Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.26.2017, 09:33 AM   #3121
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
Definitely didn't know about that fucked up policy. I know PR is on the path to statehood, maybe that will help, though no panacea for the current hurricane problems.
what hurricane? according to tv news, only in texas and florida!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2017, 10:25 AM   #3122
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
New Yorker

Amid Trump’s nuclear brinksmanship and social-media provocation toward North Korea, amid the swollen gorges of water streaming through Puerto Rico, amid the craven and indefensible attempts to gut health care, amid the slower-moving crises of voting access, economic inequality, and climate change—amid all these things, Trump yet again found a novel way to diminish the nation he purportedly leads. He has authored danger in more ways than there are novel ways to denounce it. This is his singular genius. When this moment has elapsed, when some inevitably unsatisfactory punctuation has concluded the Trump era, we will be left with an infinitude of questions. But Trump, we will assuredly understand, is a small man with a fetish for the symbols of democracy and a bottomless hostility for the actual practice of it.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...the-new-uppity
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2017, 05:37 PM   #3123
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
They are forced by US law to take all goods/reliefsupplies/cargo to a mainland US port (Florida usually) where all cargo must be removed, and placed in a US boat, so as to screw over PR and make extra $$$ for the assholes that run US shipping concerns (MAFIA).

Thanks for posting this - I had to read a little further. Oddly I first ended up reading the Jones Act of 1917 that formalized Porto Rico and offered citizenship to its people, only 288 said no. After all the United States liberated Porto Rico from a brutal, degenerate and genocidal Spanish monarchy.

The Jones Act of 1920 is the relevant law, it reads to me as a surprising America First law, for ships engaging in coastwise trade must be US registered with US crew. I could be wrong, but my impression is the major US shipping industry is locked up into a few major corporate shippers and of course the security risk of having foreign ships cruising the coast loaded with huge loads of unknown cargo can't be allowed.

Because there are TREMENDOUS tax advantages for everyone in PR (no income tax on money earned in PR) and the poor get the same rewards for breeding regardless there is also a strong argument to NOT gain statehood. so why lose that free stuff for what, extra SSI? An electoral and Congressional vote that won't matter anyway...and the corruption is structural - the rich aren't going to give this up.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-hot-tax-haven
https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebat...as-a-tax-haven

Half the island is about to move here to the mainland anyway...and Trump can't do shit about it!
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2017, 08:44 AM   #3124
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
They will NOT temp repeal the Jones act. http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...to-rico-relief fucking assholes.
Old 09.27.2017, 08:48 AM   #3125
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the fact that PR citizens do not pay income tax is used to justify all sorts of slavery. PR, all US citizens, pay social security, they pay all sales taxes, they pay all property taxes, triple in GAs taxes, double on shipping tariffs, etc, etc. It is the same as a white slave master saying the slaves should be hapy because he does not force them to pay rent, while forcing them to pay for food, medical supplies, clothes, tools, etc. The Jones law is from WWI when the fear was that german (pre-Nazi_ U-boats would use PR as a hub to attack USA. it serves no purpose now other than to line the pockets of the MAFIA that runs US shipping and teamsters unions. Trump, the fat fucking idiot, has been in bed with them since his NYC real estate days.
Old 09.27.2017, 09:41 AM   #3126
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
Thanks for posting this - I had to read a little further. Oddly I first ended up reading the Jones Act of 1917 that formalized Porto Rico and offered citizenship to its people, only 288 said no. After all the United States liberated Porto Rico from a brutal, degenerate and genocidal Spanish monarchy.
!

you say "liberated" I say "conquered."

BTW, it is PUERTO Rico, NOT "PORTO" which is what white fucking asshole FUCKS wanted to rename the island in the 20's to make it easier for white cracker ass fucks to pronounce it. "porto" is not a real word.
Old 09.27.2017, 10:33 AM   #3127
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
you say "liberated" I say "conquered."

BTW, it is PUERTO Rico, NOT "PORTO" which is what white fucking asshole FUCKS wanted to rename the island in the 20's to make it easier for white cracker ass fucks to pronounce it. "porto" is not a real word.

Think some Portuguese might want a word with you there

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2017, 10:43 AM   #3128
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Think some Portuguese might want a word with you there
come on, but that's totally besides the point of the argument rob was making.

if you wanna get on with the erudition, in spanish "porto" is the first person singular present indicative of "portar" (to bear, to carry, as in the english word "portage"). so the word "exists" in spanish without giving the island a portuguese-looking name.

but that's still besides the point, right? because "porto rico" still makes no sense for puerto rico.

rob is refuting tesla's manifest destiny bullshit and let's not distract from that. "liberated" from a genocidal monarchy! (because usa freedom & democracy never "genocided" anyone.)
Old 09.27.2017, 11:39 AM   #3129
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Jones Act (not named after Alex nor Grace) is a POS of the worst order. I think knowledge of this is pretty slim in the US, thanks for the info, I have posted elsewhere. This needs to change.
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2017, 11:47 AM   #3130
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
come on, but that's totally besides the point of the argument rob was making.

if you wanna get on with the erudition, in spanish "porto" is the first person singular present indicative of "portar" (to bear, to carry, as in the english word "portage"). so the word "exists" in spanish without giving the island a portuguese-looking name.

but that's still besides the point, right? because "porto rico" still makes no sense for puerto rico.

rob is refuting tesla's manifest destiny bullshit and let's not distract from that. "liberated" from a genocidal monarchy! (because usa freedom & democracy never "genocided" anyone.)

Haha I was taking the piss. These emojis are too limited for my modern day ass. Shoulda used the old Thought the was sarcasm enough but maybe not

Old 09.27.2017, 11:58 AM   #3131
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Haha I was taking the piss. These emojis are too limited for my modern day ass. Shoulda used the old Thought the was sarcasm enough but maybe not
oh i thought your rolleyes was a putdown on rob's ignorance of football clubs (and the portuguese cities that begat them, ha ha)

the green one with the big teeth is friendlier i think. this goofy one:

===

BUT ANYWAY

was here to add that, while technically under the spanish crown, puerto rico had already achieved self-government before the american invasion happened.

the usa is a great country, but as such, it has great demons--denial and delusion among them, fueling the beast of imperialism.
Old 09.27.2017, 12:23 PM   #3132
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

BTW. the Jones Act does not apply to US Virgin Islands and several other US slave-holdings.
Old 09.27.2017, 01:09 PM   #3133
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i seriously doubt el trumpo knows anything about nicaragua unless he has a golf course in it (he doesn't).
Old 09.27.2017, 01:23 PM   #3134
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Trump defaulted on $33 million owed to Puerto Rico in taxes over one of his golf courses which declared bankruptcy.. he paid back about $100,000 of the bond money he was given.
Old 09.27.2017, 01:35 PM   #3135
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Puerto Rico has always been the whipping boy for US interests, because we are essentially slaves

when the US Pharma was developing the birth control pill, hundreds and hundreds of women in PR were sterilized unknowingly by the pharma companies doing "research."
"Women enrolled in medical school in San Juan were told they had to take part in the medical test or face expulsion." Again, these women weren't told what the pill was for; instead, they were supposed to shut up, take their medicine, and submit to frequent, invasive medical exams."
They were not allowed to sue , because we are slaves. https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/artic...effects-secret

The US Navy used half of the offshore island Vieques as a bombing range for the navy ships (half the island is occupied and these people started getting cancers and tumors because of the spent uranium shells used by the Navy, along with tons of toxic chems tested out, including ASgent Orange before its use in NAM. They sprayed PR people, US citizens, killing hundreds and dooming many to cancer. To this day that part of Vieques is off limits due to toxicity. Protesters were shot at, including myself and my family when I was 6 and my parents were protesting. I have photos at home of a young man shot by US MP's during protest and my dad giving him first aid. horror.

to this day, big med and pharma companies are allowede to enter into a tax-free partnership, build facilities, hire puerto ricans for 1/4 of what they would pay in a mainland US city, and then they shut up and leave town after 6 years. If they stay 7 years, they have to start paying back all the taxes owed. soooo, they fire every single person, shut the shop, go back to US, in six months, with a new name, they reopen their labs and hire all new people and so on. My cousin who has two medical and science master degrees, earns $10.00/hour running one of these labs, and she has been "fired" and "re-hired" three times already.

there is so much more. so much. My mom and dad have a massive file in the FBI from thjeir involvement in the Puerto Rican nationalist party, which sought independence for the island. From 1974-1981, anytime my parents had a large group at home the FBI would show up and ask questions as to who was there and why. I distinctly remember them interrupting domino games, my dad's bible study groups (my dad was an episcopal priest) etc. NO JOKE.
Old 09.27.2017, 01:50 PM   #3136
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
Puerto Rico has always been the whipping boy for US interests, because we are essentially slaves

when the US Pharma was developing the birth control pill, hundreds and hundreds of women in PR were sterilized unknowingly by the pharma companies doing "research."
"Women enrolled in medical school in San Juan were told they had to take part in the medical test or face expulsion." Again, these women weren't told what the pill was for; instead, they were supposed to shut up, take their medicine, and submit to frequent, invasive medical exams."
They were not allowed to sue , because we are slaves. https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/artic...effects-secret

The US Navy used half of the offshore island Vieques as a bombing range for the navy ships (half the island is occupied and these people started getting cancers and tumors because of the spent uranium shells used by the Navy, along with tons of toxic chems tested out, including ASgent Orange before its use in NAM. They sprayed PR people, US citizens, killing hundreds and dooming many to cancer. To this day that part of Vieques is off limits due to toxicity. Protesters were shot at, including myself and my family when I was 6 and my parents were protesting. I have photos at home of a young man shot by US MP's during protest and my dad giving him first aid. horror.

to this day, big med and pharma companies are allowede to enter into a tax-free partnership, build facilities, hire puerto ricans for 1/4 of what they would pay in a mainland US city, and then they shut up and leave town after 6 years. If they stay 7 years, they have to start paying back all the taxes owed. soooo, they fire every single person, shut the shop, go back to US, in six months, with a new name, they reopen their labs and hire all new people and so on. My cousin who has two medical and science master degrees, earns $10.00/hour running one of these labs, and she has been "fired" and "re-hired" three times already.

there is so much more. so much. My mom and dad have a massive file in the FBI from thjeir involvement in the Puerto Rican nationalist party, which sought independence for the island. From 1974-1981, anytime my parents had a large group at home the FBI would show up and ask questions as to who was there and why. I distinctly remember them interrupting domino games, my dad's bible study groups (my dad was an episcopal priest) etc. NO JOKE.

Man...

Don't really know what to say to that except thanks for saying shit I (and I suspect many people) had ZERO idea about.

Massive respect to your parents though.

Old 09.27.2017, 01:55 PM   #3137
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Trump defaulted on $33 million owed to Puerto Rico in taxes over one of his golf courses which declared bankruptcy.. he paid back about $100,000 of the bond money he was given.

that's something that nobody should take personally cuz el trumpo does it to everybody.

--

and i didn't know that about your parents! wow!
Old 09.27.2017, 01:59 PM   #3138
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
¿pero con el fútbol sí?

That's correct. I plug myself into the matrix for those 90 minutes, then I'm off again.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2017, 05:38 PM   #3139
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson Take a Knee on The X-Files Set in Solidarity with NFL Protests

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2017, 05:43 PM   #3140
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
That's correct. I plug myself into the matrix for those 90 minutes, then I'm off again.
and the rest of the time you're and internet gringo, captive in the wrong hemisphere? ¡ja ja ja!

bueno, cada loco con su tema... yo también tengo los míos...
107147154155156 157 158159160167207257 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth