Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page JADE GOODY
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.09.2009, 12:30 AM   #21
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
R.I.Good riddance
Old 04.09.2009, 06:44 AM   #22
NWRA
children of satan

NWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's asses
I suppose her dying was sad but the way that the newspapers wrote about it was counter-productive in a sense - it changed a real-life tragedy (someone dying of cancer) into a Hallmarks weepie, about a perfect, charming princess who was brave to the end - which was always going to make the cynical (or less-easily-manipulated) react against it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Jade Goody played the media when she was diagnosed with cancer in order to make a shit load of money for her kids. I'd do the same thing if I was in her position. It wasn't her fault that people obsess over things not worth obsessing about. She was just smart enough to capitalise on it.

I found it strange though that everyone (well, the majority of newspaper columnists anyway) said how praiseworthy it was for Jade to make money for her children - the merest mention of words like 'mum', 'the children' and 'charity' makes people too pious in general - and yet nobody pointed-out that her children are millionaires anyway. How much do they need? Did Jade actually give any money to cancer charities? It would have given the whole thing a little more dignity; instead I couldn't rid myself of the thought that it was more vulgar money-grabbing.
NWRA is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2009, 07:05 AM   #23
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
how can you all be so calous, she's the people's princess!
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2009, 01:15 PM   #24
Green_mind
the end of the ugly

Green_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Jade Goody played the media when she was diagnosed with cancer in order to make a shit load of money for her kids. I'd do the same thing if I was in her position. It wasn't her fault that people obsess over things not worth obsessing about. She was just smart enough to capitalise on it.

I'd would do the same too, I thought it was potent when I first heard of it, but if you have an opportunity offered to you like that, can't blame her going for it. She's not worth anything dead.
Green_mind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2009, 01:57 PM   #25
sarramkrop

Didn't she make her kids' mobile phone numbers public, or is that just some internet rumour?

I don't read the papers enough to know the 'truth', but apparently people were ringing both of them up to insult their own mother.

She might have been a nice person, still not everyone needs to care for someone you'd prefer not to know about, but whose face is plastered on everything that allows their face to be plastered on.

It's like appealing to the irrational side of the caring business with imposed grief-making.

So yeah, I'm sorry you died Jade, but really, I bet you wouldn't give a shit if I died of cancer, and I deserve all that dough more than you do while I'm still alive.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2009, 01:58 PM   #26
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
she didnt adhere herself to me personally..i always thought of her as someone who could play the fool easily but she was no fool, she learned quickly..
the sad thing is her demise and anyone who doesnt see the human tragedy in this is a cold hearted bastard.... the kids she leaves behind will always have a huge gap to fill..... very sad way to end..as for the televising of her last days...why the hell wouldmnt she do it..she used the media to her advantage...one day being slagged off by them, the next lapping her up like a saucer of milk....she profited in uit for her kids future...what mother wouldnt...... fair play to you jade.... well played!
Old 04.09.2009, 02:14 PM   #27
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses

Old 04.09.2009, 02:18 PM   #28
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Why the hell was the media so in love with her anyways? I mean, she was just some former Big Brother contestant. Of course it's terrible when a person dies of cancer at a young age but can anyone tell me why she was supposed to be something special?

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2009, 02:33 PM   #29
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
She was a fetish for the middle classes, the pigshit thick deprived person who represents the 'working class', the lumpen proles from shithole no-where with no aspiration other than to make money for no ostensible reason. Woebetide anyone in the media who comes from a council estate but isn't (shock horror etc) thick as all hell.

Y'know, apart from Billy Bragg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2009, 02:37 PM   #30
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses

Maybe this? naaahhhh

Old 04.09.2009, 02:39 PM   #31
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
Why the hell was the media so in love with her anyways?

Because your average person is in love with her, of course.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2009, 02:48 PM   #32
sarramkrop

How can you start a thread about Jade Goody, and then say that you don't care, anyway? Hmmmm....
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2009, 02:49 PM   #33
sarramkrop

why am I being such a bitch? Hmmmm....
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2009, 02:50 PM   #34
sarramkrop

It's like a cancer. Hmmmm.....
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2009, 03:29 PM   #35
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
The British middle classes can only deal with two types of people: clever and stupid. What they can't handle is smart. And Jade Goody, whatever else she may have been, was definitely smart.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2009, 03:38 PM   #36
sarramkrop

How many peoiple from those backgrounds do you know to say that? And what about the upper classes? I don't understand what you mean.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2009, 03:42 PM   #37
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

all I knows is british chicks have tight coopappies.

or so I've heard....
ha ha ha

everyone loves a human train wreck. and that is what jade goodballs was. americans of all classes ad types were fascinated watching anna nicole self-destruct. "better her than me"
Old 04.09.2009, 03:47 PM   #38
Kegmama
empty page

Kegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
How can you start a thread about Jade Goody, and then say that you don't care, anyway? Hmmmm....

I thought the same thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
why am I being such a bitch? Hmmmm....

Becuz that's what you're good at...
That is why we get along so well.

Kegmama is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2009, 07:03 PM   #39
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
how can you all be so calous, she's the people's princess!

here here!

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2009, 07:25 PM   #40
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
The British middle classes can only deal with two types of people: clever and stupid. What they can't handle is smart. And Jade Goody, whatever else she may have been, was definitely smart.

I reckon she was just an expert in that particular field (tabloid promotion) rather than smart, i dont sense she could have applied herself to ANYTHING.

But on a more important note, your signatures continue to blow my mind. And has anyone seen Charlie Brookers Newswipe? Its a bloody great load of beauty.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth