Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.13.2014, 03:55 AM   #5801
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Ozil off to Bayern?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2789920/mesut-ozil-wants-leave-arsenal-january-bayern-munich-line-30million-bid.html

Certainly hasn't done much at Arsenal
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2014, 04:16 AM   #5802
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses

this has been the biggest news for the last few days in the Netherlands. Analysts on TV have been talking about it for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours now

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2014, 04:44 AM   #5803
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_

this has been the biggest news for the last few days in the Netherlands. Analysts on TV have been talking about it for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours now

what happened between Huntelaar and van Persie?

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2014, 07:14 AM   #5804
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
nothing! that's the whole point, it's a pointless discussion
Van Persie tried to kick the ball in the goal, and Huntelaar was pissed that he didn't pass it to him. See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78lvVYarUHI

Old 10.14.2014, 04:43 AM   #5805
_tunic_
invito al cielo

place your bets now!
When will the Dutch coach be fired? Today, tomorrow, next week?

Old 10.14.2014, 08:50 AM   #5806
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I know RVP's had to come out and publicly defend Hiddink. I don't know what it is about Hiddink but I really don't like him. Nothing to do with him as a manager, just something about him.
Old 10.14.2014, 02:40 PM   #5807
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Oranjes!! Thats my "dudes with names like the villains in a van damme movie" team.. plus im always a sucker for that undergod contender who nobody likes and is the villain but also respected because nobody really wants to play them because they know that Netherlands is actually talented enough to pull of any upset. If they finally break through and win a big trophy it would change the current power structure of the game. Theyd change the narrative from choker to threat

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2014, 02:46 PM   #5808
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
FYI Germany-Ireland 0-0 at halftime. Looks like Podolski is coming in.
--
ps- Kroos scored from outside the area and then a last-minute goal by Ireland's O'Shea tied 1-1! BAM! Jogi Low will eat a lot of booger tonight.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2014, 09:46 PM   #5809
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
USA Honduras was the sweatiest friendly I've ever seen.. and Honduras celebrated their equalizing goal like they were making up for shitting the bed at the World Cup instead of tying up a friendly

Old 10.14.2014, 09:46 PM   #5810
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

USA Honduras was the sweatiest friendly I've ever seen.. and Honduras celebrated their equalizing goal like they were making up for shitting the bed at the World Cup instead of tying up a friendly

Old 10.15.2014, 12:13 AM   #5811
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Good god, do I long for the days when bringing up pro sports or sports in general in an ostensibly underground music crowd would inspire shouts of derision and eventual ostracization from said crowd.
Jocks suck. Team sports are for assholes and this kind of crap is the thing that helped ruin this forum. There was a time when anyone into this garbage would be justifiably branded as a lamer. You guys are fucking lame jock sympathizers and this shit makes me sad.
Fuck team sports culture in the face. With a rusty chainsaw.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2014, 12:45 AM   #5812
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
(I have to say that every so often. Carry on with your jock bullshit.)
Old 10.15.2014, 05:42 AM   #5813
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
this kind of crap is the thing that helped ruin this forum.

How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
FYI Germany-Ireland 0-0 at halftime. Looks like Podolski is coming in.
--
ps- Kroos scored from outside the area and then a last-minute goal by Ireland's O'Shea tied 1-1! BAM! Jogi Low will eat a lot of booger tonight.

The Euros are definitely in the silly season right now. Big teams falling all over the place. Give England they're due, they're at least winning the games they should be winning.
Old 10.15.2014, 06:07 AM   #5814
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

Saw the highlights. Looked like USA just sat back after their goal, which was asking for trouble against a Honduras side who, you know, if nothing else, will be full on and work their arses off. And against the US, they'd likely be even more motivated than usual. A bit of arrogance from Klinsmann there, or at best naivety.
Old 10.15.2014, 06:27 AM   #5815
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Hell on Earth happened at Serbia-Albania match.

Someone flew a drone carrying a flag of independent Kosovo over the pitch(Serbia and Albania have been in a long dispute over the ownership of this land) and afterwards, a real chaos erupted.

These Balkans are some wicked, wicked people.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2014, 08:08 AM   #5816
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Good god, do I long for the days when bringing up pro sports or sports in general in an ostensibly underground music crowd would inspire shouts of derision and eventual ostracization from said crowd.
Jocks suck. Team sports are for assholes and this kind of crap is the thing that helped ruin this forum. There was a time when anyone into this garbage would be justifiably branded as a lamer. You guys are fucking lame jock sympathizers and this shit makes me sad.
Fuck team sports culture in the face. With a rusty chainsaw.
"be like me or be branded a lamer"

are you 12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Hell on Earth happened at Serbia-Albania match.

Someone flew a drone carrying a flag of independent Kosovo over the pitch(Serbia and Albania have been in a long dispute over the ownership of this land) and afterwards, a real chaos erupted.

These Balkans are some wicked, wicked people.

terrible. everyone should reunite, if only for the sake of fielding better teams to international matches. i'm dreaming of course. i remember milosevic, the clinton air war, etc.
Old 10.15.2014, 08:25 AM   #5817
demonrail666
invito al cielo

And yet something I do like about football is the way it can make public, certain tensions that governments and politicians try to hide or pretend aren't there - at least to the outside world. Like the way Spain is having to deal with a racism problem its government pretended it never had, largely because the world sees how it treats black players in football matches. Not saying football solves these problems, but it does a good job of bringing them out into the open.
Old 10.15.2014, 08:52 AM   #5818
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
And yet something I do like about football is the way it can make public, certain tensions that governments and politicians try to hide or pretend aren't there - at least to the outside world. Like the way Spain is having to deal with a racism problem its government pretended it never had, largely because the world sees how it treats black players in football matches. Not saying football solves these problems, but it does a good job of bringing them out into the open.

bayern played a weird match in russia the other day (couple of weeks ago?) in an empty stadium, due to sanctions stemming from racist behavior by cska moscow fans. it was eerie but also hilarious as the russians played chants over loudspeakers.

one would think that decades of communism had taught russians the notion of universal brotherhood or some such shit. evidently not.

speaking of yahoo behavior, check out these scarves sold outside a german stadium yesterday:

Old 10.15.2014, 09:11 AM   #5819
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
"be like me or be branded a lamer"

are 12?

point taken.I don't know why I get the urge to say those things every now and again, but I do. It could just as easily be argued that the sports talk kept the forum going during the lowest activity.
And people like what they like and I don't have to read it.
Yep, pretty 12 year old I suppose.
Old 10.15.2014, 09:30 AM   #5820
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
point taken.I don't know why I get the urge to say those things every now and again, but I do.

we all have some high school trauma (i have many), so i'm not pointing the finger at you or anything for having one, but that's probably the reason. back when jocks ruled the world in totalitarian ways (it's probably an american thing) ranting against them was a necessary act of resistance, lines had to be drawn, cliques formed, etc.

but this is another place & time, and nobody who likes sports here today does not also enjoy some kind of art or philosophy or culture in general-- sports are just one more thing to like rather than an either/or choice between opposing tribes/lifestyles.

albert camus was a goalkeeper until he was sidelined by tuberculosis (but he didn't quit smoking).

i read the other day that raymond pettibon is a huge baseball fan btw.

http://www.juxtapoz.com/current/raym...on-on-baseball

Quote:
It could just as easily be argued that the sports talk kept the forum going during the lowest activity.

the nice thing about games of this sort is that there's always some unpredictable thing happening-- so it makes for good excuses to talk. and there is more drama (and comedy) than the theatre. i don't know that keeping this forum going is a redeeming action of any kind though ha ha.
241281288289290 291 292293294301341391 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth