Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Boris Johnson has been elected mayor of London,one of the biggest Cities In The World
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.03.2008, 08:26 AM   #21
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
At least it is not Rome - Romans are saluting and "Duce!"ing Alemanno in their droves. Does anybody else feel that Europe is entering a right-wing era?
Old 05.03.2008, 09:11 AM   #22
NWRA
children of satan

NWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
Charlie Brooker is hilarious, anyone a fan of Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe?

I read his Screenburn books during my breaktimes at work, they're great to dip into, so many funny turns-of-phrases and touches of surrealism. And of course there is http://www.tvgohome.com/ , which is finally back online (it disappeared for ages).
NWRA is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2008, 12:10 PM   #23
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWRA
I read his Screenburn books during my breaktimes at work, they're great to dip into, so many funny turns-of-phrases and touches of surrealism. And of course there is http://www.tvgohome.com/ , which is finally back online (it disappeared for ages).

i can never keep a striahg t face whenever reading that at work. its awful when you have to laugh and everyone else is quiet.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2008, 05:20 PM   #24
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Charlie Brooker is brill, let that be known.

As for Boris, the end is nigh, people!
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2008, 05:05 AM   #25
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
Charlie Brooker is hilarious, anyone a fan of Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe?

Yeah.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2008, 05:01 PM   #26
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Boris is hardly a Sarkozy or a Bush. These people have serious political agendas. Boris is a buffoon, basically, which, while not an ideal quality for a politician, means he's unlikely to initiate riots in his own country or mass invasions of other people's.

I'm not surprised it's happened. Ken had alienated enough grass-roots voters during his two terms to make anything other than a conservative victory quite likely.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2008, 05:08 PM   #27
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
I can understand Ken Livingstone alienating the grass roots voters but I can't imagine those same grass roots voters voting for Boris. He's a fucking toff idiot.

Why isn't SuchPalsBeDangers joining in with the Boris bashing?
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2008, 06:50 AM   #28
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker
I can understand Ken Livingstone alienating the grass roots voters but I can't imagine those same grass roots voters voting for Boris. He's a fucking toff idiot.

Why isn't SuchPalsBeDangers joining in with the Boris bashing?

I find it quite funny that Labour set-up the Mayor of London as a sinecure, a nominal labour seat in a traditionally Labour area and it's gone over to the Tories. It doesn't really bother me that Boris is in the position he's in (I don't think the position holds enough responsibility to be worrying) but it does worry me that the country is sliding back towards the blues. Labour have been going to the dogs for a while, but I'm still not comfortable with Cameron, and even less comfortable with the Tory scum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2008, 07:41 AM   #29
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Boris is hardly a Sarkozy or a Bush. These people have serious political agendas. Boris is a buffoon, basically, which, while not an ideal quality for a politician, means he's unlikely to initiate riots in his own country or mass invasions of other people's.

I'm not surprised it's happened. Ken had alienated enough grass-roots voters during his two terms to make anything other than a conservative victory quite likely.

Yes. He's not a threat to anything. At the end of the day, things like ''zero tolerance'' and such have been around with labour, why the outrage I don't understand. Left or Right politics differ only in tactics not in principle.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2008, 08:20 AM   #30
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
My one major regret with the election outcome is that Livingston was a politician clearly inspired by the idea of London and, while I rarely agreed with how he wanted to do with that idea, he clearly did love the city. Which is something I doubt I could say about Boris.

Will Self for Mayor, 2012.
Old 05.05.2008, 08:23 AM   #31
sarramkrop

Londoners rarely love London themselves. It's something that I have never experienced in any European city ever.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2008, 08:48 AM   #32
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Yes, that's true, and I may act like that sometimes myself. Pesonally, I think it's more a love-hate relationship with a bit of a 'we can criticize it but you can't' type of mentality thrown in.

Being born and raised somewhere inevitably gives you a different outlook on that place, compared with those that have only known it in their adult life. This isn't to say that one knows more than the other, just that one sees things differently from the other. My image of London is a mish-mash of childhood memories and current realities. As such it's an image filled with the same mix of great happiness and sadness that you'd expect to find in any life.
Old 05.05.2008, 11:02 AM   #33
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
To me there is a difference between Boris and Ken in the sense that Ken was a bit of an Autocrat whereas Boris is clearly going to be programmed with what Conservative central office want him to say every morning. So he is harmless in himself but the people behind him may not be.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth