Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Einstuerzende Neubauten
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.18.2008, 09:58 AM   #141
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
alles wieden offen is an amazingly excellent album. and the much forgotten ende neu is also as good as any of their mid 80s work.... they are like the fall, always changing but always the same.
Old 04.18.2008, 10:02 AM   #142
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
hmm, no previously rumoured irish date! they never have played here!

they have! i saw them in the temple bar music centre a couple of years ago-it was brilliant but as the venue is so small they couldn't use all their equipment!

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2008, 06:23 PM   #143
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Today's Vienna gig was just awesome! We came just about in time (in the middle of the first song) but the band slayed hard. They all were in a very good mood, goofing around and so. My highlights - "Weil weil weil", "Unvollstendigkeit", "Von Wegen", "Let's Do It a Da Da" and "Die Befindligkeit Des Landes". And also a song in the very end of the encore that I did not know (full of pipe and metal banging action, A Thousand Threads might have a clue which one that was).

And, I also had a celebrity touch, during the last song N.U.Unruh wanted to pass beside me in the crowd so he said to me "Endschuldigen Sie, kann ich?". And i said, "Ja".

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2008, 01:51 AM   #144
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
http://youtube.com/watch?v=g-J4FXp5g2Q

i don't know if these videos were posted anywhere but i think they are really funny even though i barely understand what blixa is saying.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2008, 05:01 AM   #145
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic sphere
they have! i saw them in the temple bar music centre a couple of years ago-it was brilliant but as the venue is so small they couldn't use all their equipment!

what??????????????

why was i not informed???????????????

bollocks... how did i miss that. neubauten in the music centre.... fucking hell. id say the sound was pretty shocking!
Old 05.29.2008, 05:05 AM   #146
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
okay this thread has reminded me
where the fuck is sonicl?
Old 05.29.2008, 05:13 AM   #147
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

good question!
Old 05.29.2008, 05:21 AM   #148
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
he has 10,000 posts exactly so maybe he decided to quit at 10,000?
Old 05.29.2008, 05:23 AM   #149
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2008, 06:15 AM   #150
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
sonicl might not be returning here ever again.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2008, 08:10 AM   #151
Semperet
little trouble girl

Semperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
good question!

I was at the Temple Bar gig, during the tour for Perpetuum Mobile, whatever year that was. It was fairly stunning, with Blixa nice and burnt out, drolly chatting about his inability to do what he used to do because of lifestyle choices. Couple of highlights were Dead Friends and that one about the hotel room, both from Mobile. They even used the turntable from the cover, blown into with compressed air. Think they finished with Kollaps--rings a bell (or shoud that be beats a sheet of metal).
They were a band I never thought I'd get to see.
But...
they sold CDs of the show, ready ten minutes after coming offstage. I have copy 15 (I think, I'm not home). If you don't mind the fact that a track break is inserted when there's two seconds of silence in the mix, it's a good listen. I don't know how rapidshare might cope with it--and I haven't a clue yet how to use it--so if you pm me I'll get yr address and burn it for you. You have my email from the Battles gig--I was the one on about Haino and Rallizes.
For the record, my favourite Neubauten are:
That live Brussels concert;
Tabula Rasa, especially Headcleaner, Blume, Der Interimsliebenden, shit, the whole thing;
Ende Neu, particularly NNNAAAMMM and Stella Maris, and of course
The Garden--I love the way he sings "consciousness".
and Negativ Nein from Strategies...1.
Hey! First post! Where's my helium balloon and party hat?
Semperet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2008, 08:24 AM   #152
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
so which old songs are they playing this tour?
i didn't go this tour because the 2004 and 2005 shows i saw were nearly identical (even with the same blixa jokes!), plus the last album was a bit disappointing to me, from 1-2 listenings.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.30.2008, 04:00 PM   #153
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semperet
I was at the Temple Bar gig, during the tour for Perpetuum Mobile, whatever year that was. It was fairly stunning, with Blixa nice and burnt out, drolly chatting about his inability to do what he used to do because of lifestyle choices. Couple of highlights were Dead Friends and that one about the hotel room, both from Mobile. They even used the turntable from the cover, blown into with compressed air. Think they finished with Kollaps--rings a bell (or shoud that be beats a sheet of metal).
They were a band I never thought I'd get to see.
But...
they sold CDs of the show, ready ten minutes after coming offstage. I have copy 15 (I think, I'm not home). If you don't mind the fact that a track break is inserted when there's two seconds of silence in the mix, it's a good listen. I don't know how rapidshare might cope with it--and I haven't a clue yet how to use it--so if you pm me I'll get yr address and burn it for you. You have my email from the Battles gig--I was the one on about Haino and Rallizes.
For the record, my favourite Neubauten are:
That live Brussels concert;
Tabula Rasa, especially Headcleaner, Blume, Der Interimsliebenden, shit, the whole thing;
Ende Neu, particularly NNNAAAMMM and Stella Maris, and of course
The Garden--I love the way he sings "consciousness".
and Negativ Nein from Strategies...1.
Hey! First post! Where's my helium balloon and party hat?

ha1 welcome aboard my firend!!!! welcome!
Old 05.30.2008, 04:04 PM   #154
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
he has 10,000 posts exactly so maybe he decided to quit at 10,000?

Here you go sweetheart. http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...postcount=1074
✌➬ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.30.2008, 05:07 PM   #155
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
Always wanted to like them cuz they're so cool...just their style alone is mysterious and arty and challenging. I've heard bits of them here and there so i'm gonna have to read more from this thread and take some advice and try something from them..

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.30.2008, 06:18 PM   #156
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

rice.. DONT LISTEN TO EM IN BITS you wont get the full picture.. best bet... get the 3 strategies against archietecture albums and then work off them.... the booklets with them give great insight into the recordings and such. total understanding leads to great respect! my first hearing of them was strategies vol 2... after that.... you cant go wrong.......
Old 06.07.2008, 01:47 AM   #157
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
here's a clip of abwarts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxR4OHcn5jE
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.07.2008, 02:30 AM   #158
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Can someone please upload an album or two of these guys for me? I haven't checked in awhile, but the last time I checked in the stores the cd prices were silly.
Old 06.07.2008, 04:56 AM   #159
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J
Can someone please upload an album or two of these guys for me? I haven't checked in awhile, but the last time I checked in the stores the cd prices were silly.
This post made me realise how ridiculous the prices are. I've spent more than $130 (AU) in total for four of their albums.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2009, 09:49 AM   #160
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
neubauten.org newsletter:

Hello friends and fans,

We wish you a healthy and inspiring 2009!

Since your reactions to our Christmas newsletter turned out to be quite positive, we would like to tell you about the next sensational event for the start of the new year.

Alexander Hacke’s private CD collection is threatening to burst at the seams, and as a result he has reluctantly decided to part with some of his treasures. So, whoever has always wanted to know what music inspired Alexander Hacke in recent years can now contact us by e-mail to purchase approx. 600 recordings – boxed in 5 packing cases – for the unbeatable price of €1500. We would prefer that the future owner pick up this entire collection from us directly, since most of the CDs are in perfect condition and we do not wish to take responsibility for guaranteeing undamaged delivery. Nevertheless, a shipment by courier is possible on request, although the costs and the risks associated must be borne by the buyer alone. This is a one-time occurrence and consequently we intend to accept the request of the first seriously interested bidder!

We would also like to mention that we will be extending our back catalogue this year with some of the Einstürzende Neubauten albums that are now becoming hard to find. You’ll find all the information about these re-releases in our upcoming newsletter.

So stay tuned!

AND - the following news have just reached us:
Alexander Hacke has won the award for best film music for the film "Fuori dalle corde" von Fulvio Bernasconi (Italie / Suisse) at the FESTIVAL INTERNATIONAL DU PREMIER FILM D'ANNONAY in France.
Congratulations!!!

All the best!
Your neubauten.org team

blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth