Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page television personalities
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.29.2006, 08:10 PM   #1
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
ujn
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.29.2006, 08:53 PM   #2
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
very good band. _The Painted Word_ is great, as are some of the early songs too. plunder their catalog, it's pretty rewarding.
narlus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2006, 10:12 AM   #3
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
the only one i own is "and don't the kids just love it". I think that what it's called anyway. its a very good album.
Old 08.30.2006, 04:04 PM   #4
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
Yep, that's a good album.. I heard the new one was kind aspotty and off
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2006, 01:30 AM   #5
AllHandsOnTheBigOne
children of satan

AllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's asses
Uh, yeah. And Don't the Kids Still Love It is full of solid twee pop. Outside of that I'm not familiar with the band's output; I didn't even realize they had released a new album. Or were still making music for that matter.
Old 08.31.2006, 09:15 PM   #6
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
the guy was in jail for like 11 eleven years on the charges of theft. I think he was breaking into houses. THere's one song by them, how i learned to love the bomb... that song is fuckin sweet.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2006, 05:57 AM   #7
o o o
the destroyed room

o o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey alex
the guy was in jail for like 11 eleven years on the charges of theft. I think he was breaking into houses.

There was a long period, I think, when there were rumours that nobody knew where he was, that he might be homeless or even that nobody knew if he was alive... i even seem to remember that some small band wrote a song called "I know where Dan Treacy lives" echoing TVP's "I know where Syd Barrett lives" (or maybe I'm just imagining this, or maybe it was even my idea to write such a song)...

i love the first four albums... it's striking how Dan Treacy started writing funny / optimistic / ironic songs and a few years later he was writing sad, serious, pessimistic song - which could still be funny at times... and how his voice changed...

there is a great compilation called "yes, darling, but is it art?" which includes their lovely early singles like "Posing at the Roundhouse", "Part Time Punks", "Where is Bill Grundy now?"...

i haven't heard heard the new album...
o o o is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2006, 06:54 AM   #8
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Their latest album disappointed me a lot.
It's got all of what Dan Treacy thought people expected from him, but it lacks what was to be found in his previous work : spontaneity.
He drops names here and there just the way he did but this time it ain't witty.
To be fair, he hadn't played for quite a while, had even sold his guitar for heroin.

I got into his music via "Yes, Darling" and started tracking his releases - which was hard. I even went to London to chase some records. Then Fire Records (a label he now despises) reissued his work.

I'd recommend "Yes, Darling", "They Could Have Been Bigger than the Beatles", "The Painted Word" (Paradise Estate & Back To Vietnam are really dark) and "Closer to God".

German label Little Teddy Recordings released another compilation of the stuff he did after Jowe Head's departure, called "Fashion Conscious". I liked it a lot.

It had covers from the Kinks, Joe Meek, Daniel Johnston, the Raincoats, Syd Barrett, Jacques Brel.

He wrote really moving lyrics.
http://www.popfloor.com/tvps/home.html

Try this band, I was glad to see a thread about them.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth