Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The online guide to whistling records
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.09.2006, 12:27 PM   #1
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Probably posted before but this site remains ace to this day.
http://www.whistlingrecords.com/
This website is the result of over ten years of collecting whistling records. It is, to the best of my knowledge, the only site of it's kind in all of cyberspace. You'll find over 100 MP3s from whistlers around the world, discographies, album covers and more. Don't miss the section on vintage training records for parakeets and canaries!
I began collecting whistling records in 1993 when two volumes of Incredibly Strange Music were released on compact disc. These were compilations of oddball recordings from the fifties and sixties. One of the tracks was Fred Lowery whistling "The William Tell Overture" from his Whistle a Happy Tune album. Never before had I heard anything like it and was instantly hooked.
Learning about the relatively few whistling records in existence and tracking them down took quite some time. They were stumbled upon, one by one. The last three or four years it has became much easier to find them, especially the more obscure ones, thanks to the internet and online sources like ebay. I'd estimate 90% of my collection arrived in the mail, the other 10% came from local record stores.
I hope you enjoy the site and have fun looking, learning and listening!

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.10.2006, 08:23 AM   #2
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
That's fucking phenomenal. The only non-boring post on this board..

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2007, 05:57 PM   #3
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Bump!Because i have to.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth