Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Lightning Bolt: Sucky?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.07.2006, 01:51 AM   #101
wax
the destroyed room

wax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asses
ive always found a big difference between getting into the music and then just listening.
if you really dont like it then thats fair enough, and as far as i can remember, i thought pretty much the same the first few times i listened to that song,,,,,,and actualy most of that album.
i used to have a similar opinion to some people on this board that lightning bolt are a band that only really do anything good when they play live, but after giving the record a few more listens, ,,,,,, no looking back.
im not too keen on hypermagic mountain, and would probably say something like its repetative and boring if i didnt know better. but i know if i give it more of a chance then ill prbably love that one too.
just too much good music, i dont seem to find the time to give every album the time it deserves.
wax is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2006, 01:53 AM   #102
wax
the destroyed room

wax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrrtyboots
Isn't this discussion over yet? I think we all know Daycare doesn't like Wonderful Rainbow whatsoever, and will probably not like any of their other material because of his impression from the album. So, fin.

i just read the thread, so im giving my opinion, you dont have to carry on if you dont want to.

i just want daycare to know it might grow on him! or maybe not. who knows
Old 07.07.2006, 02:00 AM   #103
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
I'm more or less directing it towards Daycare. I know that the first time i heard ride the skies i didn't think much of it, i thought it was just some weird guitar effects. When i heard that it was a bass, i got a little bit more interested and gave it another chance. Then i saw a live video of theirs and my jaw dropped. Then i listened to wonderful rainbow and was hooked.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2006, 02:17 AM   #104
wax
the destroyed room

the repetativity is one of the attractions for me, as long as the bit theyre repeating sounds as fucking amazing as it always does on WR. whether hes playing a gtr, a bass or whatever doesnt matter to me, whatver it is just sounds soooo good, crunchy, power, amazing.
alot of music is repetative. 3 or 4 people repeating something for ages while one person does something unrepetative over the top.
Old 07.07.2006, 06:17 AM   #105
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
spacemen 3, stereolab, majority of electro, mbv, i could go on.......
Old 07.07.2006, 08:18 AM   #106
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
always thought they were overrated meself. seen em live a couple of times, they were decent but not transcendent or anything... i have ride the skies which i don't really like and hypermagic mountain which is good but a bit too long and too close to heavy metal for comfort at some points... power of salad is fun...
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2006, 10:52 PM   #107
contort:myself
little trouble girl

contort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to behold
lightning bolt free show tomorrow in Providence of the Rhode Islands.

Just in case someone didn't know who needed to.

Should be good clean fun.

Bitches.

http://75orlessrecords.com
our record label
buy our latest album
so that they can pay us
contort:myself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2009, 07:21 PM   #108
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicfollower
glitch noise

Whoa, I'm really intrigued by this, please lemme know of some "glitch noise".

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth