Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Evidently...John Cooper Clarke
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.01.2012, 03:21 PM   #2
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Actually, you've got that entirely the wrong way around - the BBC loses its rights to public money if it acts in the way that private enterprises do. So it's guaranteed money like you'd never believe precisely because you can't watch it overseas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2012, 04:15 PM   #3
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, sure - it's a weird one. Syndication is ok because the content already exists, and the public pays for it (circuitously) so it makes sense to put the money back into the BBC's funds; paywalls are not ok because the content is paid for by the public - it's convoluted, no-one's denying that. Ultimately though, I'd defend the BBC to the hilt because without Radio 3 I'd not live here any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth