Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Thurston interview on Télérama (in French)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.02.2015, 09:47 AM   #21
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
To each their own, yes. But my reality is that its really weird when people invest so much into the person that it becomes impossible to seperate the artist from the art. Art can express anything, everything, and nothing. The artist can express something thats not personal to them or their personal experience in any way. And what woofwoof said, dude didn't commit genocide. We still don't really know his side of the story. ..and even if so, it doesn't matter. It was a very human mistake. A very normal thing to do. I loved sonic youth as an active unit and I love them now. They aren't my parents. What they do off stage or out of the studio....ultimately, means and should mean little to me. I do, personally, find it extremely creepy and weird when "fans" feel otherwise...like they are owed something. Are you a fan of the art? The artist? Cool. The person more than the art? Ehhhh, so odd
Old 04.02.2015, 09:57 AM   #22
woofwoof
little trouble girl

woofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asses
Totez agree!
woofwoof is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2015, 02:00 PM   #23
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
To each their own, yes. But my reality is that its really weird when people invest so much into the person that it becomes impossible to seperate the artist from the art. Art can express anything, everything, and nothing. The artist can express something thats not personal to them or their personal experience in any way. And what woofwoof said, dude didn't commit genocide. We still don't really know his side of the story. ..and even if so, it doesn't matter. It was a very human mistake. A very normal thing to do. I loved sonic youth as an active unit and I love them now. They aren't my parents. What they do off stage or out of the studio....ultimately, means and should mean little to me. I do, personally, find it extremely creepy and weird when "fans" feel otherwise...like they are owed something. Are you a fan of the art? The artist? Cool. The person more than the art? Ehhhh, so odd
I think you use made up perceptions on how people treat each because of their own taste in reality as an excuse to talk about yourself. Enough already? Take a selfie dressed as Patti Dylan or some bullshit.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2015, 11:56 PM   #24
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I think you use made up perceptions on how people treat each because of their own taste in reality as an excuse to talk about yourself. Enough already? Take a selfie dressed as Patti Dylan or some bullshit.

Whatever.

I think you are out of tune with reality. Most people definitely want to fuck other people. We are creatures of procreation, after all. Therefor it is, in fact, a temptation most experience. Morality will always, at the end of the day, come second to instinct. People can choose to believe otherwise, but that's whatever. people choose to believe all sorts of stupid shit. It's not illegal. Most people have lied at some point. Cheating is lying, etc etc. I'm not going to speculate as to whether most people in a relationship have cheated, but I know virtually all have been tempted to. Sorta like marijuana...even those whom don't smoke know plenty of people who do whether they realize it or not. It's just the way things are. If you can offer something valid to counter this, please do. Most people are honest? No. Most people don't like sex? Nope. Most people who've been together nearly 30 years still love having sex with the same person? Nah....lol (Thurston's case is not rare on any level!) Facts are facts. I'm an asshole who likes talking about myself...sure. I know myself. I'd rather talk about things I know about, as opposed to you who rather speculate on things you clearly know little to nothing about...usually in the way of gossip because you're own life is probably quite boring (you're here way too often for it to be all that great, let's be honest) I also know what I've witnessed amongst countless others. life's good.

And I hate Dylan. Gross.

And SHIT, even KIM said their relationship ended in a kind of typical way.
Old 04.05.2015, 02:39 AM   #25
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by woofwoof
I don't know, I listened to all of Sonic Nurse the other day and not once did any of this shit come to mind. That's just a kick-arse album.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2015, 01:25 AM   #26
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
Whatever.

I think you are out of tune with reality. Most people definitely want to fuck other people. We are creatures of procreation, after all. Therefor it is, in fact, a temptation most experience. Morality will always, at the end of the day, come second to instinct. People can choose to believe otherwise, but that's whatever. people choose to believe all sorts of stupid shit. It's not illegal. Most people have lied at some point. Cheating is lying, etc etc. I'm not going to speculate as to whether most people in a relationship have cheated, but I know virtually all have been tempted to. Sorta like marijuana...even those whom don't smoke know plenty of people who do whether they realize it or not. It's just the way things are. If you can offer something valid to counter this, please do. Most people are honest? No. Most people don't like sex? Nope. Most people who've been together nearly 30 years still love having sex with the same person? Nah....lol (Thurston's case is not rare on any level!) Facts are facts. I'm an asshole who likes talking about myself...sure. I know myself. I'd rather talk about things I know about, as opposed to you who rather speculate on things you clearly know little to nothing about...usually in the way of gossip because you're own life is probably quite boring (you're here way too often for it to be all that great, let's be honest) I also know what I've witnessed amongst countless others. life's good.

And I hate Dylan. Gross.

And SHIT, even KIM said their relationship ended in a kind of typical way.
You're saying the .same thing over and over again too. Also, Iggy Pop HATES YOU.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2015, 02:03 AM   #27
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
You're saying the .same thing over and over again too. Also, Iggy Pop HATES YOU.

BooFUCKINGhoo
Which is considerably better than expressing an opinion one can't back up :\

Go make some crappy art or something.
Old 04.07.2015, 06:21 AM   #28
woofwoof
little trouble girl

woofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asseswoofwoof kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

...eh?
Old 04.07.2015, 08:35 AM   #29
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by woofwoof
...eh?
Its a good record for yo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2015, 09:51 AM   #30
woofwoof
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Its a good record for yo
...yep. ()

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth