Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Anybody here into running?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.25.2010, 09:08 PM   #41
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
Running during winter is just shit, there's either too much snow (=slippery roads) or too much rain. I don't mind running in the rain during spring or summer, but during cold winters... fuck that.

it's the opposite here in alburqueque. it's very dry, the winter is fine, but the summer is unbearably fucking hot-- luckily there's no humidity to make it really sticky and gross but the sun is murderous, the atmosphere is thin as paper and the UV rays drill holes through all layers of your skin and char your bones.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.25.2010, 11:07 PM   #42
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I had the Bobby Peru avatar before. I was asked by 5 people to take it down.

RUN! the Bobby haters are coming.

Damn, really? I hate to be unoriginal in my avatar choice. I had Bobby at another forum, and the kiddies there seemed genuinely fucked up about it.

On topic: Today I ran 60min (about 13.5km) then finished off with 4 "strides" of 24-25-21-21sec. That seems to be my favourite session. These days I run 4x a week. For fitness and sanity mostly, not for race-prep.

I think if we talk about our weekly running, we can help each other along.

For the record - the 2 miles in 10min person - that's BITCHIN.
Old 02.25.2010, 11:09 PM   #43
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i like a bit of a run, but i hate people.

You can do both. ie 99.999% of all the running I ever did was alone - by choice - I like it that way - it's MY time, running is.
Old 02.25.2010, 11:13 PM   #44
Skuj
invito al cielo

Quote:
I run a bit.... well, let's say I recently started again after slacking for too long. I've never been really fanatic, my best period was a couple of years ago when I would run 10km in about 55 minutes 2-3 times a week.

At the moment I'm far away from that and really need to push myself to put on my trainers sometimes, whereas in the past there were weeks when I'd feel the urge to go out running every day. I guess that feeling will come back again when my condition has improved a bit and the weather gets gradually better.

Running during winter is just shit, there's either too much snow (=slippery roads) or too much rain. I don't mind running in the rain during spring or summer, but during cold winters... fuck that.

Somebody should bump this thread in the summer to motivate us all!

Yeah....I'm a lucky sob living on Vancouver Island. I remember what winters were like in Manitoba and Ontario. It rains a lot here, but I can handle that. Dressing in 5 layers, sock on cock, facemask on, icicles forming all over my eyebrows - that was never fun when I lived elsewhere.
Old 07.20.2010, 06:59 PM   #45
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
I've been loving running lately. I tried to start a habit last year and I ended up getting angry and fed up, trying to stick strictly to a program so I could better monitor progress.

This time, it's happening more because I just have all this motherfucking energy lately. So I take the usual walking route around this lake nearby, and kick out the last legs of it running, to make sure I burn out every shred of energy I have left. And it's been going awesomely. I think it would be a huge accomplishment to be able to go marathon distances, to have that kind of mental and physical bond.
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2010, 07:09 PM   #46
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
ive been getting into running recently, in the last few months ive slimmed myself down quite a bit from it. But since starting a new job im generally too tired to do so.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2010, 07:23 PM   #47
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
I fucking hate exercising!
I miss the good old days of youth where all you had to do is run out into the neighborhood to find a pick up game of football or baseball or smear the queer. *sigh*
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2010, 08:49 PM   #48
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
nice job, ikara. Yeah, changes of habit are tough, they can seem superior to what you want.

smear the queer? is that some sort of fun game where you tie your crush to a chair and grind yourself onto their legs?
Old 07.22.2010, 02:20 AM   #49
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Somebody should bump this thread in the summer to motivate us all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alteredcourse
I've been loving running lately. I tried to start a habit last year and I ended up getting angry and fed up, trying to stick strictly to a program so I could better monitor progress.

This time, it's happening more because I just have all this motherfucking energy lately. So I take the usual walking route around this lake nearby, and kick out the last legs of it running, to make sure I burn out every shred of energy I have left. And it's been going awesomely. I think it would be a huge accomplishment to be able to go marathon distances, to have that kind of mental and physical bond.

Thanks for the bump. I'll get to it right away!
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2010, 02:29 AM   #50
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Running runs in the family.

I did cross-country running in middle school and was the best on the team.

Then I got bored with that and stopped running. The end.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2010, 12:06 AM   #51
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Thanks for the bump. I'll get to it right away!

How are you doing with that? I hope you've punched your ass out the door.

I work best by doing it at a time when I'm not thinking at all, I sort of slip the thought through the back door of my brain and put the shoes on and open the door and just go...telling myself it's just a walk, but hell, by the time I'm out there I realize I have all this energy that I need to release....so good!

I've been going three times a week, I can run a solid 10 minutes (which is so nice for me) plus taking a break and running for a few more minutes.

The other day, I had Arvo Part's Tabula Rasa on my ipod, and it was so perfect because all the songs before summa had built me up on my long walk towards the run, and then summa (which is the song that brought me to him, I adore that song) took me coasting through the last few minutes of the running and it just felt so good. Then a few songs later that really slow lullaby piano type song came out right when I was cooling down and walking slowly towards home, OH it was just so perfect!

P-braddles, would you run these days for the fun of it?
Old 08.01.2010, 12:55 AM   #52
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Running runs in the family.

I did cross-country running in middle school and was the best on the team.

then I got introduced to marijuana, and

Then I got bored with that and stopped running. The end.

I edited it for you for accuracy. sorry, I just wanted to turn it into a public service announcement.

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2010, 02:10 AM   #53
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
If you're looking for accuracy in my case, you're mistaken. I wasn't introduced to marijuana till later. But PSA, sure.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2010, 02:48 AM   #54
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
I much prefer to ride my bike, but I have a friend who used to run a whole lot. He'd way overdo it though and always end up throwing up.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2010, 11:41 AM   #55
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
As a former runner my biggest claim to a fame a 10 mile race with a 1000 ft incline at the 5 mile mark in 85.41 at 43 years of age not blazing by any means but I was happy with it. These days I just walk my knees are shot.
The best tip I can offer is to repeat Glice's training long run once a week, a couple of short runs and definately 2 or 3 days a week for rest. At first I used to run everyday for probably 2 years and then I found when I took the rest periods every week I was stronger. My only problem was I smoked to much dope so I ate like crazy and I never lost any weight when I was running which was a period of about 10 years or so. I used to love swimming to a mile a day when training but still because of the weed I never lost weight.
Old 08.01.2010, 11:46 AM   #56
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka
As a former runner my biggest claim to a fame a 10 mile race with a 1000 ft incline at the 5 mile mark in 85.41 at 43 years of age not blazing by any means but I was happy with it. These days I just walk my knees are shot.
The best tip I can offer is to repeat Glice's training long run once a week, a couple of short runs and definately 2 or 3 days a week for rest. At first I used to run everyday for probably 2 years and then I found when I took the rest periods every week I was stronger. My only problem was I smoked to much dope so I ate like crazy and I never lost any weight when I was running which was a period of about 10 years or so. I used to love swimming to a mile a day when training but still because of the weed I never lost weight.

have you considered changing your way of running, to a "shoeless" style? sneakers make people land on the heel but shoeless runners (kenyans, etc) do it differently

http://www.boston.com/news/health/ar...ay_spare_feet/

i've been applying that to my treadmill (just some thing i do in between weightlifting days) & it'z zero back/knee pain.

swimming btw is does not promote weight loss but great hunger-- maybe it was that & not the weed that kept your munchies
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth