Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Watchmen Trailer
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.25.2008, 02:45 AM   #21
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Sorry, I love the Watchmen book but this movie looks awful. From the director of 300? Pleease they couldn't have picked a better director? Anyway most of the book is talking, it's more like reading a novel but it looks like they are focusing on the super power aspects of it and lots of slow mo action. Uggh. I don't think it will be good. Alan Moore will probably hate it too just like he hated V. So that's From Hell, V for Vendetta, and Watchmen. Hope hollywood stays away from his early scifi/punk stuff like Quinch and Skizz
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2008, 02:52 AM   #22
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangajunky
It's too bad that Terry Gilliam couldn't get his shit together to do it...but that's happened with him and a lot of projects.

Terry Gilliam is amazing, he could've done it justice. I'd rather see him do other stuff though like a Neil Gaiman adaptation. After I read Neverwhere ( which could be the best fantasy book ever aside from the Hobbit ) I was really really hoping Gilliam would do it, but now I find out he's going to do " Good Omens " the only Neil Gaiman book I haven't read. Damn. I want to see neverwhere. It'll probably get sold to some crappy illequipped movie company like Stardust did and get made into a crappy harry potter wannabe garbage movie
Old 07.25.2008, 02:55 AM   #23
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
everyone is saying how it looks awesome... i dont buy it... not a real watchmen fan, but neither are most people talking to me about it... jackie earl haley was fantastic in Little Children, so his casting is encouraging, but aside from that... i don't know, i'll reserve judgement tho for trailer 2 or 3

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2008, 02:57 AM   #24
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
When I first heard it was from the director of 300, for some reason I forgot Snyder directed it and assumed that Frank Miller was actually going to be his first solo directorial debut. Turns out I confused it with The Spirit. Would have been awesome if Miller did Watchmen.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2008, 02:58 AM   #25
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
yeah sorry 300 sucked

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2008, 03:00 AM   #26
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
yeah sorry 300 sucked

indeeeeeed it did. In a HUGE way. So I'm not the only one! Awesome ::highfive::
Old 07.25.2008, 05:54 AM   #27
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth
Hope hollywood stays away from his early scifi/punk stuff like Quinch and Skizz

New from PIXAR! - D.R. and Quinch

I kid. I'm a kidder.

Mind the oranges, Marlon.

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2008, 09:09 AM   #28
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Sorry, I love the Watchmen book but this movie looks awful. From the director of 300? Pleease they couldn't have picked a better director? Anyway most of the book is talking, it's more like reading a novel but it looks like they are focusing on the super power aspects of it and lots of slow mo action. Uggh. I don't think it will be good. Alan Moore will probably hate it too just like he hated V. So that's From Hell, V for Vendetta, and Watchmen. Hope hollywood stays away from his early scifi/punk stuff like Quinch and Skizz

I thought V was very good and fit the comic very well.

From hell was an OK movie but it had NOTHING to do with the story from the comic (which I have read twice and is fucking amazing)
Old 07.25.2008, 09:10 AM   #29
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Terry Gilliam is amazing, he could've done it justice. I'd rather see him do other stuff though like a Neil Gaiman adaptation. After I read Neverwhere ( which could be the best fantasy book ever aside from the Hobbit ) I was really really hoping Gilliam would do it, but now I find out he's going to do " Good Omens " the only Neil Gaiman book I haven't read. Damn. I want to see neverwhere. It'll probably get sold to some crappy illequipped movie company like Stardust did and get made into a crappy harry potter wannabe garbage movie

Good Omens is a very good book, more whimsical and apocalyptic than neverwhere.

neverwhere was fucking good too!
Old 07.25.2008, 03:14 PM   #30
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I thought V was very good and fit the comic very well.

Yeah, It's the one movie I haven't seen that I will never watch in my life. I liked the comic too much and I've heard from people I trust that it's NOTHING like it, and that they pretty much turned V into Neo from the Matrix and it's all about slow motion karate scenes.
Old 07.25.2008, 03:18 PM   #31
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Good Omens is a very good book, more whimsical and apocalyptic than neverwhere.

neverwhere was fucking good too!

Not to turn this into a Neil Gaiman thread but yeah, I've heard nothing but good things about Good Omens. More whimsical really? The thing I loved about Neverwhere was that it was dark and serious, but whimsical at the same time. Such a perfect fantasy book. And it was so detailed. They described the underground world in such detail, like croup and vandemars abandoned hospital.

Anyway, I've gotta read it someday. Only book of his I didn't like was Stardust. It was a bit TOO whimsical and generic fairy tale for my tastes. Man I really am a picky bastard
Old 07.25.2008, 03:40 PM   #32
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yeah, It's the one movie I haven't seen that I will never watch in my life. I liked the comic too much and I've heard from people I trust that it's NOTHING like it, and that they pretty much turned V into Neo from the Matrix and it's all about slow motion karate scenes.

actually, the movie was less faggy

kind of like the crow
ha ha! just kidding of course

the movie was very good adaptation I thought.

I know what you mean though, because I hate watching movies if I have read the book beforehand. the movie almost always comes off cheap and thin
Old 07.25.2008, 03:41 PM   #33
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I did not finish stardust
I agree with ya on that one

I guess "whimsical" si not the right word for good omens. More like anarchic.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth