Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Hank Williams.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.08.2010, 07:48 AM   #41
kinn
the destroyed room

kinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asses
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:m...edneck.jpg&t=1

kinn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2010, 07:58 AM   #42
kinn
the destroyed room

kinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asses

Old 12.08.2010, 09:03 AM   #43
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
KINN have you been following me around taking pictures of the scenery?

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2010, 09:06 AM   #44
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinn

It's my neighbors!!!!! hahahahahhahhahahahahaaaaaaaaa

Old 12.08.2010, 09:07 AM   #45
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
The songs he sang on the Melvins' "Crybaby" are fantastic. Sounds eerily like his grandfather.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ann ashtray again.

Old 12.08.2010, 09:10 AM   #46
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
i can't believe there's a country related thread on sy gossip

i thought we only talked about shitty genres from the 90s

luke the drifter is fucking great obvsly

IT is FUCKING GREAT
yall wait till i get the nassau news paper i'll post you some true neck shit. Deer kill of the week any one

Old 12.08.2010, 09:33 AM   #47
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
senior is tops but III has done some cool shit. Can't post links right now. On the bberry. But long hauls and close calls is great. There r also some bootlegs floating round with him playing with the melvins, Dwayne dennison and I think he's still playing with assjacks. Goth hick shit.

Here yall go if yr interested. Some of this shit really is pretty cool. I went to see him live but had to leave before he played cuz we got too fucked up on xtacy
I like this one alot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIjNiX6GVrc

the story of my life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAiO0...eature=related

This one is one of my favorites it is very well done
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNRWpMw9SXc

One more (my brother frequents the mud bogs as weekend entertainment hahahhah)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU_gWnhRbC4&playnext=1&list=PL77CB010B2E29 47F2&index=38

Old 12.08.2010, 09:35 AM   #48
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
C'mon, it's hardly that difficult to ignore kinn if you can't be bothered with it. He's a lot funnier than most people trying to be funny. And, more importantly, who doesn't associate country with rednecks and confederates? Hank was brilliant, but he's definitely a huge part of this 'old timey' America. Biographically it's fairly well-known that he was a bit of a womaniser, and there's definitely a hint that he may have been 'romantically involved' with a certain underage member of the Carter family who possibly went on to marry Johnny Cash. This doesn't take much away from his music, for me, but that's mostly because he is significantly better than the majority of proper cunts in country. Although, having said that, I do really like Toby Keith.

Womanizers exist everywhere. Fuck, JFK was a womanizer. And underage girls, really? This has absolutely nothing to do with the south or country music, as I can only imagine most stars of his stature ranging from his time up 'till the early 80's were involved w/ underage girls (seriously, there is no shortage of stories on this topic floating about). Some still get mixed up in this sort of thing, it's just much more difficult to get away with it these days in these days.

Led Zep fucked a girl with a shark, + Hank was fuckin' June Carter...hype, man. Speculation. Fun, yes...but not worth taking seriously and like you yourself this shouldn't take away from the music.

And no doubt, the guy is indeed still a part of "old timey" south. I say this because most newer fans of the genre seldom even seem to know who the guy is, and when they do 9 times out of 10 it's "my parents/grandparents listened to that", and it's left at just that. That said, even in Hanks death he has successfully managed to break barriers. Nick Cave is a huge fan, Steve Shelley is a fan, there was a compilation of Hank music released some years ago aimed at "alternative music fans", other post mortem compilations have been aimed at the fans who dig the "blusier" aspects of his music. Today, at least around here (the heart of what most not-in-the-know would consider "redneck country") most younger fans of his music come from a more punk rock background. Rockabilly kids, psychobilly (a term I absolutely hate) kids, punk rock kids are championing his music more than anyone else. Fucker was more of a rebel than any John Lennon, and I don't give a shit what anyone has to say about that, either. His music happened to be brutally honest, full of intense emotion (something lacking in most all today's mainstream country music)...ranging from the sad and lonesome tunes, to other more rockin'/fun shit. He was an artist, and the ignorant (like kinn) seem to want to water down this fact by posting pictures of an era of "redneck'' which has little-no-NOTHING to do with the world Hank grew up in as well as the world he's managed to have a massive impact on...an impact he himself in no way could have realized.

Almost never met a Hank fan I didn't like.

I've met tons of kinns I didn't like, though. They are a dime a fucking dozen. Smoking cigarettes and talking about shit they know nearly nothing about in mall parking lots + on online forums.
Old 12.08.2010, 09:50 AM   #49
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

[quote=ann ashtray]

And no doubt, the guy is indeed still a part of "old timey" south. I say this because most newer fans of the genre seldom even seem to know who the guy is, and when they do 9 times out of 10 it's "my parents/grandparents listened to that", and it's left at just that. That said, even in Hanks death he has successfully managed to break barriers. Nick Cave is a huge fan, Steve Shelley is a fan, there was a compilation of Hank music released some years ago aimed at "alternative music fans", other post mortem compilations have been aimed at the fans who dig the "blusier" aspects of his music. Today, at least around here (the heart of what most not-in-the-know would consider "redneck country") most younger fans of his music come from a more punk rock background. Rockabilly kids, psychobilly (a term I absolutely hate) kids, punk rock kids are championing his music more than anyone else. Fucker was more of a rebel than any John Lennon, and I don't give a shit what anyone has to say about that, either. His music happened to be brutally honest, full of intense emotion (something lacking in most all today's mainstream country music)...ranging from the sad and lonesome tunes, to other more rockin'/fun shit. He was an artist, and the ignorant (like kinn) seem to want to water down this fact by posting pictures of an era of "redneck'' which has little-no-NOTHING to do with the world Hank grew up in as well as the world he's managed to have a massive impact on...an impact he himself in no way could have realized.
quote]

The Hank III fans are of this nature. I went through a Hank III Hank Sr Johnny Cash obession for about a year. I was explorin my ol country roots. I would NEVER listen to any of that shit before, but here it is about our lives and it has expanded into the world of punk in a big way. I'm not sure if that is bad or not. Like I said before I went to see Hank III the group of fans was not what I expected. Not trying to be judgemental, but this is Jacksonville, Fl Most were uneducated trash gothed out wearin hank and cash shirts or stupid chicks decked out in june carter punkish outfits. Another reason why we did not stay, the vibe was dissapointing.

Hank SR was def an ol southern boy with all of the good and bad that comes along with it, but he sang and wrote his soul and has helped alot of us mixed up cuntry folk through some hard days. So i'm not gonna let that aspect detract from his music that I love and the memories it brings me. Fuck I have to love my white trash redneck family members all like 100 of them. You can only understand if you have grown up around (edit: in) this shit. I chose to not be like them, but they are still my blood and you cannot live without yr blood. I just find humor in it they are lovable chracters.

Old 12.08.2010, 09:56 AM   #50
kinn
the destroyed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
blah blah blah
Almost never met a Hank fan I didn't like.

I've met tons of kinns I didn't like, though. They are a dime a fucking dozen. Smoking cigarettes and talking about shit they know nearly nothing about in mall parking lots + on online forums.

there's only one swa alright, and thats' punishment enough.
Old 12.08.2010, 09:58 AM   #51
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

will yall stop picking at each other

Old 12.08.2010, 10:22 AM   #52
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
n'ik is pretty cool.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2010, 10:30 AM   #53
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

he is

Old 12.08.2010, 10:54 AM   #54
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Cool thread! I truly realized how great he was when I was about 14. I got 40 greatest hits and that was enough to make me a fan forever..
There's some speculation that Hank Jr. is not really the son of Hank Sr. I believe his Mom changed his name.. Regardless, Jr. always got my nerves, but Sr. wrote great songs and great melodies.
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2010, 10:56 AM   #55
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm increasingly beginning to think of Sonic Gail in relation to scenes in carnivale.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2010, 11:04 AM   #56
kinn
the destroyed room

Old 12.08.2010, 11:05 AM   #57
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I'm increasingly beginning to think of Sonic Gail in relation to scenes in carnivale.

hahahahah

cool

Old 12.08.2010, 01:31 PM   #58
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
one of my favorite songs ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMCvC6h54CY

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2010, 01:57 PM   #59
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
it's fairly well-known that he was a bit of a womaniser,.

and whats wrong with that?
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2010, 02:09 PM   #60
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I look up to the womaniser as being something I'm too nerdy to be.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth