Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Last Movie You Saw
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.01.2006, 02:34 AM   #1
sonikold
children of satan

sonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's asses
ALPHAVILLE

Lemmy Caution is a fucking badass. i haven't seen any other godard besides this and weekend, but i'm definitely going to check some out.

sonikold is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2006, 03:04 AM   #2
Grete
the destroyed room

Grete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's asses
Alien

SONIC YOUTH ITALIA
Grete is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2006, 05:21 AM   #3
khchris
little trouble girl

khchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud of
Spielberg's comedy smash, "Schlinder's List"
khchris is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2006, 05:31 AM   #4
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Arabian Nights - Pasolini

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2006, 05:34 AM   #5
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
the big lobowski, last night, it was great really funny.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2006, 06:08 AM   #6
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
i love the big lebowski aka the dude or el duderino .
Steve Buscemi is funny in that movie.
Old 05.01.2006, 06:10 AM   #7
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trasher02
i love the big lebowski aka the dude or el duderino .
Steve Buscemi is funny in that movie.

he just get told to "shut the fuck up" through the whole thing, its great!
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2006, 08:17 AM   #8
johnnywinternoshow
the end of the ugly

johnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's asses
The Dude: "It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh..."
Donny: "I am the walrus."
The Dude: "You know what I'm trying to say..."
Walter Sobchak: "That fucking bitch..."
Donny: "I am the walrus."
Walter Sobchak: "Shut the fuck up, Donny! V.I. Lenin! Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov!"

The last movie I watched was The Wizard with Fred Savage in it. Saw a torrent of it and immediately went down nostalgia lane. I don't remember it sucking anywhere near as much as it does, although when I was watching it this time I was remembering my excitement seeing the nintendo power glove and the first sight of mario 3
johnnywinternoshow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2006, 08:21 AM   #9
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
I watched Just Friends yesterday. I thought I hadn't seen it before but everything seemed really familiar. I must have been really baked or something haha.

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2006, 08:36 AM   #10
DemonBox
the end of the ugly

DemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's asses
i saw King Kong a couple of days ago.. i think it sucked. just like all of the stupid Lord Of The Ring movies..Phew, good to finally admit it..
DemonBox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2006, 08:38 AM   #11
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
-scramingskull-
"The Big Lewbowski" is a fucking classic. Have you ever seen "Raising Arizona"? It was written & directed by the Coen brother's as well.

Now, the last movie I saw, well, besides "Raising Arizona" & "The Big Lewbowski", "Where The Buffalo Roam". W/ Bill Murray as Dr. Hunter S. Thompson.
(music by: Neil Young)
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2006, 08:40 AM   #12
pao-lino
bad moon rising

pao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's asses
ywsterday night I watched "ma vie en rose", by Alain Berliner.
very strong movie, talks about a 10ca yrs old transgender boy in belgium and his hard relationships with his parents... in many scenes the reactions of hi parents, his neighbors, his principal are very sadic and frustrating...

the day before I watched the scanners by cronenberg- I found two dvd (this one and "the tie that bins") in one box at 9 euro! good deal, it was the same collection of other two I found together (dead man-wow, I like that- and suspiria by d.argento), but yeah... these were kind of bmovies...the scanners is weird...
pao-lino is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2006, 08:46 AM   #13
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
I liked the Lord of the Rings movies, I have no desire at all to see King Kong though.

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2006, 08:58 AM   #14
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
I know what you did last summer....

...big mistake
Old 05.01.2006, 08:59 AM   #15
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
I took in a 70's double bill last night... The Sugarland Express

+ Carrie

I especially love 70's movies from the mainstream as well as from the underground... quite often you can't tell them apart, which you definitely could not say about mainstream cinema in the 00's.

There was room for experimentation, which I find both exciting and inspiring... even Spielberg was at it!.
Also (With certain exceptions of course) the cinematography was much more interesting then... in terms of lighting, composition and creative freedom.

Unfortunately the last new release that I went to see was Silent Hill... now I'm no snob and enjoy cult genre trash as much as the next guy but I really think that something died inside of me as a result of exposing myself to this badly put together hotch potch of CGI clichés... I know I only have myself to blame and forced myself to go because I really love the computer game. (Especially Silent Hill 2) I was hoping that at least a tiny modicum of the games creepy atmosphere would translate onto the big screen...

I should have known better.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2006, 09:16 AM   #16
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
lemmy caution fucking rules!!

he happens to be in my desktop backround

first i had this one (much bigger of course):

now i got one of him and "natacha von braun" (ha hah)
can't find a thumbnail... i google & get mostly a crappy 80's band
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2006, 09:23 AM   #17
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I saw Silent Hill. It's the best videogame-to-movie adaptation there is, and it captured the creepy atmosphere some times. The acting was bad, though, and the little girl was fucking annoying. Her voice is annoying. I hate her.

But yeah, it was better than the Resident Evil movies, and I liked the camera angles and such. I'd give it three out of five.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2006, 11:46 AM   #18
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

Disgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's asses
Closer, Natalie Portman is super cute.

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Disgruntled Youth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2006, 12:44 PM   #19
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
I saw Silent Hill. It's the best videogame-to-movie adaptation there is, and it captured the creepy atmosphere some times. The acting was bad, though, and the little girl was fucking annoying. Her voice is annoying. I hate her.

But yeah, it was better than the Resident Evil movies, and I liked the camera angles and such. I'd give it three out of five.

without having seen it, i'm gonna go with toxic johnny's opinion on this one
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2006, 01:32 PM   #20
Amaranth
bad moon rising

Amaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud of
I watched Lost In Translation on Saturday night. It was alright. I would have expected a much cooler movie with the title. That is, the movie reflected the title loosley, and in a way that actually could have brought me to tears at the end, especially with Bill Murray (my secret crush in Ghostbusters) as the leading man. I love to watch Japanese culture in action, it entertains me to no end. I think I just wanted more out of the movie, but I can't describe exsactly what. Perhaps less talking, better cinamatography, and more symbolic shots filmed more slowly. But thats not very Hollywood is it? For a Hollywood hit, it was not too bad.
Amaranth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth