Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.09.2017, 12:54 PM   #20801
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Henry & June.

And Rob summed it up perfectly!
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2017, 12:55 PM   #20802
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Henry & June

Old 03.09.2017, 12:56 PM   #20803
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I was so in love with Uma Thurman. still am infatuated I guess. she is my age and watching her from Munchausen to Henry & June to KIll Bill was great, until I had to see her gross as feet in Kill Bill. that tamped down the lustmeter......
Old 03.09.2017, 01:00 PM   #20804
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
As a young teen I read aqs many of the Destroyer men's adventure series that that Remo movie is based on. I loved the character of Chiun and how he was always insulting the white man, western culture, etc., but he loved the highest art achieved in america, the soap opera. The movie captured maybe 10% of what the books are like. very disappointing.
oh i got a little of the soap opera stuff, and the korean supremacist speech too and it was all chuckleworthy, but at the same time this was completely erased by the fact that this chiun was a white man in yellowface. were were like--wtf! and laughing too, because what fucking gumption, as if nobody could notice the atrocious prosthetic job.

the movie we watched the day before (o lucky man, posted above) also featured a white man in blackface as an african tyrant--but we though it was done only for satirical purposes and not pig ignorance. wishful thinking maybe?

anyway, two ethnic caricatures in a row was too much to tolerate, and with remo it didn't make sense at all, except that the master of ceremonies from cabaret (who plays chiun) actually had some good dancer moves and could do some of the physical stuff, unlike, say, mr. miyagi.

so-- what was this comic called again? the destroyer men?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2017, 01:04 PM   #20805
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

not a comic. a pulp men's adventure series called The Destroyer. According to IMDB copyright screwed the film because Marvel owns a character called The MIghty Destroyer, so they could not name the movie after the book series.

I liked this one a lot because it involves a battle between all the mystical assassin martial artists from the world competing to see who is the master assassin of all.

The stuff they got right in the movie was all the wilford brimley stuff, about the organization C.U.R.E., and the way they run in secret.
Old 03.09.2017, 01:06 PM   #20806
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

it is pure salami but what salami! I am not sure that they still publish many of these men's adventure books anymore. Like the male equivalent of romance novels, but instead of love, lust, intrigue, and missed opportunities for love, there is violence, action, martial arts, clinical sex (because Chiun taught Remo exactly how to drive a woman insane with pleasure, it takes 32 steps but most women can only get to step 4-5 before they explode in orgasms. hahahahahahahahh . no lie. Therefore Remo no longer enjoys sex.)
Old 03.09.2017, 01:25 PM   #20807
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ha ha ha ha ha ha

yeah they threw in a bit of the 32 steps there

BTW-- janeway was hot! oh yeah. damn.

the computer scenes were fucking terrible. but it was funny to see beetus running it
Old 03.09.2017, 01:27 PM   #20808
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Henry & June.

And Rob summed it up perfectly!
there's a terrible tropic of cancer movie from the 70s with rip torn fucking a bunch of women that it's actually entertaining

not a masterpiece or anything but i enjoyed it. it was actually funny.
Old 03.11.2017, 08:45 PM   #20809
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

Bully

I'm never sure what I think about Larry Clarke. I generally like his movies but I do think his reasons for making them are pretty dubious.
Old 03.12.2017, 07:47 AM   #20810
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
He's probably a perv.

But I actually own this movie. I think I got it so I could shock people with it, but it is a well-made, emotionally moving film. (With naked teens.)
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.12.2017, 12:30 PM   #20811
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

rewatched again CLERKS

it's still funny, and probably still his best

also been trying to finish SLIVER

which is billed as some sexy fucky thriller, which i never saw. major disappoint in several fronts:

#1, sharon stone is a great looking woman, sure, but she doesn't act sexy, like-- when she screen-fucks she looks and sounds like she's holding back her diarrhea or something instead of enjoying herself. no bueno.

#2, my wife sez alec baldwin's little brother is ugly as fuck and can't stand the look of him. i haven't yet told her that he's now a trump supporter. apparently sharon stone couldn't stand him either? which probably why the diarrhea look.

#3, terrible soundtrack that never stops

#4, the plot sucks

#5 sharon stone's prince valiant haircuts look stupid

definitely needs the mst3k treatment
Old 03.12.2017, 03:39 PM   #20812
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

fingers crossed for ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK

about to watch it in the next minute and hoping it will make up from that sliver of turd
Old 03.12.2017, 04:21 PM   #20813
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
it is pure salami but what salami!

Oh my god. Sometimes I just love the fuck out of you. This made me LOL (which will always bring to mind images of people nodding out and staring vacantly at screens, because it makes me think of, you know, lolling) ... But seriously, this made me laugh. Cheers for that.

Quote:
I am not sure that they still publish many of these ... Like the male equivalent of romance novels, but instead of love, lust, intrigue, and missed opportunities for love, there is violence, action, martial arts, clinical sex...

Uhhhhh....

Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.12.2017, 04:42 PM   #20814
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
fingers crossed for ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK

about to watch it in the next minute and hoping it will make up from that sliver of turd

It will. Trust me.
Old 03.12.2017, 05:30 PM   #20815
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
This was the last movie I watched.

I, ahhh, hmm. I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but I certainly wasn't expecting greatness, so... expectations met!

This was not great.

I have come to appreciate the kind of streamlined blockbusters Marvel puts out after years of resenting their success because I'm a DC motherfucker for life. But with Chris Nolan out of that scene, and the Dark Knight stuff very much over (got out just in time, that lot), there's simply no denying that Marvel has definitively won the comic book movie battle for this decade.

That said, however, this movie felt like it existed simply to move the MCU along. To usher in some mystical shit and open up the doors for Thor: Ragnarok, and more mining of the depths of B-list, lame ass superheroes that have never been any kind of cool or iconic. Doctor Strange is neither cool nor iconic. He is lame and relevant to nothing, and I have never once found myself wondering what a movie version of his dumb ass might look like.
The Captain America movies work, and have a unique feel to them, and so does Thor to a lesser extend, and I hear some people even like the Iron Man films. But this one felt like a re-hash of some of the most basic elements of the most basic movies.
NR told me it was pretty much like Iron Man with magic, and ... yup! Also Tilda Swinton playing the character of a Chinese dude. So. Yah.

Special effects were cool, but they were cooler and used to better effect in Inception.

None of it was terrible. Most of it was entertaining. I wasn't bored. But it was just decidedly not great. And again, I wasn't expecting greatness, so I guess that means it isn't a disappointment.

Blah. Superhero movies. Ugh. Never thought I'd be the one to say enough already, but... fucking enough already. Let's take a goddamn breather. Or investigate some less "superhero-y" material.

I like what's happening on TV with superhero shit more than I like what's in the movies these days. Agents of SHIELD has been very touch and go, but lately it's been pretty consistently ... uh.. touch. This season has been the absolute best, and the most recent episode (S04:E15, titled "Self Control") is — no fucking shit — one of the best hours of TV I've seen in fucking AGES. Oh my god. Moody Blues music sets the tone for an EXCELLENT bottle neck episode that borrows equally from John Carpenter's The Thing, the Manchurian Candidate, The Matrix and fucking Blade Runner, and is genuinely goddamn thrilling and glorious.

Also, Gotham, despite its many, many pimples and blemishes, is consistently fun to watch. And obviously Daredevil and Jessica Jones are both the fucking shit. So I would like to see more of this TV, long-form stuff and less of the constant build-up-movie-build-up-sequel-build-up-spinoff shit that has dominated the theater for the last 12 years. FUCK!

Anyway Doctor Strange was like a 5-6/10 (if Winter Soldier was an 8/10, and The Dark Knight was a 10/10, which it was).
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.12.2017, 07:01 PM   #20816
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
It will. Trust me.

YES.

YES IT DID.

great salty bacon cheeseburger of a movie

very well shot too on an evidently low budget. best of both worlds.

a fucking masterpiece of mass entertainment.

FUCK

YES

and a great cast too

i ran out of room for ROMERO who was such a weird creature and deserves a thread of his own
Old 03.12.2017, 07:09 PM   #20817
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

also i think i'm gonna free-associate via donald pleasence and order FANTASTIC VOYAGE for next weekend
Old 03.12.2017, 09:21 PM   #20818
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Logan was great.
Old 03.12.2017, 10:09 PM   #20819
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
YES.

YES IT DID.

great salty bacon cheeseburger of a movie

very well shot too on an evidently low budget. best of both worlds.

a fucking masterpiece of mass entertainment.

FUCK

YES

Now see Escape From L.A. and be prepared to feel the complete opposite of how you feel now.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.12.2017, 11:13 PM   #20820
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
So I Married an Axe Murderer. I find it an underrated Mike Myers flick.
5419419911031103810391040 1041 104210431044105110911141 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth