THING AS A MARRIAGE. It seems like you have a problem with the word "marriage" being used to describe the union of a gay couple, as opposed to a problem with wanting to separate "marriage" from "union" because of a deeper meaning "marriage" might have. Or is it a Church issue?

Basically what I'm saying is that your post is whack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui7pfVXFUqM

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2007, 09:59 AM   #26
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior

see how easily marriages fall apart??

I'm telling you people....it's SERIOUS BIDNESS.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2007, 10:04 AM   #27
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Hey !@#$%! have you seen this one? Funny shit I tell you.
Old 04.23.2007, 10:07 AM   #28
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly

It proves that internet marriages are weak. They've only been married for just over a week and the cracks are already starting to show.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2007, 10:08 AM   #29
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

!@#$%! will be happy to know they are having marital problems.
Old 04.23.2007, 10:18 AM   #30
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthethicalY

ha ha ha you're more instigator than rob. of course i did. posted 3 times and i'm done with it.

Quote:
!@#$%! will be happy to know they are having marital problems.

i just want what's best for luxy, and crypto is a huuuuge playa. but she's stone-cold, so they can probably inflict equal harm on each other. oy...!!
Old 04.23.2007, 10:20 AM   #31
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

Oh that is my nature, to be an instigator, and let the events follow through and me watching from the bench. Mostly cause I am a writer.
Old 04.23.2007, 10:20 AM   #32
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly

It was doomed from the moment I insisted on having a gay cake-topper.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 04.23.2007, 10:26 AM   #33
sarramkrop

And i thought that it was the ensuing argument because of the photo arrangements. Did you refuse to hold a bottle of vodka in your hand or something similar?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2007, 10:28 AM   #34
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

You must spread before giving it to Porky again.
Old 04.23.2007, 10:37 AM   #35
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
You must spread before giving it to Porky again.

Surely it'd be he giving it to you? You must spread though.
Old 04.23.2007, 10:43 AM   #36
luxinterior
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
And i thought that it was the ensuing argument because of the photo arrangements. Did you refuse to hold a bottle of vodka in your hand or something similar?

Ah yes, I think they call this "irreconcilable differences."

- Sebastian Bach

Old 04.23.2007, 11:28 AM   #37
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
A "union" that grants gay couples the same rights as married couples would then technically be a marriage because IT WOULD BE THE EXACT SAME THING AS A MARRIAGE. It seems like you have a problem with the word "marriage" being used to describe the union of a gay couple, as opposed to a problem with wanting to separate "marriage" from "union" because of a deeper meaning "marriage" might have. Or is it a Church issue?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui7pfVXFUqM

okay, i'll admit, it was pretty whack.
i didnt think that one through quite well.
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2007, 11:32 AM   #38
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
okay, i'll admit, it was pretty whack.
i didnt think that one through quite well.

who said that matriarchy was a thing of the past?

Old 04.23.2007, 11:35 AM   #39
luxinterior
invito al cielo

Pony play!!!!!!!!

- Sebastian Bach

Old 04.27.2007, 04:15 AM   #40
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
What's so special about marriage anyway? Why is it so important that a couple should validate their relationship in a socially acceptable way? Can't they just be a couple who love one another and be done with it?

She said no, didn't she?

Don't worry, Argos will give you a refund on the ring.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth