Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Fleet Foxes
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.16.2009, 05:03 PM   #61
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I like AatJ but only on his own records. I hate it when he guests on other people's. It's like some poor guy's trying to make a nice bit of left-field dinner-party music only to have the whole thing capsize because some big fuck off slab of camp self-loathing has started screaming all over the shop about wanting to be a bird.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2009, 05:05 PM   #62
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I like AatJ but only on his own records. I hate it when he guests on other people's. It's like some poor guy's trying to make a nice bit of left-field dinner-party music only to have the whole thing capsize because some big fuck off slab of camp self-loathing has started screaming about wanting to be a bird.
reverse that. i liked him only on that 'hercules and love affair' affair.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2009, 05:14 PM   #63
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I've not heard that, I must admit. I like him but he's too much at times. I've preordered the new album which I expect will be more of the same. He's someone I really have to be in the mood for - and when I am in the mood, he's probably the last person I should be listening to. If that makes sense.
Old 01.16.2009, 05:30 PM   #64
sarramkrop

If I'm honest, after repeated listenings he sounds like a depressed Boy George without the prison sentence. The video for that 'Blind' song' is quite terrible, it's like Ladytron directed it. I'm exasperated by people calling this an alternative to anything, with all the patience I'm willing to put in.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2009, 05:36 PM   #65
demonrail666
invito al cielo

He is an odd one, I agree. Definitely not any kind of an 'alternative' to anything. I think my main problem with him is the limitations of what he does. I mean how much longer can he carry on saying the same old thing, in the same old way? (shit, I just remembered I'm a Ramones fan - scratch that)
Old 01.16.2009, 05:41 PM   #66
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I think he should do a covers record. His version of Lou Reed's Perfect Day (on the Raven) is pretty alright. I like some of his songs, but I can't abide a whole album. Cripple and the Starfish/ Fistful of Love - great songs. But he's by no means an alternative, but there's never anything wrong with good songs sung well (he just needs the good songs bit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2009, 05:45 PM   #67
sarramkrop

He has a song I like, I don't know what it's called. I couldn't bear that voice for anything more than a few minutes without feeling suicidal. I'm not saying he isn't talented at all, just fucking boring.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2009, 06:13 PM   #68
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
They're not bad, but not noteworthy.
Old 01.16.2009, 07:45 PM   #69
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Who likes that fucking crap? I heard them for the first time today, is that what people buy when they're waiting for the next Corrs record to come out?

you wish.

the corrs have a few decent tunes and i'd tap the lead singer.

i can't say the same for the shit foxes.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2009, 06:35 AM   #70
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
its ok but its not like the greatest thing ever like what everyone says...
Old 01.17.2009, 09:41 AM   #71
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
The reverb-drenched vocals annoy me a lot (while I usually think reverb can be fine with some voices - it depends on the timbre I guess), and the music just sounds flat to me.
Old 01.17.2009, 09:29 PM   #72
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn Curtain
The reverb-drenched vocals annoy me a lot (while I usually think reverb can be fine with some voices - it depends on the timbre I guess), and the music just sounds flat to me.

We're talking about fleet foxes, not vivian girls.
Old 01.18.2009, 05:49 AM   #73
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
We're talking about fleet foxes, not vivian girls.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth