Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Oscar nominations announced!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.23.2007, 07:10 PM   #1
LittlePuppetBoy
expwy. to yr skull

LittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.imdb.com/features/rto/2007/oscars

some really pleasant surprises in there.

LittlePuppetBoy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2007, 07:41 PM   #2
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
The Oscars are such a load of shit.

Even the briefest glance at the Academy's track record will show you that they've always been the safest, most tasteless, boring and unintelligent bunch of Hollywood fuckwits ever to band together.

Forrest Gump is better than Pulp Fiction? Ordinary People is better than Raging Bull and The Elephant Man? Please...
Katy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2007, 07:52 PM   #3
cuetzpalin
the end of the ugly

cuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy

Even the briefest glance at the Academy's track record will show you that they've always been the safest, most tasteless, boring and unintelligent bunch of Hollywood fuckwits ever to band together.

Forrest Gump is better than Pulp Fiction? Ordinary People is better than Raging Bull and The Elephant Man? Please...

it's only a question of mainstream and alternative. it's not about the real quality in my opinion

Co-founder of uber-kool outsiders' club.
member of Pookie's fan club
cuetzpalin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2007, 08:52 PM   #4
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Hey the Oscars are on my birthday.
Alex's Trip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2007, 09:33 PM   #5
timtimtim
children of satan

timtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud of
The Oscars are much better than the Grammys atleast.
I think the list is pretty decent this year with Little Miss Sunshine and Pans Labyrinth recieving nominations
timtimtim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2007, 10:35 PM   #6
LittlePuppetBoy
expwy. to yr skull

LittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's asses
Yes I was really surprised that Little Miss Sunshine was nominated. That was a goooooooood movie.

Old 01.23.2007, 10:41 PM   #7
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Holy fuck. This dissapoints me. Thanks for posting Eric, but Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror is NOT on this list. Therefore making this list shit. The hell were the nominators thinking? Method man's even in it.

Hip-hop superstar Snoop Dogg takes horror fans on a ride through the scary underside of life in the 'hood in this horror anthology. The self-described "gatekeeper of the after-party" (Snoop Dogg) introduces three stories of life in a ghetto neighborhood in which the unscrupulous get what's coming to them. Posie (Daniella Alonso) is a nice girl who turns mean when a gang of thugs murder her mother. Posie swears revenge against the gangsters, but isn't sure what to do until she encounters a member of the undead (Danny Trejo) who gives her some lessons in bloodthirsty behavior. Next, Tex Woods Jr. (Anson Mount) is a ugly-spirited Southerner who claims ownership of a house belonging to his father after the old man dies at Tex's hands. Tex and his wife, Tiffany (Brande Roderick), waste no time in evicting a handful of impoverished war veterans who were friendly with Tex's dad, but he pushes them too far and Roscoe (Ernie Hudson) leads the former soldiers in a shocking act of revenge. And finally, a rapper who has betrayed most of his friends on the way up gets his just deserts on the way down. Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror also features Billy Dee Williams, Method Man, Jason Alexander, Lin Shaye, and Aries Spears. ~ Mark Deming, All Movie Guide

I conclude that the world is going to end because people are sucking at their professions. Especially these nominator fucks.
Old 01.23.2007, 10:58 PM   #8
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
LittlePuppetBoy, what can I do to get you to remove that Orvile Redenbacher thing off of your sig? It is seriously creeping me out.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2007, 11:07 PM   #9
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePuppetBoy
Yes I was really surprised that Little Miss Sunshine was nominated. That was a goooooooood movie.

I saw this on the weekend and loved it. It made me cry hahaha.

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2007, 11:35 PM   #10
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
"Little Miss Sunshine" is a great movie, but Steve Carell was snubbed, blasphemy!
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2007, 12:47 PM   #11
LittlePuppetBoy
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by noumenal
LittlePuppetBoy, what can I do to get you to remove that Orvile Redenbacher thing off of your sig? It is seriously creeping me out.

I got rid of it last night. It was way too big and cumbersome.

Old 01.24.2007, 12:49 PM   #12
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
Quote:
I got rid of it last night. It was way too big and cumbersome.

Thanks.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2007, 12:50 PM   #13
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Harvey Weinstein wields lots of Hollywood (& AMPAS) clout.

Robert Rauschenberg, Canyon, 1959. Combine on canvas 81 3/4 x 70 x 24 inches.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2007, 01:43 PM   #14
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
so, in your opinions, what was the best movie last year?
Old 01.24.2007, 01:49 PM   #15
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy

oh, i like this post. are you new? welcome...

----
also: the washington post had a poll up last night asking for the 'most egregious omission" from the oscar nominations.

#1 in the reader's opinion was the dreamgirls was not nominated for best pic (i havent seen i so i cant comment)

#2 was that volver was not chosen for best foreign language film. i voted for that. i mean-- that movie fucking ruled.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2007, 01:51 PM   #16
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
couldnt care less about the oscars. its just a load of utter rubbish.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2007, 04:35 PM   #17
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

Inclusion of Little Miss Sunshine (also in my top ten this year) effectively knocked United 93 (the New York Film Critics Association's (& my) Best Film of the Year) out of contention.

It seems a joke in poor taste that Babel got nominated for Best Picture (although I didn't see it) and United 93 got snubbed.

Robert Rauschenberg, Canyon, 1959. Combine on canvas 81 3/4 x 70 x 24 inches.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2007, 04:52 PM   #18
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

hmmm...

im gonna say this: the queen is a TV MOVIE and doesn't deserve to be there. as a WHOLE film, it's simply not up to par with the rest. maybe it's the fascination with princess diana or something that got this thing there.

however, helen mirren does a spectacular job. i mean she is fucking awesome. penelope, however, is gorgeousisisima in her role.

best movie, best movie? i'll confess to having avoided united 93 like the plague, but that's what the new york critics picked. (why, im not sure).

hm... i think pan's labyrinth should be right up there w/ the winners but it's being ghettoized to "foreign film" status.

what's the best movie i saw last year/this year? hmm.... i haven't seen little miss sunshine im afraid so i cant comment. actually, i was geographically away from movies most of last year so i watched a lot of dvds. im afraid im not qualified. however, of the stuff i saw recently (december), which has a lot of contenders, im going to say pan's labyrinth takes the cake-- is certainly not avant-garde but it's a fucking near perfect movie. SEE IT.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2007, 03:38 PM   #19
timtimtim
children of satan

timtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud of
I think the best movies from last year were Pan's Labyrinth, The Fountain, and Children of Men.
I however was a little dissapointed with the end of Pan's
timtimtim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth